Massive fps drops then back to normal.

Hello everybody, I seem to be having problems with my laptop since WoD hit.

Im experiencing massive fps drops even in 2v2 arenas, where i go from 50fps to 10-20. Or even worse.

My specs are :

CPU
    Intel Core i5 3317U @ 1.70GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 0DYHVH (SOCKET 0)
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Dell)
    Storage
    465GB 0W0VXK9D (SATA)
    8GB FFS (RAID)

According to Speccy, my cpu and motherboard temps reach 90"C while playing WoW.

Reinstalling the game didint help, playing without addons neither. It feels like my pc is choking randomly for no reason. I'll appreciate any suggestions.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    lower texture resolution, remove shadows/clutter and put view distance at low. Run a resource monitor for both CPU and GPU while playing a generic game sessoion to measure who's bottlenecking

According to Speccy, my cpu and motherboard temps reach 90"C while playing WoW.
    This isn't normal. You are hitting a point where your cpu will throttle down to make sure it doesn't destroy itself. This is why you are having FPS issues. Clean out your case, your cpu fan, and makes sure you have good airflow pulling in cool air into your case, and pushing hot air out.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    This isn't normal. You are hitting a point where your cpu will throttle down to make sure it doesn't destroy itself. This is why you are having FPS issues. Clean out your case, your cpu fan, and makes sure you have good airflow pulling in cool air into your case, and pushing hot air out.
    After doing what the above poster suggested which I recommend as well, go buy a laptop cooling pad. If you game on a laptop, you want to own a laptop cooling pad.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    Just to update, seems like cleaning the vent did help, wow runs much smoother now and cpu is no longer overheating

(around 60-65 C")