Thread: At what point

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Ofc you could tell the woman to please calm her kids down, However, depending on the woman, she might throw an entitlement tantrum even if you are perfectly polite.
    What would I do in such a situation? Nothing, because I don't hear anything due to my earphones. They work wonder against loud kids, guys shouting into their mobile phones in their heathen lingo and other nuisances.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    It's not difficult to reason with children - "don't drop litter, other people have to pick it up and it isn't nice" "don't stand on the seats, other people have to sit there". Difficult, I know.
    HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    reason with children
    Thank you, I needed a good laugh.

Ok so I have three kids, a 10 year old, a 7 year old, and a 2 year old. I'm not a single parent but I'm usually the only one managing them. No I wouldn't let them run around on a moving vehicle, I'd tell them to sit the fuck down and stop being idiots.
    That being said, you don't "reason" with children. Maybe some kids, in some situations might be slightly reasonable. Like in a quiet setting we could explain how our actions effect other people and why we should care. And maybe, maybe they'd remember that conversation when they encounter that situation in real life. But in my experience, you just hold on tight and make it up as you go along and hope everyone makes it through with as little injury as possible.
    But you don't know what's going on in someone else's life. Maybe she just found out her husband is fucking his secretary. Maybe her mother just got diagnosed with breast cancer. You don't know. Maybe she's got the flu and just really doesn't have the fucking energy to yet again tell her children (for the 657th time today) to stop being complete jack-asses.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    That's where were at. Zombiefying your 9 years old with video games.
    Because reading, listening to music, and talking weren't also options given?

Everything is a playground for little children.
    Which is why it's important for a parent to teach them how to make those distinctions. I'm all for weeding out the remarkably stupid through natural selection, but I don't think you need to let every child touch a hot stove or run out in traffic just to let them learn their lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, but can the child cause the entire playground to crash and kill 20 innocent people trying to get to work?

- - - Updated - - -

Says the person saying a playground is as dangerous as causing a bus to crash.
    What the fuck is that kid doing to cause the bus to crash? This board is paranoid as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maltah View Post
    Because reading, listening to music, and talking weren't also options given?
    Everyone seems to be forgetting that we are talking about 6-9 years olds here. Not 16 years old teenagers. What book are you going to let your adult 7 years old read on a bus? Maybe the Harvard business?

What the fuck is that kid doing to cause the bus to crash? This board is paranoid as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone seems to be forgetting that we are talking about 6-9 years olds here. Not 16 years old teenagers. What book are you going to let your adult 7 years old read on a bus? Maybe the Harvard business?
    Comics.

He's up and down isles, he could bump or distract the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Comics.

He's up and down isles, he could bump or distract the driver.
    Distracting the driver is something I would consider hazardous and not playing around anymore.

Also, not everyone is into comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    There is a time and a place for " kids to be kids ", public transportation is not one of those times.
    This is pretty important. Moving vehicles are moving vehicles, people can get hurt if they aren't careful. Parents who can't control their kids bother me as well. When I was little I knew very well that when something was moving I had to sit down and stay put. I could talk, I could move my arms to try and entertain myself, but I could not be loud, and I couldn't touch other people unless instructed to. This is a basic etiquette that translates well to practically every form of transportation and travel. Teaching children at a young age to adhere to it should be a parent's responsibility.
    My youngest sister is 10, whenever I have to run her around somewhere because my step mom can't be bothered, I have to tell her to sit down and put on her seat belt. Even when driving on the freeway there is a risk if I'm not watching her, that she'll jump over the seats and sometimes climb over everything and try to play with controls on the stereo or dashboard. No asking or anything, just jump. She does this because my step-mother had absolutely no interest in parenting, and she lets her run around like a monkey all day every day. My youngest sister doesn't have a mental disorder or anything, she is just unruly because she was raised in a practically rule-less environment.
    To all would be parents, or currently parents with young children. Act angry when your kids exhibit bad behavior. Make sure your children are literally terrified to make an adult angry. That will make life easier for yourself, it'll make life easier for the kids' teachers and babysitters. You aren't your child's best friend, you never will be, you are their parent.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

You can't possibly be this naive...

I was reading since the age of 4. You couldn't take me anywhere without a book in my hand. I personally think it's stupid to NOT encourage your child to read every free minute they have. The probability of a kid that loves to read is likely just as high as the probability that they don't... and I would immediately start to question the latter.

Also, not everyone is into comics.
    I know, I dislike them.