Highmaul - 2 resto druids OK?

My guild has run into the situation where it is looking like we will have 2 resto druids healing our raid group, w a shaman (who has never healed before) as a far behind backup. Anyone know if that will work, or if one of us should switch to an alt?
    Group is: warrior tank, dk tank, dk dps, ele sham, enh sham (and yes, I know sham are doing quite poorly but we are letting people play what they want to play), mm hunter, mage, windwalker, 2 resto druids (of which I am one). I was going to dps but am happy to heal and have experience w it, just concerned if 2 druid healers is viable. I was going to "tank heal" spec, and other healer was going to stay incarnation + germ.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be quite fair, I wouldn't recommend it. While Resto Druids are quite strong at the moment, they're not the best at getting people back up quickly without getting mana issues. It might work, though - as long as they don't waste mana on unnecessary rejuvs and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disclaimer: I am a Guardian Druid with limited healing experience and only offering an outside perspective on your situation

Running Highmaul yesterday with a Disc/Shaman/Resto-D comp and all I can tell you is with two 638 tanks (my Guardian and a Prot Warrior) it was rough. Then the Druid DC'd and we replaced him with a Holy Pally and killed Butch next try. I'm sure it came down to fight specifics and Holy Pallys being superior tank healers. Next fight the Pally and Disc priest struggled, completely relying on the shaman's healing tide because of raid damage. I'm sure the Druid would have knocked Brackenspore out of the park.

That said I can't imagine a scenario where I would ever intentionally take two Resto Druids outside of specific bosses. If memory serves y'all can set up to where one specs for tank heals and another for raid, so maybe then, but no it does not seem ideal based on my experience this expac. I'm shooting for Disc/Pally/Resto-D with the Disc ready to swap Holy when needed.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2014-12-04 at 12:49 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)