What's the absolute quickest way to increase ilv?

I've been slacking on my garrison, and noticed that the trinket from having 3 630 ilv 100's is pretty good for a Glad warrior.

What's the absolute quickest way to get items to increase their ilv? Just salvage yard and items from missions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Salvage yard seems to be the best way, and its just rng basically. The missions give some, but its not as fast for me as just spamming short missions basically.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    If you really want to get gear asap, you need a Salvage Yard + Barracks for 23 level 100 followers, 1 level 90-94 and 1 95-99 + War mill combo and at least one Lumber Mill to feed the War Mill.
    Basically spam work orders with the WarMill and spam every missions to get crates for the Salvage Yard. Then pray your RNG's Gods.

Spam every mission, doesn't matter if it's 90 or 100, or if you win the mission or lose. Just do it for the chance to get salvage boxes. Also be smart with how you use the 2 different types of ilevel boosting gear.

get salv yard to 3 and inn to atleast 2.
    if u want u could recruit a follower with bonus exp as a trait, but i always go for scavenger cause i never seem to have enough.
    spam missions, try for experience bonus ones every time. always try to match counters. i never do long missions (4 hour ones+) while lvling cause most of them are a waste and take up 2-3 followers at a time.
    look for fast missions like 30 min-1 hour ones. be there to collect your reward asap. and then send them out again

also get the war mill/dwarven bunker to 2 and spam work orders.

most of your crates will be garbage but occasionally u can get blue or epic follower upgrades. i always save lvl 615/630/645 wep/armor upgrades for followers that are already epic/rare and if they are viable use them. dont use green armor/wep tokens at 600 u need to get the 615 or better piece first. makes it easier.

Yeah, just spamming missions with a salvage yard seems to be the best way. Whichever way you do, it's going to be slow, though. Don't expect to have a full team decked out in 630 gear in an afternoon.

Burn to level 100 and farm honor for honor gear. It'll be 620 in a PVE situation, but it will get you into MC. You can gear up in a full weekend, if you really push it.

Or are you talking about your followers? I can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMethod View Post
    Burn to level 100 and farm honor for honor gear. It'll be 620 in a PVE situation, but it will get you into MC. You can gear up in a full weekend, if you really push it.

Or are you talking about your followers? I can't tell.
    Followers. He's saying the trinket you can get from the mission with 3x ilvl 630 followers is good for him.

I imagine salvage yard + warmill are most impactful, but I have yet to build a war mill so I don't know how much those work orders contribute. Lv3 barracks would help indirectly by giving you more followers to do more missions to get more salvage. Inn helps indirectly too I guess by allowing you to use the Headhunter to get followers with abilities and traits you are lacking, but they do unfortunately start at 90.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Followers. He's saying the trinket you can get from the mission with 3x ilvl 630 followers is good for him.

I imagine salvage yard + warmill are most impactful, but I have yet to build a war mill so I don't know how much those work orders contribute. Lv3 barracks would help indirectly by giving you more followers to do more missions to get more salvage. Inn helps indirectly too I guess by allowing you to use the Headhunter to get followers with abilities and traits you are lacking, but they do unfortunately start at 90.
    Okay.

You need gear for followers, so get that salvage yard going. Bunker too, if you have spare resources. But definitely salvage.

Then make sure you are pairing up followers to missions smartly. Drag followers in and out of missions to see percentage before committing. Check out all the available missions first before launching any, so that you know the smartest combination of follower and missions pairing. I manage to get almost all my missions above 85%, most 100%, because I take the time to look at all the missions and all my followers abilities before committing anything.

Keep an eye on traits like the experience boost, epic mount, etc. Use those in missions with 2-3 followers.

Don't sit on armor and weapon upgrades. Get them onto your followers asap.

Hold onto a mission for a short time, if you have a great follower for it that is still doing a mission. Don't take 60% success just because you don't have anyone else to go on it, not without checking your times first.

Get bunker to lvl 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Spam every mission, doesn't matter if it's 90 or 100, or if you win the mission or lose. Just do it for the chance to get salvage boxes. Also be smart with how you use the 2 different types of ilevel boosting gear.
    It does matter if you win or lose in the long run, if you are concerned about resources and time spent for amount of XP and loot gained. The more success you have, the better your followers level and the more prizes you get.

Yes, you get XP even if you lose. But you need to try and mitigate the losses as much as humanly possible. Don't just throw followers into missions because it's "good enough for now". Check followers and missions out first, before committing.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>
    Master Plan and Garrison Mission Manager are two addons that I would highly recommend as well. The former improves the interface of the garrison/follower screen by quite a bit and the second one will compute out the highest % chance of success for you.

Both are also updated fairly regularly so make you grab the most recent versions.
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2014-12-04 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Provided Links
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

It does matter if you win or lose in the long run, if you are concerned about resources and time spent for amount of XP and loot gained. The more success you have, the better your followers level and the more prizes you get.

Yes, you get XP even if you lose. But you need to try and mitigate the losses as much as humanly possible. Don't just throw followers into missions because it's "good enough for now". Check followers and missions out first, before committing.
    If your only concern is getting follower gear, then spamming missions for salvage without caring if you succeed or not is the best way (obviously you try to 100% those missions that do award follower gear)
    What I do is assign followers to missions I know I can get, then randomly assign them to remaining low-level missions when I go to bed. When I log on the next day I have about fifteen completed missions which get me about 4 crates of Salvage (lvl 2 Salvage Yard), which most often get me a piece of follower gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Nvm, missed what you were actually asking.

Auction house and BMAH are the two correct answers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    Auction house and BMAH are the two correct answers here.
    Nope, already established he's not talking about his characters gear, but rather his garrison followers.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Also, its worth noting that you don't have to actually succeed at a mission to get a crate. So if you don't care about the rewards (like the gold missions, lol) just throw someone in there for a chance at the crate.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Master Plan and Garrison Mission Manager are two addons that I would highly recommend as well. The former improves the interface of the garrison/follower screen by quite a bit and the second one will compute out the highest % chance of success for you.

Both are also updated fairly regularly so make you grab the most recent versions.
    That garrison mission manager looks awesome, basically what I was doing manually myself. I will have to try it out.

Deleted
    I personally never use the +3/6/9 items on a follower anymore unless i have a 630 or 645 item to use first.