Deleted

Paladin or Death Knight

Hi Guys,

I have a Priest at level 100 for Healing PVE and Shadow PVP, but want to roll an alt for tanking. So i have no experience.

I was thinking between Paladin and Death Knight.
    Next to the tanking spec, i want to do some PVP.
    Mainly (R)BG’s, Ashran, duels and WPVP

Can you guys give me some pro’s and con’s and maybe some advice on what to choose?
    Wich is more suitable for my wishes and fun to play?

Thanks

Deleted
    well, if you do roll a tank, be ready to be treated like you are an asshole or retarded.

Some people dont like new tanks (for me, i dont care) so yeah, just so you know

and its up to you if you want to be a DK or paladin, i'd say DK tho

Deleted
    Paladin.
    +Unkitable
    +best ranged damage of all melee
    +On demand heals that don't depend on hitting something
    +Oh shit! button
    -susceptible to stuns and fears
    -rather squishy

Dk (frost, unholy)
    +tanky
    +lots of ways to counter stuns and fears
    +instant heals that can't be interrupted
    +can do damage while being kited, through dots and pets (if unholy)
    -susceptible to slows and roots
    -the heals require you to hit something, could be a problem if that something is kiting you
    -rather annoying gameplay that requires you to watch runes and Blood Tap charges and a pet (if unholy)

For wpvp shenanigans I recommend ret, especially if you got engineering, as it allows you to get in, kill some bastards and get out fast, and dks can't really do that. Also as ret you can run behind a corner and heal, dks can't do that - they need to hit stuff to get heals or resources for heals.
    Last edited by mmocfc4dd698a1; 2014-12-04 at 09:19 PM.

Death knights have a better track record of not sucking compared to having just having two dps specs that won't suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragaflask View Post
    Death knights have a better track record of not sucking compared to having just having two dps specs that won't suck.
    Well, that is true. But i guess no one knows whats next in the next "nerf" round....

Well you have to look at the mechanics of the classes itself. Alot of nerfs are unnecessary like the FoL nerf yesterday, totally stupid when it greatly effects another specs healing like prot. Prot healing is worse than even rogue healing at this point, i can shiv someone more than i can heal with FoL for prot and thats extremely sad for hybrid tank. But now they could of simply change mechanics for rets just like they did for druid Heart of the wild by 50% in pvp....in pvp? Oh it doesn't pve at all! Expect stupid nerfs on both classes im sure, just stick with classes that are consistent with arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be gay, roll a DK.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

"DK" could be Blood, Frost, or UH. "Ret" can only be Ret. I'd say go with DK.

Ret is a better choice in PVP right now, but DK's have a much better historical track record. Unholy is always good in arena, and both frost and unholy are great for TCing in RBGs. Ret is tremendous right now, but I doubt it will last very long.

I

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently main a DK and am planning on going Pally.

In terms of PvP, Pallies have DKs beat in utility by far. Which is pretty damn good. I'm also thinking of doing PvP and having both a healing and tanking spec helps a lot in finding good groups/raids/guilds to be a part of.

Rets have DKs beat on CD burst where as DKs have Rets beat in consistent damage. Also, Blood DKs are better than Prot Pallies for PvP if you're interested in specing tank for PvP.

But all in all, I say Rets have the overall advantage. They have more mobility and much MUCH better utility which is required for competitive PvP and even raiding.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I currently main a DK and am planning on going Pally.

In terms of PvP, Pallies have DKs beat in utility by far. Which is pretty damn good. I'm also thinking of doing PvP and having both a healing and tanking spec helps a lot in finding good groups/raids/guilds to be a part of.

Rets have DKs beat on CD burst where as DKs have Rets beat in consistent damage. Also, Blood DKs are better than Prot Pallies for PvP if you're interested in specing tank for PvP.

But all in all, I say Rets have the overall advantage. They have more mobility and much MUCH better utility which is required for competitive PvP and even raiding.
    They did get an small healing nerf it seems yesterday. But other healing spells buffed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by appelsapje View Post
    They did get an small healing nerf it seems yesterday. But other healing spells buffed.
    Before this buff to Word of Glory, it healed for 0, seriously it wasn't even on my action bar as the healing was even lower than that of Holy Prism. This buff puts WoG back on the action bar, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie the Poo View Post
    Before this buff to Word of Glory, it healed for 0, seriously it wasn't even on my action bar as the healing was even lower than that of Holy Prism. This buff puts WoG back on the action bar, at least.
    i have FoL as my primary, but I have WoG hotkeyed for emergency use or if i have an excess divine purpose between fights. Also have a holy prism macro to self heal and do a small aoe attack when attacking multiple mobs atm.

Overall I still hate WoG, but it might be worth checking out for that Glyph of Harsh words now, the increase in healing translates into the damage output from that glyph as well doesnt it?
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2014-12-06 at 08:09 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol