Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

the awkward moment when modders with limited resources work better.

They have limited resources and somehow manage to make mounts that look cooler than most things blizzard makes
    example:

15+ Year Old Account
    Making a picture of a mount in photoshop is not the same as making the actual mount in 3D with working animations n stuff.

Plus actually I think that is a pretty bad photoshop work. look at the feet/legs or where the headpiece collides with the "shoulders". That actually IS pretty bad. even for limited resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's actually a model, it was a mod back in wrath of the lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    Making a picture of a mount in photoshop is not the same as making the actual mount in 3D with working animations n stuff.

Plus actually I think that is a pretty bad photoshop work. look at the feet/legs or where the headpiece collides with the "shoulders". That actually IS pretty bad. even for limited resources.
    You haven't seen the new boar mounts, have you?

10+ Year Old Account

it IS a model

What makes something look 'cooler' varies from person to person. Me, for example, think it's just 'meh' even for WoLK standards. I'd never use it. Blizz has made some amazing looking mounts and some terrible looking ones but which ones are amazing and which ones are terrible will vary from person to person.

That... is not better then anything Blizzard has made. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so there is never that awkward moment.

Deleted
    It looks pretty terrible tbh....

I get the feeling this is something the OP (or a friend of theirs) made and is really proud of and wanted to come up with a narrative to introduce it even if it (meaning being 'cooler' than anything Blizz has made) doesn't really make sense or hold water.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    well boar running animation is awkward :P the mount itself looks ok

10+ Year Old Account
    no, it's something I dug up from an old post in a model editing website, it's pretty old tbh

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LFPO8k View Post
    They have limited resources and somehow manage to make mounts that look cooler than most things blizzard makes
    example:

Like all art. it's subjective. I think that thing is ugly.

I stand corrected then.

Deleted
    They have limited resources
    You're implying you know how much resources Blizzard has at their disposal, since you're comparing. How do you know?
    How many manhours went into this model compared to similar model Blizzard made?

Numbers please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    You're implying you know how much resources Blizzard has at their disposal, since you're comparing. How do you know?
    oh yeah, sorry.
    a multi-millionaire AAA company with a huge team at their disposal isn't very "resourceful" at all

a multi-millionaire AAA company with a huge team at their disposal isn't very "resourceful" at all
    Resources available =/= resources spend. Just because they could technically make 50 new mounts doesn't mean they will prioritize it over other things.

Deleted
    oh yeah, sorry.
    Ok, so you don't know, you're just throwing that old "multibillion" company line around like it would explain everything.
    Your homework for tonight will be to figure out how project management, resources and deadlines work in corporate environment.
    We can pick this discussion up after you've done that.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah, sorry.

Because they don't have any other work right? They just sit on the hands all day doing nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Ok, so you don't know, you're just throwing that old "multibillion" company line around like it would explain everything.
    Your homework for tonight will be to figure out how project management, resources and deadlines work in corporate environment.
    We can pick this discussion up after you've done that.
    I'm not talking about spending a lot of cash on making mounts, I'm just saying that, when they do make one, at least make something that doesn't look bad

oh yeah, sorry.

How do you imagine this is relevant at all? Do you think Blizzard is going go have 10 talented artists working on a single model to make it super duper awesome?

That's not how it works. Whether it's Blizzard or an independent modder, it's still just one person working on one model so it's not surprising or awkward or in any way strange that a modder might be able to do a better job than an artist at Blizzard.

So, the size and financial health of the company are basically meaningless - as is this thread.