Please help my Gladiator DPS.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...optik/advanced
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9bdG3m2kZaXYc6nh

I rolled warrior because I didn't enjoy Druid anymore. I have been tanking for 4 years, and was recruited into this guild as a DPS 2 days before raids opened. I'm not only brand new to warrior, but 2 days deep into Gladiator. I'd rather not have to leave this guild because I really enjoy them, but I am not going to hold their guild back by doing atrocious sub-par dps.

Before going too far into it, first thing that jumped out was very low heroic strike usage. Comparing your log to mine for kargath (mine is normal, not heroic)...you used heroic strike 45 times on a 5:35 duration fight. I used it 116 times on a 4:46 duration fight. Granted, I played terribly on our kargath kill (first pull, was getting used to the environment). But 45 heroic strikes on over a 5 minute fight seems incredibly low...

EDIT: Compared butcher fights, since it's pretty patchwerk for melee. Based on %, looks like you could've gotten a little more bang out of bloodbath. Devastate frequency appears lot, and heroic strike is way below what it should be. Also, I'm not sold on using execute AT ALL in the rotation. In a perfect sim, it's adds a little dps. For me, the rotation is much smoother when you just remove it from your bars all together. Also, spec into US instead of sudden death...(this would explain the low heroic strike usage)

EDIT TAKE 2: No prepot, and no pot used during fight. Also, no racial used as well.
    Last edited by greenbay924; 2014-12-04 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenbay924 View Post
    Before going too far into it, first thing that jumped out was very low heroic strike usage. Comparing your log to mine for kargath (mine is normal, not heroic)...you used heroic strike 45 times on a 5:35 duration fight. I used it 116 times on a 4:46 duration fight. Granted, I played terribly on our kargath kill (first pull, was getting used to the environment). But 45 heroic strikes on over a 5 minute fight seems incredibly low...

EDIT: Compared butcher fights, since it's pretty patchwerk for melee. Based on %, looks like you could've gotten a little more bang out of bloodbath. Devastate frequency appears lot, and heroic strike is way below what it should be. Also, I'm not sold on using execute AT ALL in the rotation. In a perfect sim, it's adds a little dps. For me, the rotation is much smoother when you just remove it from your bars all together. Also, spec into US instead of sudden death...(this would explain the low heroic strike usage)

EDIT TAKE 2: No prepot, and no pot used during fight. Also, no racial used as well.
    Noted, will adjust. Anything else just send it my way.

Edit: Regarding US, should I pool rage, wait for 6 stacks, then burn as many HS's as possible, or just use HS as often as possible throughout the fight?
    Last edited by Locknlol; 2014-12-04 at 07:45 PM.

Honestly, we spent about 2 hours on imperator last night before downing him. Gave me plenty of time to work on the rotation. Pooling rage is a non issue. I found if keeping SS and revenge on CD, I was left with enough rage to generally be spamming heroic strike from US 3 stacks +. I even started getting tricky and delaying going from US 5 to US 6 until about 1-2 seconds left on duration, just to drag it on a bit longer. I had to use the tellmewhen addon, with the script someone on this forum posted to keep accurate track of it, but totally worth it.

So hopefully if I can drop my mastery lower into crit/ms and get a non tanking trinket, I should be doing way better.