Deleted

T17 4pc resto proc on the wrong ability?

"When you gain Tidal Waves, you have a 8% chance to reduce the mana cost of Chain Heal by 75% for 10 sec."

Since CH grants 2 stacks of TW and does not consume or benefit from TW it seems to me that this proc is on the wrong ability. Basically you have to waste your 2 TW stacks to make use of the proc, which seems counter productive. Little synergy we had between our healing spells is further crippled by forcing this proc in our 'rotation'.

EDIT: Let me explain a bit more: I like the idea behind TW amplifying other abilities to force you to mix up your abilities and promote synergy. Cast riptide before your HS / HW's, etc. However, CH does not fit into this model at all. I would much rather see CH be affected by TW (preferably reducing its abysmal long casting speed) and consuming a stack than having no benefit and generating 2 stacks. Especially considering you already need to have a Riptide running on the recipient (preferably multiple) which already causes TW clipping/wasting on CH cast. The set bonus only further increases this disparity in my opinion.

Either change CH to consume TW for benefit instead of generating or have TW cap at something like 4 or 5 instead of 2.
    Last edited by mmoc042b88f2f8; 2014-12-04 at 07:46 PM.

ever heard of a Riptide/Chain Heal combo?
    Science the shit out of it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    ever heard of a Riptide/Chain Heal combo?
    Yes, and that is essentially the core of my problem with it.

TW increases the potential of HW/HS. Therefore, gaining TW is a positive effect in addition to the healing done by the spell granting said TW stack. This costs me a fixed amount of mana

If for some reason I cannot gain TW (such as being capped at 2), yet I still cast the spell, I only get the healing from it, for the same amount of mana. Effectively I am losing the added potential on my other spells, resulting in a net loss.

CH is amplified by Riptide, yet casting it in this sequence (your Riptide/Chain Heal combo) causes me to lose the added potential from Riptide's TW stacks.

Granted, this is a conscious trade off, where in certain situations it is preferable, but a trade off nonetheless. It just reeks of clunky design to me.

I think I see your point with losing the benefit to HW/HS, I feel they still intend RestoShammies to be raid healers, but at the moment CH is costly. I think the bonus is to try to relieve that cost and promote use of High Tide. Its always been good practice to CH a RT'ed target, but the cost of doing so vs not doing so has never really been that high until now. To me, all the bonus does is push you towards making that choice (similar to UE/HR in MoP). So, where youre right, my personal opinion is that it wasnt designed with HW/HS in mind, it was designed with High Tide and Chain Heal in mind.
    Science the shit out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure it'll be put to good use. You'd know that after 17 tier, they might start running out of creativity for their set bonus. Still, for as long as i can remember, the first tier of an expac always had rediculus 2-piece and 4-piece bonus.

you do know that everytime to cast CH you regain TW stacks, in essence spamming CH will proc the set bonus and most likely you can keep it rolling during heavy raid healing phases. it makes chain heal more friendly as right now its hard to rely on our "niche" due to the mana cost. we have no problems when it comes to tank heals or single target heals mana wise especially with EB
    Last edited by Phaty; 2014-12-04 at 09:20 PM.