Thread: Soulstone bug?

Deleted

Soulstone bug?

yesterday I was in highmaul normal mode and tried to use soulstone during combat. Somehow it already had a 5min cooldown on it without being used earlier. I was also the only one with a cr possible in the whole group. So its not being used already by someone else. After couple new boss encounters, I still had the same cooldown issue on soulstone. Then I decided to cast it on the tank before the fight started to just not waste the soulstone, but when he tried to use it during the fight he got a message that someone in his party is still in combat...anyone had encountered the same problem with soulstone? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by mmoc08bc3d76d9; 2014-12-04 at 12:03 PM. Reason: font change

Deleted
    That's the new CR system. In boss combat, your soulstone/all other CRs in the group have charges. Starts with one and another charge comes off cooldown every (90/raidsize) minutes. The charges are shared, so if you're at one charge and CR someone, no one else can CR until a charge has restored. That's also why it showed a cooldown, the time until the next charge is available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagar View Post
    That's the new CR system. In boss combat, your soulstone/all other CRs in the group have charges. Starts with one and another charge comes off cooldown every (90/raidsize) minutes. The charges are shared, so if you're at one charge and CR someone, no one else can CR until a charge has restored. That's also why it showed a cooldown, the time until the next charge is available.
    like I said. I was the only one in the whole raid who could use combat ress and I haven't used it but already had a cooldown. Even casting on tank before the fight started didn't work, cause he couldn't use it during the fight, showing message that someone in the party is still in combat.

Deleted
    I've noticed that as well. Several times yesterday, my Soulstone showed a CD while other people managed to CR nonetheless. I didn't ask specifically but I assume theirs showed no CD since they used it.

Deleted
    Did you actually try to use it? The cd is only showing the next charge and should not prevent you from using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagar View Post
    Did you actually try to use it? The cd is only showing the next charge and should not prevent you from using it.
    Yes I tried to use it and nothing happened (cuz it was on cd). To my knowledge you only see the cd after you (or someone else) have used it, otherwise you won't see the cd timer...
    Guess it's bugged.
    Last edited by mmoc08bc3d76d9; 2014-12-04 at 03:40 PM. Reason: a

10+ Year Old Account
    Find it difficult to believe there was no one else who had a combat ress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    Find it difficult to believe there was no one else who had a combat ress.
    Well if you try to imagine that I was in a 12 man raid with all classes except druid and DK, then you may find it less difficult to believe...

Did a Shaman Ank? I belive for the CR system. that counts.

It's exactly like Vagar described. You will see 2 things on you SS button now. First you will see a stack count in the lower right corner. This is the number of battle resses available. This is used up by any BR from anyone in the raid. Secondly you will see a cooldown amount if you have cooldown text enabled or an addon that does the same thing. This CD text is how long until another BR becomes available. If you are at the start of a fight then you will have 1 BR available and you will see CD text until a second. The time between BR stacks is determined by the amount of players in the raid. The exact formula is 90minutes/#players. So for example a 20man raid will start with 1BR and gain a BR every 4.5 minutes. A 30man raid will also start with 1BR but gain a BR every 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Yes I tried to use it and nothing happened (cuz it was on cd). To my knowledge you only see the cd after you (or someone else) have used it, otherwise you won't see the cd timer...
    Guess it's bugged.
    Could it be that the CD still had to charge up? I believe you don't actually have 1 charge of CR when you pull a boss - instead it starts to charge up when you pull.

Or maybe you have your soulstone in a macro? Some stuff is just not working right in macros right now, I have just regular soulstone on my bars and I rezzed three people in a row on one fight last night. I can confirm that it shows the charges left in the lower corner and the countdown on it is the recharge.

Also, yes shaman ank counts as a battle rezz.

That makes me think though, are you the only warlock? If you put three soulstones on people pre pull, you will never have any charges because they are already "used". Or maybe you were in a raid with standby people out in the world and they had soulstone on themselves? That was something blizzard fixed a while back to prevent an exploit some guilds were using to get basically free battle rezzes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted I haven't raided yet in WoD but I've yet to have an issue with my SS and haven't since they implemented the new CR system.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]