BrAckenspore strategy

Anyone able to say exactly how to do the flame throwers? Can you still drop them to refill? If so, how (is it a buff)? If not, how do you handle them.

what do you mean how? moss spawns, press the button to use flamethrower, aim at the moss. i'm not sure if you can still drop them like you could on the ptr. i'd have to imagine they fixed that. to drop the flamethrower on the beta you would just click off the buff and then pick it up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

You can't drop them anymore (or at least I couldn't when I tried earlier in Heroic). Still, it was rather simple, personally - I just run out and clear if either 1) there is moss creeping up (= ~15y away from the raid / boss / mushroom / adds) or 2) the boss just finished his big AoE. I can't say that was the best method, but it worked for us (could be the other flamethrower guy carried me =P).

By how I mean who does it and how many People The videos I find are unclear.

In Heroic you have only 2 Flamethrowers, so that's 2 people. Any range can do it, but you'd prefer Hunters (due to their mobility and personal CD if they mess up the timing), if you don't have any reliable one, then Mages / SPs

Is the DPS buff from it worth it? I.e. if I have a very high dps in the group and a very low dps warlock which would u give it? I'd think the obvious answer is the lowest dps but maybe the buff u get from it offsets and make it even worth it... Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Is the DPS buff from it worth it? I.e. if I have a very high dps in the group and a very low dps warlock which would u give it? I'd think the obvious answer is the lowest dps but maybe the buff u get from it offsets and make it even worth it... Anyone?
    DPS buff is too short to make any real use of it, at least that's the feeling that I got from being on flame duty today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    DPS buff is too short to make any real use of it, at least that's the feeling that I got from being on flame duty today.
    I'll second that. The buff was barely enough to let me stay competitive; my co-fireman dropped to the very bottom of the meters. Even with Burning Infusion, having a flamethrower is still a dps loss. That said, we didn't manage to kill the boss, so I may have been using the thing incorrectly

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Put a DoT class doing the Flamethrower, with the new way DoT works when he gets buffed burning moss the buf will improve the power of his DoTs already in the boss so he more or less brake even and dont loose any DPS havig to go around burning crap.

The moss "soft enrage" is tight enough that spending too much time DPSing will result in a wipe. Give it to your two lowest DPS, or DOT classes (our warlocks were the ones who did it) tell them to suck it up being bottom of the meters, and its a ridiculously easy fight. Just make sure they come in for Infecting Spores.

Give the FT's to your lowest DPS. The buff is a couple seconds. Not worth it. Your good DPS should be focused on boss & mind fungi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Give the FT's to your lowest DPS. The buff is a couple seconds. Not worth it. Your good DPS should be focused on boss & mind fungi.
    The lowest loss of DPS is when it is with DoT classes, if those are your highest or lowest DPS guys is beside the point, give it to Doters theres no reason to incur in an loss of raidwide DPS greater than you should just cause you feel like your lowest DPS should be "punished" with the flamethrower.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    The lowest loss of DPS is when it is with DoT classes, if those are your highest or lowest DPS guys is beside the point, give it to Doters theres no reason to incur in an loss of raidwide DPS greater than you should just cause you feel like your lowest DPS should be "punished" with the flamethrower.
    Do what you want. I disagree. Putting a 24k DPS Warlock on Flamethrower because they can DoT is going to hurt your raid DPS a lot more than putting a 15k Warrior on it. There is no class for whom DoTs comprise enough of their DPS to make up for time spent on the flamethrower.

It's not a punishment, it's just the ideal progression strategy.

Do what you want. I disagree. Putting a 24k DPS Warlock on Flamethrower because they can DoT is going to hurt your raid DPS a lot more than putting a 15k Warrior on it. There is no class for whom DoTs comprise enough of their DPS to make up for time spent on the flamethrower.

It's not a punishment, it's just the ideal progression strategy.
    If you put the warrior you loose 15k DPS, if you put the lok worst case scenario you loose around, 10k its simple math but whatever.

A case can be made that having highly mobile classes like hunter (as long as theyre not MM) is also a good idea as they also incur in smaler DPS losses. Only situation your example would be optmal is if you happen to have a terribad DPS warrior and a super strong DPS doter or hunter, in wich case itd be better to just waste the entirety of the terribad war DPS, but if you do have a warrior like that in your party you have other problems than comming up with a good Brakenspore strat.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-12-04 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    If you put the warrior you loose 15k DPS, if you put the lok worst case scenario you loose around, 10k its simple math but whatever.
    That's not "math" that's just pulling numbers out of your ass. No Warlock is going to pull 14k DPS with DoTs.

Only situation your example would be optmal is if you happen to have a terribad DPS warrior and a super strong DPS doter or hunter
    That's exactly the situation I just described...

but if you do have a warrior like that in your party you have other problems than comming up with a good Brakenspore strat.
    Nope. Strategy worked great, thanks. We gave the flamethrowers to our lowest DPS, everyone else focused on the boss & adds and we got a nice, solid kill.

Can we just agree there might be more than one viable strategy for flamethrower assignments depending on your raid make-up and capabilities? Not every question has a single correct answer.

That's not "math" that's just pulling numbers out of your ass. No Warlock is going to pull 14k DPS with DoTs.
    Really? Cause one of our locks did 16k DPS on flamethrower duty while the other did 12k.

Nope. Strategy worked great, thanks. We gave the flamethrowers to our lowest DPS, everyone else focused on the boss & adds and we got a nice, solid kill.

Can we just agree there might be more than one viable strategy for flamethrower assignments depending on your raid make-up and capabilities? Not every question has a single correct answer.
    Don't think it was ever said that the strategy wouldn't work. Its just not optimal. Telling people who are struggling to just straight up write off an entire two DPS is not the way to go about giving advice. The best strategy is to give the flamethrower to DOTters or mobile ranged DPS. Warriors are some of the worst people to give it to, and if somebody's DPS is so low that youre okay with completely writing them off, you should seriously reevaluate whether they are contributing to your guild or not.

There is never ONE strat or ONE answer to a mechanic. What works for your guild is ultimately the best way to go. But you need to recognize that what works for your guild is not what works for 90% of guilds.

That's not "math" that's just pulling numbers out of your ass. No Warlock is going to pull 14k DPS with DoTs,

That's exactly the situation I just described...

Im not pulling numbers out of my ass an Aflic Lok deals around 60% DPS trough DoTs so your example lok wich has absurd high DPS (theres 1 aflic lok in the world so far that dealt that much damage acording to logs all the others are around 22k) would deal 14.4k DPS trough dots, wich would them get bufed due to the flamethrower buf. Your example warrior while burning stuf is doing 0 damage so he looses all his DPS. While theyre not burning the DPS they do doesnt matter if we consider equal uptime on the boss and adds for both the lok and the warrior (wich is a lie the lok would have better uptime cause hed not have to move much, but since that is very hard to quantify lets just say they have the same boss uptime) since that DPS is already factored in the fight and is not lost in anyway. So ye the DPS loss is bigger sending the warrior, disagree or not Math is an exact sience.

As the guy above me said, the optmal strat is to send doters or mobile ranged for the throwers, the OP asked the best way to handle it. Sending your worst DPS to do it is not optmal, unless that guy happens to be a doter.

I do agree there are multiple strats that work and different guilds adapt to different things, however the OP asked specificaly for what would be better, I never said your strat wouldnt work, and it obviously worked.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-12-04 at 08:35 PM.