Recommend a gaming mouse

I am currently using a sidewinder x5. Been using it for over 5 years but its starting to act up and I could really use one more side button.

The requirements for my mouse...

Corded
    At least 3 buttons on the side
    Under $100 (around $70 would be best)
    Work with Mac

I have been looking at the Naga and the Hex which both seem to fit what I am looking for. Hex seems perfect for me but the Naga seems more popular. The naga looks like there is a lot of potential for misclicks... especially for the way I hold a mouse (large hands so... gorilla claw grip?). From looking at it I would guess that the Hex would fit my grip style better but /shrug.

I am open to any brand as long as they are good mice and fit my requirements I am open to whatever.

Personally I love my Razer Naga. I plan on buying another one soon. I don't suffer from the large hands problem though.
    I was probably returning video tapes.

Logitech G600, hands down. Better build quality than the Naga, thumb buttons laid out in a slightly different but better way (2 sets of 6 buttons rather than 1 set of 12). This stops mis-clicking.

When I was looking for a mouse I read this advice:

"If you want a thumb button mouse and already have a Naga, get another Naga. If you've never used thumb button mice before get the Logitech G600"

edit: I have large hands. Thumb to little finger full stretch is 24cm.
    Last edited by Navitas; 2014-12-04 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imthewalrus37 View Post
    Personally I love my Razer Naga. I plan on buying another one soon. I don't suffer from the large hands problem though.
    Do you have problems clicking the wrong buttons? I love the idea of more buttons but worry about clicking the wrong ones. I have a ton of keybinds already that work fine but more mouse buttons could free up some space. I would probably be less likely to mess up with the mouse than I am with my keys since I am using so many already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Logitech G600, hands down. Better build quality than the Naga, thumb buttons laid out in a slightly different but better way (2 sets of 6 buttons rather than 1 set of 12). This stops mis-clicking.

When I was looking for a mouse I read this advice:

"If you want a thumb button mouse and already have a Naga, get another Naga. If you've never used thumb button mice before get the Logitech G600"

edit: I have large hands. Thumb to little finger full stretch is 24cm.
    Mine is just shy of 25cm so that is good to know.

EDIT: I have had really good luck with logitech in the past. My wife has used nothing but logitech for the last 10 years.

One thing I would recommend once you get one is to make a little drawing showing you which spells are on what button and stick that to your monitor until you've got them all committed to muscle memory. This helped me no end when I first got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    One thing I would recommend once you get one is to make a little drawing showing you which spells are on what button and stick that to your monitor until you've got them all committed to muscle memory. This helped me no end when I first got it.
    I started looking at reviews and videos of the G600. Going with that one for sure now so thanks for that. Not sure why I didn't think to look at them.

I used to use a Naga and loved it, but sadly it didn't last. after getting a new mousemat I found that it didn't work as well, turned out it was because the old mat had been white and the new one was black, the laser just didn't work on a dark surface at all and by that time the warranty had expired. soon after I began to get the double click problem as well and eventually the left button gave out completely. got a Logitech G600 instead, very similar design and far, far fewer reports of problems with them

Logitech G600 or one of their 'pure' gaming mice would still be my recommendation. The G600's fast, accurate and hugely customisable. I can use it for FPS gaming, Starcraft 2, or WoW easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also joining in the logitech g600 crowd, I had a naga for 3 years till it broke and then for my birthday I got this one. Works perfectly, much better cord than naga, that one had some serious entanglement and tearing issues where the cord would just make loops and slip out of the cord cover, performance is great, mine is white and I selected the pink buttons=best.

I recommend G600 instead of Naga. Been using it and enjoying immensly.

Ok so looks like its a good thing I decided G600 is better... everyone seems to like them more and from what I can find there is less complaints of them breaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Also joining in the logitech g600 crowd, I had a naga for 3 years till it broke and then for my birthday I got this one. Works perfectly, much better cord than naga, that one had some serious entanglement and tearing issues where the cord would just make loops and slip out of the cord cover, performance is great, mine is white and I selected the pink buttons=best.
    I like the white one but it costs more on every site I can find it... I may just have to spend the extra money because everyone knows cool hardware is a 10% dps increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna Copy and Paste this from my Guild's Forum, guildie was looking for a new mouse too.

I really like my Logitech G600. A lot of people say it has too many buttons, but I feel it just adds more options while effectively keeping the buttons easy to reach.

It's somewhat of a big mouse so it's great if you have big hands like myself. The buttons are all nicely spread, and big enough that you can tell all the buttons apart. And if you're into aesthetics, it looks awesome to boot. The side button's colors can be changed through the Logitech Gaming Software. Speaking of which, is a very clean, and easy software to work with, if you get the mouse you'll have it up and running in minutes. It supports all forms of macros and keybinds, and even supports profiles so that the mouse's settings change depending on the game.

One last feature that I love about this mouse and people seem to forget is the cable. It has a braided cable, so it doesn't tangle up like traditional cables. So hands down the best mouse I've had the pleasure of using.

Deleted
    Not sure if it's still available, but if you want a mouse with -less- buttons than the G600, the G500 is pretty slick : )

I don't know if it's mac compatible, but I've loved this mouse since I got it. Prefer it well over any Razer product or Ttesport mouse (have used both in the past): jk can't post links Google ROCCAT Kone or Kone XTD

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn D18 View Post
    Not sure if it's still available, but if you want a mouse with -less- buttons than the G600, the G500 is pretty slick : )
    G500 is out of production, they're onto the G502 now which is a pretty decent upgrade from the G500, although the mouse wheel is very harsh (to click)

As for the OP, I'm part of the big hands crew, and I can't use the Naga, the 2014 one at least (and earlier models are way too expensive), by the looks of it the G600 is a much better size, just make sure you check the returns policy, as even a perfect mouse in a store can turn into a shit mouse in your hand, and its nice to be able to just say "nope, I'm done with this" and swap to a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    G500 is out of production, they're onto the G502 now which is a pretty decent upgrade from the G500, although the mouse wheel is very harsh (to click)

As for the OP, I'm part of the big hands crew, and I can't use the Naga, the 2014 one at least (and earlier models are way too expensive), by the looks of it the G600 is a much better size, just make sure you check the returns policy, as even a perfect mouse in a store can turn into a shit mouse in your hand, and its nice to be able to just say "nope, I'm done with this" and swap to a different one.
    I love my sidewinder. I got it because people complained it is too big and really it is. My wife can't use it without hurting her hand. The g600 is a little bigger than the naga so it shouldn't be to much of an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wtrubeyubq View Post
    This helped me no end when I first got it.
    What kind of garbage is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn D18 View Post
    I have used the mx 518 for years and love it. I actually have a spare in its box still on the off chance this one breaks. It only has 2 side keys but does have 3 top keys besides the normal left/right wheel and like most gaming mice the wheel can be turned on to click as well as spin.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."