Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wish i was doing in the 20ks xD im at 639 and am doing 18-20k dps depending on the fight give or take 1k or so i was stuck on orb duty for korag so my dps wasnt too high but was still #1, besides pre potting is potting for the 2nd time during execute phase the best time? or during lust

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post

The Ko'ragh fight is in our favour though with how the absorb shield has an execute range for SW:d and ToF multiple times during the fight.
    How large is the window for this? I use shadow priest dot timers and I did see the SW icon appear last week, but I recall smashing it many times and it not working.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also only SW-D once when the shield is low. Unsure whether or not this is because the shield drops or because it has some strange mechanic.

Still, it's a good fight for us - though I think other classes played well can beat us.

My own kill (and the log posted here) had specific classes assigned to cleaving down the adds. I didn't touch them. For maximum lol padding, certain classes will out perform us here, but in terms of damage that matters, we're very good regardless.

Deleted
    I wouldn't necessarily draw that conclusion based on any of the logs provided in this thread. The only thing these logs show me is that some people are in guilds with very low DPS. I pull around 20-21k on most fights with ilvl 640, but the DKs, Warriors, hunters and Monks in my raidguild pull up to close or over 30k DPS and there is not much competing with that as a Spriest, especially not on fights where they can pull even higher numbers because of cleaving. Warriors pulling 35-40k DPS with bladestorm on Tectus for example, while spriest still have the shittiest AoE or cleave DPS.

The Ko'ragh fight is in our favour though with how the absorb shield has an execute range for SW:d and ToF multiple times during the fight.
    I'm 99% sure ToF doesn't proc from the shield being low alone

Insanity, ToF, Halo

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I'm 99% sure ToF doesn't proc from the shield being low alone
    I am 100% sure. Was back there last night. No ToF proc on shield, and was unable to cast SW

10+ Year Old Account
    I was already pretty disappointed with my DPS last night... this thread is downright depressing to me.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arrus/advanced

I did 14k dps on the last boss in Highmaul (normal) at 637 ilevel. Talent picked is CoP/ToF. I'm doing what How To Priest says to use when dotweaving but I can't seem to improve in spite of ilevel rising.

Butcher last night. Was moving in and out for cleaves.

Last edited by LL Hand J; 2014-12-09 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    I've watched some streams, one from MidWinter, and the top dps would end about 22-24K. I would presume they used big-everything concerning enchants/gems, to a point. What I didn't see is a shadow priest even near top dps/total damage. So it feels kinda strange to see you on top that high.

Oh and yes, which level 100 talent you used?
    His guild sucks. That's why he is on top of the meters. 2nd place paladin is 16k which is garbage dps. Good luck on Butcher with 13k average dps.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Here's my Heroic Impregnator kill video:

I played like shit, still did 26k. Highlights include: Randomly casting MF without DP on target, fucking up DoT weaving many times, forgetting my rotation entirely and doing zero DPS while moving. Oh. And a WA somebody linked the pull before that was really fucking annoying and I wouldn't have used if I knew we'd kill it the attempt we killed it on.

Easy game, easy life.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    His guild sucks. That's why he is on top of the meters. 2nd place paladin is 16k which is garbage dps. Good luck on Butcher with 13k average dps.
    No need to be nasty, its a casual guild and not everyone was fully heroic gear, but i say they can't be too bad if we got butcher second try (someone messed up first try) and that same pally is pull 22k now im more like 4th on the dps now that more people has gotten none. Anyone knows DPS is also very gear dependent, the right stats, not just the item level which is why I asked for more than just screen shots of meters. The other people dps was irrelevant anyway

Last week I was sick, so I went in there with ilvl 642 this week (645 mission items + 650 chest from Tarlna...), just showing my *best* kill tonight:

Very low movement fight, CoP + dot weaving almost perfect... happy.

Deleted
    Did Butcher hc on pug like 2 night ago, and I was pulling easily 20.5k + dps(after ToF jumps in)

Well then something went wrong for you, because I definitely can cast SW: D when the shield gets low. >_>
    I tried multiple time again last night, no tof, no orbs

Ilvl for these fights: ~645. CoP + Insanity + ToF

Kargath: 20k
    Butcher: 20k
    Brackenspore: 19k
    Tectus: 21k
    Twins: 19k
    Koragh: 19k
    Imperator: 19k

So these are shit numbers. What I don`t understand is why. I mean I do mess up my rotation every now and then but I also see that ppl that pull around 22k-25k say they made mistakes as well. I did read as much as I could on rotations and such. My chants / gems are now towards mastery...which is something that I am a bit confused about ...since almost everywhere the stat prio is crit haste multi before mastery...for this talent choice, yet I see a lot of priests going for mastery (even Drye).

Tonight we were 27 in raid, 2 tanks 6 healers. My numbers put me around nr. 17 in dps ...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...KMRprv#fight=4

These are the logs as well ... if anyone can help me understand what I`m doing that wrong.

Thanx!

10+ Year Old Account
    Be mindful with gearing and gemming that different types of fights call for different stats.

Seems like 27k is now my average dps per fight. Getting better at executing the rotation on heroic farm as prep for mythic next raid but still derping a bit.

Coining a H-WF weapon on our first heroic clear helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Be mindful with gearing and gemming that different types of fights call for different stats.

Seems like 27k is now my average dps per fight. Getting better at executing the rotation on heroic farm as prep for mythic next raid but still derping a bit.

Coining a H-WF weapon on our first heroic clear helped.
    Yes.. Yes it would

I pulled 22.5k on both Kargath and The Butcher (14N) yesterday with 645 ilvl, CoP and Insanity. Made a fuckton of mistakes.

pulling around 21k overall, still using my shittie 630 wep so there's that.... I hope i can get better numbers cuz im getting pawned by some random aff lock using a HWF tectus staff.

Yeah about that. Didn't they change the mechanics behind ranged / magic DPS to be dependant on the weapon DPS too? This explains why people with same ilvls have vastly different DPS outputs, since the weapon decides the DPS much more than other pieces now?
    Casters being based on weapon dmg range? Nope, that's D3. Weapon has always been the most important gear piece, simply because of how much spell power it gives.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory