BrM Damage Question

So I am aware that in Normal and Heroic modes, the damage output by a tank isn't super important, but still could mean the difference between a wipe and a kill. However, on Mythic this is a guarantee. Since initially all tanks are probably going to focus on survivability (as a BrM this means the gear choices will reflect that mentality), what's going to be the best way to maximize the damage output from a BrM tank?

Currently I'm thinking that once the healers get comfortable and obtain some gear from the current raid, a crit based build (for EB primarily) will also bring up the dps. Is this an ok frame of mind to be in?

From a rotation standpoint, I am focusing on KS on CD, BoK (whenever I dont need to PB like a madman), and Xuen is my talent choice. Any thoughts on this as well?

Thanks!

If we're ignoring anything about survivability, the highest possible damage setup would be:

Agility > Bonus Armor > Multistrike (until about 30% MS where it breaks even with Crit) > Crit > Versatility > Mastery > Haste

Using these talents:

Power Strikes
    Xuen (RJW for AoE)
    Chi Explosion

And probably trinkets with passive Agility on them.

Granted you will probably be about as tough as a wet paper bag if you go that far with it, especially with Chi Explosion and the Multistrike priority. Crit is a much better compromise for DPS without going too squishy, but regardless of any stat priority Chi Explosion alone is a 10% single target damage increase in exchange for anywhere between 10% and 30% more damage taken than Serenity.

Huh, vers is better for damage than mastery? I wouldn't have expected that, but thinking about it I guess it makes sense. Mastery just boosts AP and not weapon damage, and strike attacks like KS contribute a large fraction of our DPS. So it sounds reasonable that 1% damage per 130 vers could pull ahead of 1% AP per 110 mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    Huh, vers is better for damage than mastery? I wouldn't have expected that, but thinking about it I guess it makes sense. Mastery just boosts AP and not weapon damage, and strike attacks like KS contribute a large fraction of our DPS. So it sounds reasonable that 1% damage per 130 vers could pull ahead of 1% AP per 110 mastery.
    Yeah, basically 110 Crit/MS is 1% more DPS/HPS to everything, 0.85% for Vers, but 1% AP is more like 0.6% more damage because of the base weapon DPS.

If there's one thing SimC is great at it's calculating mindless single target DPS and the results pretty much exactly match what you'd get from napkin math.

Deleted
    A crit based ChiEX build should be the most damaging setup that's not useless from a tanking perspective.
    For DTPS, with serenity crit = mastery with serenty, so for chi ex crit should be better (as you purify less devaluating mastery).

I go this route because i really dislike serenity, and it seems to do ok if you're not fighting undergeared.
    (hardest i have tanked at around 637 with this setup being butcher normal / kargath HC, both no real threat)

3chi ChiEx, or 4chi ChiEx or it doesn't matter?..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!