Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    You can't be something inherently if that something has no constant value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Well, humans are arrogant, believe in something so evil as Religion, destroy animal hibitats to claim the area for ourselves because we are too many, we kill off creatures just because they fight back, and refuse to kill our own instead of animals to regulate the population.

I'd say the answer is simple!
    YES THEY ARE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what do you think? do you believe humanity is inherently evil?
    No, of course not. Most people are inherently good-natured.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

OP should try saying that to doctors without borders, or firefighters who lose their life during duty.

there are plenty of people who do sacrifice a lot. however, you rarely hear about them. it's the notorious egoists who end up being talked about, because they press themselves into the broad light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Good and Evil do not exist.
    "There is no good. No evil. No light. There is only POWAH!!!" -Archbishop Benedictus

Inherently evil?

No.

Corruptible and greedy? Yes.

If you don't become corrupted, then you should be fine.

Deleted
    Humanity is not inherently evil. It's just so much easier to do the wrong choices and be selfish in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    "There is no good. No evil. No light. There is only POWAH!!!" -Archbishop Benedictus
    Nihilists on the internet! Shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Evil is just a construct of human understanding and perspective, we're all animals end of the day, evolved from primates.
    same, evil is a human construct.
    would you call rats that eat their young when they smell a genetic disability in them(or any disease really)
    would you call humans evil for not doing that?
    how about a great cat cub, that's playing with its food for hours because it doesn't know how to bite it on the neck, is that evil?
    what about humans who kill their food within seconds, as humanely as possible to prevent suffering?

nothing is evil, good or bad sure, but evil is a construct that stemmed from religion, so i guess if you are religious you can believe in evil, everyone is entitled to their opinions after all.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it seems so.
    i have yet to meet a single person who would sacrifice or lower their quality of life to help another.
    that includes family.
    i don't see this kindness so many people seem to see in others. i see it more as a subconscious hope that one's good deed will eventually be rewarded.
    even more so i see cruelty,selfishness,greed,self-serving people who would rather exclude than include, would rather go for the short term gain than the long term reward even at the cost of something important in the long run. and in some cases will even go out of ones way to cause misery or inflict harm on another to serve their own twisted desires. does humanity have any redeemable qualities whatsoever? i don't think it does. what do you think? do you believe humanity is inherently evil?

There are 3 groups, all whom are addicted to the natural drug called euphoria. Human beings will do anything to get this 'high'feeling. Human beings are psychopaths by nature because euphoria is the most important thing in their lives

90% of the population - Greedy, selfish bastards. Will do anything to get their personal 'high'.
    Financial crisis in your relationship? Better fill in a divorce
    Sex becoming boring? Better start an affair
    Wife filled with cancer but still want to have sex? force her (yes, its true!)
    Dog no longer a puppy and prevents you and your family from going out whenever you want to? better tie it up against a tree and leave it there to die. Even when you know it is digusting
    Materialistic bastards : See a colleague buying a new car? better buy one too and surpass him

aprox 9% of the population : Positive euphoria addicts.
    Will do anything to get their personal high by doing something for others, hoping they get something in return or that they are more liked. Sometimes sex and love is their hidden objective when it comes to helping woman in financial need.

less than 1% of the population : Depressed euphoria addicts.
    Had suicide plans in the past but realised that when they go, they are only missed by their family. There is no other proof for their existence, so they do alot of good things for others not because of being liked, but because they like to know they had some positive influence in other people's life and the world.

It appears the last group is the only positive force in humanity, right?

Therefore, 99% of the population is shit. I'm glad i fall in the last group.
    Last edited by mmoc80282dfb19; 2014-12-07 at 01:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The Oxford Dictionary defines greed as an "Intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food." That behavior is not only extant in the animal kingdom, it's absence is the exception, not the rule.
    intense and selfish are the buzzwords, that´s not very common in the animal kingdom, because it´s destroying and not preserving
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are all inherently good it's just most of us have different opinions on what makes us good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koemans View Post
    snip
    putting together a bunch of numbers isn´t very convincing, it´s obvious that you want to be special, but these numbers are just far from reality

a little question though, because i´m curious, how do you know that you had a positive influence in other people´s life and the world?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koemans View Post
    There are 3 groups, all whom are addicted to the natural drug called euphoria. Human beings will do anything to get this 'high'feeling. Human beings are psychopaths by nature because euphoria is the most important thing in their lives

90% of the population - Greedy, selfish bastards. Will do anything to get their personal 'high'.
    Financial crisis in your relationship? Better fill in a divorce
    Sex becoming boring? Better start an affair
    Wife filled with cancer but still want to have sex? force her (yes, its true!)
    Dog no longer a puppy and prevents you and your family from going out whenever you want to? better tie it up against a tree and leave it there to die. Even when you know it is digusting
    Materialistic bastards : See a colleague buying a new car? better buy one too and surpass him

aprox 9% of the population : Positive euphoria addicts.
    Will do anything to get their personal high by doing something for others, hoping they get something in return or that they are more liked. Sometimes sex and love is their hidden objective when it comes to helping woman in financial need.

less than 1% of the population : Depressed euphoria addicts.
    Had suicide plans in the past but realised that when they go, they are only missed by their family. There is no other proof for their existence, so they do alot of good things for others not because of being liked, but because they like to know they had some positive influence in other people's life and the world.

It appears the last group is the only positive force in humanity, right?

Therefore, 99% of the population is shit. I'm glad i fall in the last group.
    Special snowflake much ? the level of self entitlement together with the whole euphoria BS makes you as selfish as you claim 99% of the world is.

on topic: I think good and evil are a matter of perspective and the general perspective on such matters by the people around you. The general consensus determines if something is accepted as good or evil.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

People confuse man-made ideas with nature and reality. It's like acting as if state lines are actually there marked on the land. Good and evil are just symbols for favorable, and unfavorable. They are social institutions on what we should strive for and resist essentially. So, no they aren't real, and you have to remember one cultural idea of bad is not another hence war, and how people can be manipulated to fight each other.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2014-12-08 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    "Good" and "evil" are fictional concepts that do not exist in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    intense and selfish are the buzzwords, that´s not very common in the animal kingdom, because it´s destroying and not preserving
    Animals do prevent others from getting the choicest bits of food and the nicest locations, sometimes defending their dominant positions with violence if the animal feels it necessary. So yeah, wild animals are selfish. If domesticated animals have a dearth of those traits it's because humans have both bred and taught it out of them.

Which could make for a compelling argument that humans are not innately evil, by the way.

Deleted
    Pure evil and armageddon is nearly upon us. So silver linings....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Animals do prevent others from getting the choicest bits of food and the nicest locations, sometimes defending their dominant positions with violence if the animal feels it necessary. So yeah, wild animals are selfish. If domesticated animals have a dearth of those traits it's because humans have both bred and taught it out of them.
    for selfishness there needs to be choice, instincts can hardly be called evil/selfish/bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    "Good" and "evil" are fictional concepts that do not exist in reality.
    you´re not much of a empathetic guy hu?