Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Spec for Highmaul

Now that Highmaul has released, does anyone have any feedback on what specs are performing best? What sort of DPS numbers are you putting out in an actual raid environment?

dest seems doing better, but i am really really really really really really really really really really bored of destruction, i want demo, or affliction !

:@
    Be feared, or be fuel

I have been running affliction the past 2 nights. I seem to be able to consistently achieve about 18k dps (Although my ilvl is only 636). I hear destruction is doing well but i find it pretty boring ATM. I'd love to hear what other people's thoughts are on the subject though.
    Last edited by Hoganshlogan; 2014-12-04 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganshlogan View Post
    I have been running affliction the past 2 nights. I seem to be able to consistently achieve about 18k dps (Although my ilvl is only 636). I hear destruction is doing well but i find it pretty boring ATM. I'd love to hear what other people's thoughts are on the subject though.
    spec hunter ;p

I ran demo last night, and was surprised to find myself in the top 3 for the fights we did. I went in with a 630 ilvl. I was seeing bursts around 21k, and sustained between 15k-18k. Might try destro tonight to see how it feels.

I ran demo last night and was right at the top with usually around 15-18k or so, saw some good spikes over 20k. The affy lock on our team was beating me but it was nice to see purple on top of the charts. Our spriest and hunter were right behind us. I've been enjoying demo because there's a lot to the rotation and managing spell priorities, as opposed to destro which is literally like 3 different spells over and over and over. They really need to fix the Dark Soul glyph + AD bug though, if that was working I'm sure my dps would be noticeably better

I ran destro and I beat the other lock (demo) handily (granted, i am a few ilvls higher... went in with 541)

I was never below 5th (ran with 22 people), beaten on every fight by hunters and a monk. Usually fighting my spot with my pally buddy

Brackenspore was a joy as destro, SO MANY SHADOWBURNS TO CLEAVE I finished second on that one, right below our monk

Let the data speak for itself: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&class=Warlock

All Bosses (heroic)
    1. Affliction 18,993.1
    2. Destruction 18,585.4
    3. Demonology 17,229.8

Kargath (heroic)
    1. Affliction 18,285.0
    2. Destruction 17,860.3
    3. Demonology 16,518.1

The Butcher (heroic)
    1. Affliction 19,701.2
    2. Destruction 19,310.5
    3. Demonology 17,941.4

Tectus (Normal since there's not enough heroic data)
    Demonology 18,129.4
    Affliction 17,316.2
    Destruction 15,479.0

See more by using warcraftlogs dropdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    Let the data speak for itself: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&class=Warlock

All Bosses (heroic)
    1. Affliction 18,993.1
    2. Destruction 18,585.4
    3. Demonology 17,229.8

Kargath (heroic)
    1. Affliction 18,285.0
    2. Destruction 17,860.3
    3. Demonology 16,518.1

The Butcher (heroic)
    1. Affliction 19,701.2
    2. Destruction 19,310.5
    3. Demonology 17,941.4

Demonology 18,129.4
    Affliction 17,316.2
    Destruction 15,479.0

50 percentile, i think you should look at https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ck&dataset=100

10+ Year Old Account

All Bosses (heroic)
    1. Affliction 18,993.1
    2. Destruction 18,585.4
    3. Demonology 17,229.8

Kargath (heroic)
    1. Affliction 18,285.0
    2. Destruction 17,860.3
    3. Demonology 16,518.1

The Butcher (heroic)
    1. Affliction 19,701.2
    2. Destruction 19,310.5
    3. Demonology 17,941.4

Demonology 18,129.4
    Affliction 17,316.2
    Destruction 15,479.0

personally, preferred affliction on tectus. The movement and ability to have dots rolling while kiting clouds was pretty big. I felt too gimped playing demo with the chaotic nature of the fight lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    All three specs do comparable damage; the player will make the difference. This tier there is no "winner" in terms of real DPS figures. In Mythic gear SimCraft is showing Affliction coming out on top, Destro for normal/heroic levels of raids comes out on top. These "tops" are very minor differences though.

TLDR: Play whatever you want, because each spec is so close it doesn't matter. What skills you're comfortable with are what matters.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythium View Post
    personally, preferred affliction on tectus. The movement and ability to have dots rolling while kiting clouds was pretty big. I felt too gimped playing demo with the chaotic nature of the fight lol.
    Demo is perfect in "chaotic fights" like Tectus, Brackenspore, Twin Ogron. Tectus in particular, where fury is plentiful due to corruption and doom running on so many mobs, you can get so much meta uptime and spam ToC to your hearts content when moving.

Did 22-23k as Aff prioritized as Destro on handful of fights. Did the same dps with SB Haunt and Serv. Needed to go Destro for last boss for sure.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorout View Post
    Demo is perfect in "chaotic fights" like Tectus, Brackenspore, Twin Ogron. Tectus in particular, where fury is plentiful due to corruption and doom running on so many mobs, you can get so much meta uptime and spam ToC to your hearts content when moving.
    While that is true, I far prefer affliction for such situations. As I said, "Personally preferred" earlier. I feel while still far from the boss while kiting clouds, I'm still able to get off a good percentage of my damage while not in range. I guess this could be said too for demo with pet + dots on boss.
    BLEH

Basically, I'm glad I have to flip up between demo and aff now. I like both FAR more than destro

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Did 22-23k as Aff prioritized as Destro on handful of fights. Did the same dps with SB Haunt and Serv. Needed to go Destro for last boss for sure.
    How do you find SB:H vs Serv in highmaul? Personally just ran with only serv last night as aff.

Been playing a lot of demo so far. Only used destro for brackenspore and the butcher so far, and it's been pretty succesful

I prefered SB Haunt so I had something to actually keep me engaged rotationally plus it's legit for multiple targets. I did like 22.8 SB Haunt ST and 22.4 Serv ST. Same fight time. Sandman proc'd for Aff instantly for me every time. It baits procs in the opener so much better than Destro.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    I prefered SB Haunt so I had something to actually keep me engaged rotationally plus it's legit for multiple targets. I did like 22.8 SB Haunt ST and 22.4 Serv ST. Same fight time. Sandman proc'd for Aff instantly for me every time. It baits procs in the opener so much better than Destro.
    As destro, the Sandman trinket sometimes takes ages to proc during pull ( sometimes it just refuses to proc before DS runs out ). It's pretty annoying for atleast destruction

All Bosses (heroic)
    1. Affliction 18,993.1
    2. Destruction 18,585.4
    3. Demonology 17,229.8

Kargath (heroic)
    1. Affliction 18,285.0
    2. Destruction 17,860.3
    3. Demonology 16,518.1

The Butcher (heroic)
    1. Affliction 19,701.2
    2. Destruction 19,310.5
    3. Demonology 17,941.4

Demonology 18,129.4
    Affliction 17,316.2
    Destruction 15,479.0

To me this says "close enough that you can play whatever you like" which is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Highmaul is unique as it has few trash and you don't need to overcompensate killing them between bosses, at least in normal. I personally prefer affliction when fighting the second-third-fourth boss, and destruction on kargath and the rest of the bosses because of burst. But if you need to be picky I would say all bosses except for kargath can be fought well with affliction.

Did in both difficulties all seven bosses with Destro spec.

But maybe change for affliction in mythic progression for Tectus and Brackenspore - since I do the flamethrower job.