HELP all servers are red and INCOMPATIBLE

anyone else getting this error?

I got it, but I just clicked my server and it let me right in.

This happened to me. I just restarted the battle.net application, it went through an update proccess and downloaded something that was 180 megabytes. Working now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halgrind View Post
    This happened to me. I just restarted the battle.net application, it went through an update proccess and downloaded something that was 180 megabytes. Working now.
    Do this. Your copy of WoW isn't updated yet but the servers are.

Deleted
    "Waiting on another installation or update" is the error message I'm getting even though no update is running. So do it on your own risk.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vossten View Post
    "Waiting on another installation or update" is the error message I'm getting even though no update is running. So do it on your own risk.
    I got that message as well but it was because Starcraft was updating. Paused the SC update and wow started updating.

Deleted
    Tried it all. Even uninstalled EVERY Blizzard game except WoW. Still saying that it's waiting for an update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vossten View Post
    Tried it all. Even uninstalled EVERY Blizzard game except WoW. Still saying that it's waiting for an update.
    The Bnet app itself will be updating - look in the top left corner under the logo

Deleted
    Yup, there's nothing. It's simply doing NOTHING. Nothing's being downloaded when I monitor my connection.

This happened to me on patch day a while back. Took a long time to fix, because sometimes simply restarting the B.Net launcher doesn't do anything.

Same problem. I was logged into the game earlier this morning. If I proceed to log into the server I can't open the garrison mission table, it gives a UI error saying corrupt. Completely exited launcher and re-opened, no update. Logged out and back in, no update. No other blizzard games are updating. Opened directly from both executables, same error.
    One Sweet Dream

run a file verify? Disable add ons?

have you rebooted? (Honest question, you'd be surprised how many people don't)

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive rebooted, updated to the patch that they say should have fixed it and still nothing.

Frostmourne Oceanic GG.

Here is how I resolved this. Probably a bug in the desktop app since so many people have it, though I'm not certain on the reports of people saying they rebooted, a reboot should be fixing the issue.

1) Completely exit battle.net app. Check the system tray to make sure it's not just minimized.

2) Open task manager, go to the processes tab. Kill the lingering "Battle.net update agent" process.

3) re-open the battle.net desktop app. A WoW update will start.

4) Launch and play WoW.

Don't try to play with the incompatible error, things won't work right, such as the garrison mission table. Hope this helps.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Here is how I resolved this. Probably a bug in the desktop app since so many people have it, though I'm not certain on the reports of people saying they rebooted, a reboot should be fixing the issue.

1) Completely exit battle.net app. Check the system tray to make sure it's not just minimized.

2) Open task manager, go to the processes tab. Kill the lingering "Battle.net update agent" process.

3) re-open the battle.net desktop app. A WoW update will start.

4) Launch and play WoW.

Don't try to play with the incompatible error, things won't work right, such as the garrison mission table. Hope this helps.

^This completly close the bnet app, just because you closed wow, doesn't mean the app is closed, and the app is what downloads the updates and it needs to reboot, worked for me back when I got that error in MoP.

A reboot supposedly would be stupid-proofing the first two steps, but a bunch of people on the official forums reported that a reboot did nothing. Not entirely inclined to believe them, but oh well. Some people are savvy enough to know how to kill processes and this will save them the hassle of rebooting.
    One Sweet Dream

A good amount of people have made shortcuts directly to their WoW.exe, bypassing the Battle.net App.

You must log in through the battle.net application for it to determine if you need an update.

My kid had this problem on her computer, you need to TEMPORARILY shut off you internet security then start bnet. Basically things Like Norton are touchy and if there is no positive reviews for a new update norton considers the update to be intrusive and won't let you update battlenet. Once you update turn your security back on.

Hi all, earlier in the day we pushed a minor update - although fixes of this nature shouldn't disrupt gameplay we do sometimes see that players are knocked back to the realm selection screen. When logging back in if the realms displayed are red or "incompatible", that means you have not yet picked up the update.

As was previously stated, a general fix is to completely restart the Battle.net Desktop App as this will help make sure that the game client has picked up the most recent update.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15522832147