Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Whats your Highmaul DPS complete with item level and 100 talent choice

I would like to compare to what I am to other SPriest to see if I am doing it right. I am at 636 item level and I only use cheap gems and cheap enchant, I refuse to spend so much gold on stuff im about to upgrade.

We raided last night only had time for 2 bosses because of all the set up, but we one shotted the first and 2 shotted the second, this was my DPS

Edit - CoP talent choice, no weapon enchant - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Zenkai/

First Boss

Second Boss
    Last edited by zenkai; 2014-12-05 at 03:27 PM.

You forgot to include your 100 talent choice!

I've watched some streams, one from MidWinter, and the top dps would end about 22-24K. I would presume they used big-everything concerning enchants/gems, to a point. What I didn't see is a shadow priest even near top dps/total damage. So it feels kinda strange to see you on top that high.

Oh and yes, which level 100 talent you used?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Pretty sure most, if not all SP's use Halo.
    So we have 2 halo now? From lvl 90 and 100?

Zen, do you have links to logs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was playing with ToF, switching between Insanity or SoD, always with CoP. Entered the raid on 640 ilvl, left it on 654

Twin Og was similar dps (24k ish)
    Brackenspore was 25k or so
    Tectus I was focused constantly with shard, only managed 21k
    Butcher and Kargath both between 21 - 22k.

I'm making so many mistakes with CoP in a raid - muscle memory kicks in and I dot when I shouldn't. Nice to be doing decent damage and know there is heaps and heaps of room for improvement.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had quite a few mistakes and it was only N with H to follow once our core team is all over but sat between 22-23k depending on the fight, entered as 643 left as 643, logs below.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2gtAKJ#boss=-2

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    You forgot to include your 100 talent choice!
    Sorry I did, it is CoP, focusing stats on Mast, Multi and just enough haste to be able to do 3 MS per MB CD

Quote Originally Posted by Nekusar View Post
    Had quite a few mistakes and it was only N with H to follow once our core team is all over but sat between 22-23k depending on the fight, entered as 643 left as 643, logs below.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2gtAKJ#boss=-2
    Nice NeKusar! Wish I was 643!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    Zen, do you have links to logs?
    I wish, I forgot to turn on my combatlogs. I am use to having an addon that does it for me, and at the time of 6.0 launch it wasnt updated to include highmaul (you can set what instances it turns on)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Sorry I did, it is CoP, focusing stats on Mast, Multi and just enough haste to be able to do 3 MS per MB CD
    How much haste is needed to cast 3 MS between MBs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    I'm making so many mistakes with CoP in a raid - muscle memory kicks in and I dot when I shouldn't. Nice to be doing decent damage and know there is heaps and heaps of room for improvement.
    Omg I know exactly what you mean. Coming also that I only started a S Priest about 1 month before WoD release I have a lot of improvement to work on

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    17% buffed seemed to work fine for me although I wouldn't mind it a little higher, I have a bunch of haste/crit gear saved just in case, ill throw some pieces on and play with a target dummy to find a better number. But At 17% I am casting MS while MB is still on CD and I see it refresh off GCD.

- - - Updated - - -

First try on the butcher. using CoP

When we did Brackenspore, here i did do some interrupting etc. and did not use my SW good on the adds

damn those monks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    17% buffed seemed to work fine for me although I wouldn't mind it a little higher, I have a bunch of haste/crit gear saved just in case, ill throw some pieces on and play with a target dummy to find a better number. But At 17% I am casting MS while MB is still on CD and I see it refresh off GCD.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't any level of haste going to have 3 MS in between MBs, until you reach GCD cap?

Haste reduces Mind Blast cooldown so that you will always have 3 GCDs in between them.

I did Highmaul pugs today and I'm really satisfied with my DPS. Top 2-4 on all fights. 4/7N.

EDIT: 638 CoP
    Last edited by hablix; 2014-12-07 at 04:17 AM.

unless a fight involves massive amounts of sustained aoe, shadow absolutely can (and if people die, which extends execute range, SHOULD) be within 1-2% of top dps on basically all highmaul fights this tier.

the only thing holding us back is that we still don't get guaranteed 5 orbs on pull. has anyone checked if we can reset any otherwise-skipable trashmobs with spec guise?

also mindsear is still horrible. buff ples.

10+ Year Old Account
    We managed to finish off the place, and it seems like 25k is about what I'm managing still with slightly flawed play.

Some other classes are stronger I'd guess, but we're certainly up there & basically the same as the last info I posted.

at current gear levels (660ish) I don't think we can break 30k on margok due to how weak our aoe is. most of the 30k+ classes are hitting those numbers due to their insane aoe on the last add waves.

that said, our boss dmg on margok is very strong, and VE is extremely potent, especially in execute range with ToF+SWD orbs.

Here's a Heroic Kargath pug, 20 players in raid. 640 ilvl, CoP/Insanity

The other SP was CoP/Insanity also, similar gear. I should note that I was nervous as #)($*@# competing directly with another SP, and afraid of getting kicked from a Heroic pug if my DPS wasn't excellent, so I played my B+ game at best.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Our Butcher Heroic kill from last night. Quite proud of it I'm on 645 ilvl and we were 27 people in the raid and the fight took 5 minutes and 14 seconds. CoP Insanity as my talents.

Kargath from last night, Butcher was similar:

Not too displeased but I made a number of mistakes.