Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ...
    The "well dressed" people weren't part of the protest...

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The "well dressed" people weren't part of the protest...
    Not really sure what the problem is here. There's nothing to suggest the people who were caught up in the tear gas were rich white people. I assumed he was referring to the student protesters because nothing else makes sense.

I'm sure a Paul Dresher Ensemble concert in San Francisco is brimming with multi-culturalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

I'm mystified as to why the race of the protesters is relevant, let alone that of the concert goers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure its been shared, but police used tear gas on protesters in San Francisco.

They managed to get some random people leaving concerts with the gas as well.
    The (admittedly lefty) Huffington Post had a slightly different spin to put it: "Berkeley Witnesses a Police Riot".

Or as Matt Taibbi writes, (now that he's back at Rolling Stone and actually publishing again): "The Police in America Are Becoming Illegitimate".

There were more cops surrounding Eric Garner on a Staten Island street this past July 17th then there were surrounding all of AIG during the period when the company was making the toxic bets that nearly destroyed the world economy years ago. Back then AIG's regulator, the OTS, had just one insurance expert on staff, policing a company with over 180,000 employees.

This is the crooked math that's going to crash American law enforcement if policies aren't changed. We flood poor minority neighborhoods with police and tell unwitting officers to aggressively pursue an interventionist strategy that sounds like good solid policing in a vacuum.

But the policy looks worse when a white yuppie like me can live in the same city as Garner for 15 years and never even be asked the time by someone in uniform. And at the very highest levels of society, where corruption has demonstrably been soaring in recent years, the police have almost been legislated out of existence.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I'm sure a Paul Dresher Ensemble concert in San Francisco is brimming with multi-culturalism.
    The article clearly said several concerts had ended. I'm assuming this is somehow more evidence for "rich white people" and a lack of "multiculturalism" though.

Garner said he couldn't breathe 8+ times.
    It doesn't matter. He was resisting arrest, so they were right to ignore his acting up, the bullshit he was throwing at them, until he was laying facedown in handcuffs. That clown should have known better that the police is not going to go away if he would say "Bad mr. Cop, please go away, I ain't done nuthin'".

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It doesn't matter. He was resisting arrest, so they were right to ignore his acting up, the bullshit he was throwing at them, until he was laying facedown in handcuffs.
    At which point they continued to ignore his "bullshit" while he died.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You know the protester's income level? Is there a reason it matters?
    white privilege - i just assumed all of you were rich. it doesn't work like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It doesn't matter. He was resisting arrest, so they were right to ignore his acting up, the bullshit he was throwing at them, until he was laying facedown in handcuffs. That clown should have known better that the police is not going to go away if he would say "Bad mr. Cop, please go away, I ain't done nuthin'".
    you can't really argue with Wells. he thinks the police are suppose to let a suspect go cause the suspect says he cant breath. i'll leave him this video, cause i know it will bother him that the police are allowed to use force on a nonviolent suspect.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=45f_1418081333

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post

you can't really argue with Wells. he thinks the police are suppose to let a suspect go cause the suspect says he cant breath. i'll leave him this video, cause i know it will bother him that the police are allowed to use force on a nonviolent suspect.
    Jesus you could at least get a part of my position correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Two witnesses talk about the behavior and attitude of the Grand Jury

“When I went to the grand jury to speak on my behalf, nobody in the grand jury was even paying attention to what I had to say,” Orta said. “People were on their phones, people were talking. I feel like they didn’t give (Garner) a fair grand jury.

“People was on their phones, people were having side conversations, like it was just a regular day to them,” he said of the jurors.

Deleted
    So a guy disobeys the police and it gets violent? Should have obeyed them instead of stirring up trouble. The only thing that's wrong here is that he didn't obey the police.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorched Earth View Post
    The only thing that's wrong here is that he didn't obey the police.
    http://www.pbs.org/pov/everymotherss...nypd_force.php
    EXCESSIVE FORCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
    Members of the New York City Police Department will NOT use chokeholds. A chokehold shall include, but is not limited to, any pressure to the throat or windpipe, which may prevent or hinder breathing or reduce intake of air.
    -----
    Whenever possible, members should make every effort to avoid tactics, such as sitting or standing on a subject's chest
    After an individual has been controlled and placed under custodial restraint using handcuffs and other authorized methods, the person should be positioned so as to promote free breathing.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-12-10 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    How is this link relevant to what I said?

Deleted
    How is this link relevant to what I said?
    They did all those things quoted wrong and a man died because of it.

It was execessive force by their own definition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    They did all those things quoted wrong and a man died because of it.

It was execessive force by their own definition.
    That does not mean I find it wrong.

Deleted
    That does not mean I find it wrong.
    I never said you had a decent moral system just that you are objectively wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I never said you had a decent moral system just that you are objectively wrong.
    I ca'nt be wrong in my opinion.