Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So, I experienced the same issues as others here. I was tanking with a Prot Pally. He definitely would pull threat off me with CD's rolling, his dmg was ridiculous. There was no competition on AoE threat.

I think it's a combination of Prot Pallies being a bit overtuned and Prot Warriors being a bit undertuned.

The Glad nerfs seemed to really hurt our DPS. Here's some data to back up my experience. We are 6/7H, 7/7N, will be doing H Imp tonight.

He was #2 DPS (almost #1) on Normal Imp: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Git/advanced

Prot Pally: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gramz/advanced

Personally I didnt experience any threat issues last night. Was tanking with a DK as the OT.

AoE threat was the only thing that was a bit crappy, but I just assumed that it was just a dk being dk.

More then anything, I believe he was the one having issues with threat being unable to hold threat off of me

Our threat got hit by the nerfs for sure. It would be fine if other tanking classes would be on par with this, but I'm really having to work hard to keep up with our prot pala, in terms of threat. Damage I don't even try anymore.

Pretty unsatisfied atm with how prot warrior is turning out, will have to see how it goes later on I guess

It seems like Prot. Pally's are the worst from what people have said on this post . Hopefully things will change or blizzard will change back the cuts they did to SS and Rev. and somehow keep Glad. Stance Balanced at the same time .

Prot pallys threat generation is very very good.

I lose out to our bear tank on aoe pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, is your co-tank using Seraphim? Cause that would explain the threat issues due to the burst Seraphim provides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Man was the pala threat noticeable on Ko'ragh, I would start with pull + MD's and even though I did another taunt after the first he would still fly straight by me on threat, the Serephim + other cooldowns combo is just insanely strong atm where we only really have bloodbath, which is quite lackluster in comparison.

This is a thing again? Meh, no biggie.

Your co-tank just needs to cool his/her jets a bit and manage their threat properly. Is it the "mostest funnest" gameplay? No, but if it's necessary, then so be it. Losing threat to another tank is one thing. A slight change can fix that. It's when we start losing threat to DPS again that it becomes a more serious issue.

Talk with your co-tank. Ask them to cool it for a few on swaps. May not be the mostest funnest, but they might not mind it so much when some phat lewtz drop.
    Last edited by Ygdvar; 2014-12-05 at 03:15 PM.

Git, taking a look at your logs:

I'm going to specifically look at your damage to the boss himself instead of the adds. I don't see as many uses of Dragon Roar as you could have gotten in. Additionally, it looks as though you're using Unyielding Strikes. While the damage from that can be very good, Sudden Death's procced Executes provide some very nice burst threat. Yes, it comes at the cost of a GCD, but US comes at the cost of rage (if used at <6 stacks) or the cost of damage (if used at higher stacks). The combination of burst threat from Dragon Roar and Execute can have a massive effect on your threat output.

Looking at your rage usage, I see that you generated a total of 3715 and wasted a total of 352, or about 9.5% of your total rage generated was lost to waste. Improving your rage use would also provide better threat generation for you.

As far as buffs go, your Bloodbath usage could be a bit better and you're using Strength potions. I would recommend armor potions, since BA gives 1:1 AP just like strength, but it also gives you more defensive capability and the armor potion gives you 1500 BA versus the 1000 Str from the strength potion.

I've posted this in another thread, but I can definitely say I've noticed a difference in threat generation so far. My off tank is a prot paladin as well and on some fights he is easily pulling threat or riding my ass the entire time. Don't get me wrong as long as the boss dies I'm happy, but coming from a high TPS background, its just a little unnerving to all of a sudden be struggling to build threat fast enough against another tank class since I've never had that issue in 10 years.

DPS wise I'm not too worried, would it be nice to have the SS/Rev nerf reverted, of course, but it isn't going to make or break anything as we head into mythic, its more of a quality of life and I guess you could say the threat is as well, but I'd rather see an adjustment made there than anything else. Or at least an adjustment on the prot pally side of things.
    <Uchirosan> Day 1 Prot Warrior
    Obsidium of Thrall 7/7M Highmaul 9/10M Blackrock Foundry

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rosan/advanced