Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    ...this!

In addition, 80k burst dps on the pull and then dropping to the middle in recount feels just awkward because the sustainable dmg is so low.
    Went from being at the top in MoP and being put in the "high damage" to being in the middle of the road (if I do everything perfectly) or if I make 1 fuck up or the tank pulls away from PC...then I am at the bottom of the metersd and that is where I stay for the rest of the fight.

I'll get a super strong start...and then when the CD's are all up...its back to spamming the wetnoodle that we call frostbolt over and over while watching me just drop like a rock on the meters. Who is at the top of the meters consistantly now?
    Hunters, Warriors, and DK's. Who can you expect to see at or near the bottom? Our best spec...the frost mage. Still no fix from blizz and I dont think they intend to. Their was a whole Q@A and all they did was talk about fuckin shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    FUCK SPLITTING ICE
    Yeah, I have actually noticed it being weird at times. Could just be me not seeing it properly.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    I'm really not enjoying it at all. PC is pretty stupid, move the boss two yards and you have just wasted a 1.5min CD. It can be weird to place it perfectly on bosses like Tectus where the camera is all over the place.

I think PC would work better if it was a bit like Puppet Masters ultimate in Heroes of Newerth if anyone played it. Basically the same as prismatic crystal now, but the crystal would be chained to the target you cast it on. So it works within a certain range. Which means the boss can move around a bit without completely ruining your PC placement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I was doing alright in terms of DPS in heroic dungeons. Guess I know very little about frost as I'm riding the bottom of the meters. I've got lots of work to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested on how well we will scale, get the impression once we get like a decent chunk of Multi and a noticable amount of crit or doing will go up significantly however this is just speculation got no maths behind it too proof this.

According to my stat values (that being mastery dead last multi highest and everything else in between)

These are the highest secondary AMR ends up with in HM Mythic and The foundry Mythic gear.

37.06% (+14.91%) Multistrike
    30.05% (+9.13%) Mastery
    8.83% (+1.10%) Crit
    7.48% (+1.10%) Haste

What sadly shows this due to itemization we'll have always have High mastery due to being paired with multi.

Quote Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
    My point is exactly that - the majority of players aren't closer to the top of damage meters because they could play better, not because of balance. This goes for more or less every class and spec (except the really shit ones like fire of course), but more so for a spec as punishing as frost.
    Im not arguing that there is a high skill cap for frost and most mages could play better. My argument is that in order to compete you currently have to play almost perfect and pray that other players dont screw you over, whereas you other classes do not have to perform this level of perfection to get similar dps results. the mages doing top meter damage either have a higher item level that most, or the other dps are executing much more poorly in that raid. Im assuming scaling will fix this with gear, but trying to progress the first couple of weeks feels shitty.

I'm fine with Frost atm. I think our dps really is fine it's just about your preformance mostly but yeah obviously there are better classes than mage but we can't always be one of the strongest classes.
    Last edited by Janir; 2014-12-05 at 05:30 PM.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    I'm fine with Frost atm. I think our dps really is fine it's just about your preformance mostly but yeah obviously there are better classes than mage but we can't always be one of the strongest classes.
    Very true. Cant all be the top class, and in reality we're only 2-3k behind, which isnt awful. Personally I just want the spec to be less clunky/frustrating to play, or at least get better return for investment rather than say "i was able to keep up only bc I did everything perfectly", more forgiveness pls. Also would be nice if we had more than one fucking viable raid spec. Right now its play frost and play it perfect or get left behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanna drop by and say that if you are beating Unholy DK's, WW monks, ret paladins, Warriors or hunters, those players don't know how to play their classes.

Logs from wednesday/thursday. My guild only does one run for heroics since a few of our officers dislike alts and we only raid 11 hours a week.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gT6LV4WycKYjaz9p ( I'm a flamethrower guy on brackenspore)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m4HwWRqbPMYLgBF7

I don't want to sound elitistic but many of our dps are some of the best in the world. I could stay up there as long as the fights were relatively short, but on fights like Imperator I had no chance. It also doesn't help that I don't have Copeland's which is ridiculously strong compared to any other pre-raid trinkets and my ilvl was 644 during the first 3 heroic bosses and 648 once we reached imperator. Will be more interesting to see Foundry rankings once Scabbard(currently BiS even in full foundry mythic gear for rets at least) etc. have been nerfed and BoE items are no longer such a big factor.

Did only Kargath on HC (we were kinda decieved by blizz 'hc is tuned to hc gear' shiz so only me and few responsible dpsers in my casual guild had the 640+ and we wasted whole RT on butcher despite my objections in /o chat), 6/7 on normal (halfway through learning the phases on emperor), and i think frost is fine (20-22k dps depending on fight, 80-96% cutoff on WCL). Of course, it's kinda humiliatiing to be on par with an MM hunter who has 6 less ilvls (but he's very good player), but still the gameplay is rewarding and responsive to the decisions i make. So trolls who always said 'frost is braindead' got what they wanted, enjoy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    Just wanna drop by and say that if you are beating Unholy DK's, WW monks, ret paladins, Warriors or hunters, those players don't know how to play their classes.

Logs from wednesday/thursday. My guild only does one run for heroics since a few of our officers dislike alts and we only raid 11 hours a week.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gT6LV4WycKYjaz9p ( I'm a flamethrower guy on brackenspore)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m4HwWRqbPMYLgBF7

Thanks for posting Carwey. I've looked through many of your logs, and it's been helpful. I was very distraught after last night, our guild downed normal Imperator, and I came in at 19k dps, which is ~400 ranked for that fight, so it looks terrible. However, the guild's positioning and strat was not very friendly to my dps, as I never touched the remnants, and also was dealing with the boss being pulled halfway across the room on the pull, and also being the soak person for wrath. Helps to at least see that you are having similar issues, and it's not just me being a bad player. My active % is actually the same as yours during the fight, and we had to lust to burn down the reaver before the warmages coming into the last phase, at which time the tank pulled the reaver off my crystal because he didn't realize what it was.

PC -Yeah PC "gameplay" or whatever you'd call explaining to your tanks that they cannot move during your burst unless it'll wipe the raid isn't exactly fun however you want to swing that. Specifically the fact that another human can totally ruin your damage with a slight strafe is the part that isn't fun along with the tank not being able to freely move due to their guild's mages. This is going to cause frustration on both sides in a lot of guilds. Probably not in good guilds but this just seems like a trap.

Splitting Ice - What the hell this is another thing we need to complain to tanks about because if their model isn't inside of whatever you're trying to cleave then there seems to be a large chance you aren't cleaving anything. Hunters seem to be making the same complaint. I just can't see any reason for this to be so frustrating its like a cleave that they don't actually want to cleave or something.

Burst - It's cool and all but I feel like we revolve around a burst window where we stack everything we can possibly get our hands on inside of a very small window for a gigantic burst and then we fall like a rock until next time. Makes everything in between bursts underwhelming and boring. 0 to 100 to 10. When combined with PC this seems to suffer from exactly the same issues that Blizzard had with Alter Time.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-12-06 at 04:45 PM.

Personally I think forcing mages to rely on burst with their talents is incredibly stupid, so much as to even make it into our tier pieces. Not to mention the terrible sustained and heavy reliance on RNG procs during downtime from your burst. That's a lot of setup and a lot of CDs to use to do "well" while other classes can push a couple buttons. I'm FINE with that if it wasn't so punishable, but sometimes shit just doesn't go your way.

I'm not fine with arcane, and I am far from okay with fire. Hell, even when fire is viable I'm not okay with how shitty the spec is without a ton of crit and gear. T