Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Removing reforging was a mistake

Reforging has been gone since 6.0, and I've sorely missed it so far.

Since secondary stats far outvalue primary stats, having no way to modify the stats on gear you get is really annoying.
    I've had loads of items from the CM daily which rolled haste / X, and haste is REALLY shit for my main spec. Having to disenchant a warforged item just because it rolls the wrong stats is not fun for anybody. If Blizzard's goal is to make looting items fun again, there needs to be a way to change the secondary stats on gear.

Currently this is only possible with the crafted gear (BS/LW/Tailoring/JC). I'd suggest expanding this system to allow players to reroll their secondary stats on gear using the profession crafted reroll items like Truesteel Reshaper for plate items, etc.

Not only would this give you some control back over the gear you get, it would also provide a boost to professions that currently feel pretty lackluster to me.

I'd like your input on this.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

"Primary Stats far outweigh Secondary Stats"

There fixed it for you...... /thread

edit: I would like to add that Ilvl is also more important than secondary stats

What secondary stats do you have that are outweighing your primary stats? What class do you play? Even then, this is the first tier - even w/ reforging last xpac it didn't make a huge difference for me (Mained an Ele Shaman in the US 1st 10M Heroic Sha of Fear). Other than casters randomly getting spirit gear (which can't be intended?) I don't think there is a massive problem with the way it is now. It's great to be able to just equip upgrades in raid and keep on moving. Reforging was nice, but I wouldn't go back at this point

I think as long as it required the profession to craft it i think thats actually a good idea.....but the point of blizz doing d3 style loot is to keep you coming back for more abuse instead of just getting bis and out, which in really the crafting stuff cost enough i think it would be fair to both parties

Deleted
    It wouldn't hurt to have those reforge NPCs there for those who want to use them. Why remove them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    not fun for anybody
    I disagree.

I love that I don't have to reforge something after I get it. Min/Maxxers will care about the stats and will likely spend the extra time getting the piece that will, in the long run be better. Id rather have 100 Multi-Strike and wait to get the right piece than 50 versatility and 50 multistrike after reforge on a piece that isn't going to be the best in the long run.

Edit: clarified a bit more

Reforging should be back, but instead of letting you reforge the stats at will in order to avoid min/maxing, it should re-sort randomly, and you may get what you want or you may not. Every time you reforge the item, it gets more and more expensive ooor, you have a max number or reforges.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepwatukill View Post
    "Primary Stats far outweigh Secondary Stats"

There fixed it for you...... /thread

edit: I would like to add that Ilvl is also more important than secondary stats
    LOLOL.

Please don't go to any proper raids, you're too stupid to be allowed in.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-12-03 at 10:20 PM.

I wished they changed too having a priority order such as reforge lite had included. That way you could say I want mastery, haste, crit, and whatever then it would reforge to try and make that order.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogarr View Post
    What secondary stats do you have that are outweighing your primary stats? What class do you play? Even then, this is the first tier - even w/ reforging last xpac it didn't make a huge difference for me (Mained an Ele Shaman in the US 1st 10M Heroic Sha of Fear). Other than casters randomly getting spirit gear (which can't be intended?) I don't think there is a massive problem with the way it is now. It's great to be able to just equip upgrades in raid and keep on moving. Reforging was nice, but I wouldn't go back at this point
    Protection Warrior is my main spec. At the moment my statweights are Mastery=~Crit>Versatility>>Multistrike>>>Haste. Haste for me is really almost useless compared to the other stats. I'm still wearing 630 gloves with Crit/mastery, and I just looted 650 gloves from the world boss with Versatility and Multistrike. Back when reforging was a thing, I'd just roll a part of the multistrike to Crit or Mastery, and I'd be happy. Now I have to sim my character every time I replace an item just to make sure it's actually an upgrade.

I get why they thought removing reforging was a good idea, but in reality it isn't working out for me personally. I'd rather run to a NPC or buy/craft a few stat rerolls than simming every single time I get an upgrade.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

The removing of reforging was just another way to simplify the game. Not just for casuals either, but hardcore players were even getting confused.

I don't miss reforging, but they should remove the RNG stats on crafted gear and sodomize whichever fuck thought Versatility was a good stat. I can handle not every stat being optimal, but when one stat is almost universally terrible and so common it really gets under your skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is, it removes chosing stats. Sure there's gear for that but you are dependant on RNG completely and if you get the wrong type of stats on gear. You are SOL.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gee, No Shit It was bad to remove.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConsciousness View Post
    The removing of reforging was just another way to simplify the game. Not just for casuals either, but hardcore players were even getting confused.
    Good thing I now have to sim my character every time I get an item, that sure is easier ¯\(o_0)/¯
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Good thing I now have to sim my character every time I get an item, that sure is easier ¯\(o_0)/¯
    The majority don't sim and wouldn't even know how to do it though. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the change it made some use for professions that rarely got used ie crafting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    The majority don't sim and wouldn't even know how to do it though. lol
    I agree, and this implies that "the majority" will fall into the trap of just going by pure ilvl and actually lose dps by "upgrading" their items. It's just a giant clusterfuck atm.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

10+ Year Old Account
    I do miss reforging. The lack of it just makes gearing far more complicated, not less like they wanted. Reforging made all gear at least semi useful. If it was 15 item levels higher, 95% of the time you knew it was better.

they removed hit expertise, re-did the stats system, so yea reforge HAD to go
    Be feared, or be fuel