Deleted

Looking for GPU ~300€

I'm looking for a new GPU since I've been having some serious problems with my HD 6850 and wanted to replace it soon anyways.

There are a few things I don't know about so I can't pick a GPU myself.

First of all I am not too sure how much power the card itself need, I have a Corsair CX500 V2 power supply, with an Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 motherboard plus an i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5 Ghz and 8 Gigs of RAM, additionally an 128GB SSD and a 1TB HDD.
    Case is a Cooler Master Elite 370 which to my knowledge has 12.4" space for the GPU.

Price range would be ~300€

Games I play are mostly WoW and other Blizzard games, but also some Borderlands PreSequel, Planetside 2, etc.

Looking forward to your educated suggestions.

You can pick up any of the GTX 970 variants for that price bracket. Your PSU should be able to handle it, although it is right on the edge of the recommendation.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Yep 970 imo

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the 970 is slightly over your budget (looking at some websites and it seems like its a bit more than 300), 280X or GTX 760 would be your next step down depending on whether your preference lies with AMD or NVIDIA. The 970 is definitely worth the money if you can afford it though.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

970 for sure.

But you're well within budget, unless the European market really sells graphics cards like the 970 at 1.5 what we pay for them here in the states.

nvm, either the USD is gaining or the Euro is taking a shit.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thandrend View Post
    970 for sure.

But you're well within budget, unless the European market really sells graphics cards like the 970 at 1.5 what we pay for them here in the states.

nvm, either the USD is gaining or the Euro is taking a shit.
    It's about the same price in euros for some countries, but by that I mean ~350 euros vs ~350 dollars even though euros is worth more than the dollar.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    970s go for around 350 euro, which would be the best card. Next best thing would be a 290, which goes for around 275. Next step down would be 280(x), a 760 is not worth it money wise. A 280(x) costs the same and has better performance.

I dont really like your PSU, the corsair CX line is not the best out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    It's about the same price in euros for some countries, but by that I mean ~350 euros vs ~350 dollars even though euros is worth more than the dollar.
    Dont forget taxes