Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Kinda sucks I'll never have Blackhand's hammer

Apparently Blizzard has decided that generic, recycled weapon models are more than enough for lowly LFR trash like me. Kinda sucks. At least in SoO I had a chance to get Xal'atoh... Really hard to get motivated for LFR now when there's really no reward other than experiencing the raid and gaining some item lvls.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2014-12-04 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Apparently Blizzard has decided that generic, recycled weapon models are more than enough for lowly LFR trash like me. Kinda sucks. At least in SoO I had a chance to get Xal'atoh... Really hard to get motivated for LFR now when there's really no reward other than experiencing the raid and gaining some item lvls.
    I hear ya. If only there was a tool, kinda like LFR, that let you experience slightly harder content where you're expected to contribute a little more effort but get gear equivalent to normal/heroic.

why do you need 'motivation' to do LFR? Blizzard is only doing to LFR what they originally wanted it to be, a place for you to experience the raid without having to join an actual raid group, I see no problems here

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    why do you need 'motivation' to do LFR? Blizzard is only doing to LFR what they originally wanted it to be, a place for you to experience the raid without having to join an actual raid group, I see no problems here
    Cuz for me, aside from LFR there is no endgame. I have no desire to join a raiding guild and keep myself to strict raiding schedules and all the shit that comes with it. I just wanna queue up, do a raid with people I don't have to socialize with much, collect my loot and leave. But now there's little reason to do it more than two or three times, since all the cool weapons are inaccessible.

Sorry, you might actually have to try to get cool items. I know, it's strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is a place for people that are either not good enough to do real raids, or dont have time. if you really want the hammer, im sure you could pay a guild for a carry later in the expansion... so in theory you'll just get it later.

also, being someone who raids at all difficulties, i'm kind of happy that there's going to be a distinguishable downside to not keeping up to date on raids, but if all you can do is LFR, then it's whatever

i think iconic weapons/tier sets should be reserved for higher difficulties, and i like how they're going about it
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

15+ Year Old Account
    Want cool shit?
    Well, put in time and effort then, dont got both or either? Well, no cool shit for u then sorry
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    I have no desire to join a raiding guild and keep myself to strict raiding schedules and all the shit that comes with it. I just wanna queue up, do a raid with people I don't have to socialize with much, collect my loot and leave.
    So, you don't want to try. That's cool.

Effort is commeasurate with reward. No pain, no gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably wont get Guldan armor for my lock til the end of the expansion, we just get the cooler stuff later if we dont do the difficulties its on while current.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Cuz for me, aside from LFR there is no endgame. I have no desire to join a raiding guild and keep myself to strict raiding schedules and all the shit that comes with it. I just wanna queue up, do a raid with people I don't have to socialize with much, collect my loot and leave. But now there's little reason to do it more than two or three times, since all the cool weapons are inaccessible.
    So use the group finder. find a pug. get gear. learn strats. get better gear. clear instance. No schedule required. It'll take some attempts and you're probably not going to accomplish it in one try, but you can pug on your own schedule and don't have to worry about being expected to log in for raids 3 nights a week nor deal with guild drama bullshit (yay personal loot and bonus rolls.)

Lord forbid you might even have fun getting loot on the way.

LFR is a place for people that are either not good enough to do real raids, or dont have time. if you really want the hammer, im sure you could pay a guild for a carry later in the expansion... so in theory you'll just get it later.
    Also somewhat viable. There'll also be groups going back for achieves etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Blizzard has decided that generic, recycled weapon models are more than enough for lowly LFR trash like me.
    LFR is so you can experience the raid. You're fucking lucky you get any gear at all for it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    So, you don't want to try. That's cool.

Effort is commeasurate with reward. No pain, no gain.
    And the reward higher difficulty raiders got last expansion was better gear. Stats wise the LFR was in no way comparable to normal or HC, but at least we could get a lesser version of the cool looking stuff.

I don't see the need to take that away. You already get better gear than us for doing normal HC or mythic, what else do you want? Is it really so bad if we can have a crappier version of the tier set?

Just pug normal (what used to be flex). Find a decent group on the group finder once people have gotten to know the fights and are reasonably well geared, and then do it with them. Not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just PUG it dude, finding a normal (flex) group takes less time than LFR. Get over it.

This is an excuse. Yesterday, day one there were groups all over the raid finder. Day one for normals. The same will happen when brf opens. The weps are easily accesible with little time investment. The game requires little time anymore outside off the highest difficulties.

If you want to not be social in an mmo, then go ahead, but don't make excuses

It is fine to not want to bother with raiding, I haven't for 5+ years.

.....but please don't come and bitch about it.

Your 15 bucks a month buys you unlimited play time, it does not buy you free range of the loot table.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want a Ferrari but I'm only willing to pay for a Subaru.

It's not fair, Ferrari's should be made cheaper so the average joe like myself can buy them and make them not special anymore.

And the reward higher difficulty raiders got last expansion was better gear. Stats wise the LFR was in no way comparable to normal or HC, but at least we could get a lesser version of the cool looking stuff.

I don't see the need to take that away. You already get better gear than us for doing normal HC or mythic, what else do you want? Is it really so bad if we can have a crappier version of the tier set?
    The point is that you have no need for a tier-set bonus or better gear if you aren't planning to push yourself to try harder content. The only reason to get better gear is so you can try taking on harder obstacles; If all you want is to get gear so you can feel proud while doing your Garrison missions then you really have no need for anything other than questing greens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why consign yourself to LFR when you want things that come from higher difficulties? Find a group in Trade and bam, you can have one. Normal isn't that much of a difference in difficulty, unless you're one of those people in LFR that just auto-attacks.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I really want a Ferrari but I'm only willing to pay for a Subaru.

It's not fair, Ferrari's should be made cheaper so the average joe like myself can buy them and make them not special anymore.
    That comparison makes no sense. You and I pay the same amount of money for this. So what would be an accurate comparison: We both pay the same amount of money, but you get a Ferrari and I get a Subaru.