Question Anyone else want Enrage back?

Having to use an armor potion or rage potion before every pull seems lackluster and broken. Sure enrage was only needed on pulls to establish AM, but I don't think people realized how vital the spell was. Our ramp up time compared to other tanking classes is definitely noticeable and causes a health deficit which puts us in a risky spot.

Sure you might say since SI now has 2 charges you can utilize it on pulls now, but is that really a fix? Other classes don't need to sacrifice that much to get the job done.

Just a thought. Anyone else have similar feelings?
    Last edited by Grayfeather; 2014-12-04 at 10:12 PM.

I don't disagree. I hate the ramp up.
    On the other hand, every dps class has been prepotting since vanilla. Forcing tanks to do it isn't *that* bit of a deal. Just an annoyance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. As an on-the-GCD ability, its bad. Off the GCD, and it gets macro'd. Its a no-win situations. Furor should be changed to 30 rage though, and only grant rage when out of combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Another note- our mitigation is really only for Savage Defense, which only has ~50% uptime throughout a fight. Resolve stacks super fast. Our problem is that we seem to be balanced around Pulverize, which not only takes 4 GCDs to ramp up, but also causes our rage generation to be slightly slower. Monks are the only other tanking class with similar ramp-up (Unless you count paladins using EF with 5 stacks as ramp-up), and they only need 2 GCDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pre CW and BS on the pull helps cover that gap till Pulv or SD is up worked fairly well so far.
    Victoria Aut Mors

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    On the other hand, every dps class has been prepotting since vanilla. Forcing tanks to do it isn't *that* bit of a deal. Just an annoyance.
    How do you know people don't prepot Agil ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eh. As an on-the-GCD ability, its bad. Off the GCD, and it gets macro'd. Its a no-win situations. Furor should be changed to 30 rage though, and only grant rage when out of combat.

- - - Updated - - -

(Unless you count paladins using EF with 5 stacks as ramp-up)
    Getting to 5 stacks of Bastion of Glory can take an incredibly long time, without lots of procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    dps potting didnt become part of rotations until tbc, and then the pot cooldown ticked in combat so you'd slam them. prepotting wasnt a thing until the new timer was put in place. maybe 3.0?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uzumati View Post
    I pre CW and BS on the pull helps cover that gap till Pulv or SD is up worked fairly well so far.
    Cenarion Ward with no resolve is super weak.

Ontopic I would love enrage back, it would help us on all levels in wow. Both in Challenge modes and in raiding.
    Last edited by mmoc59691b9d9b; 2014-12-05 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    I havent noticed it yet, but then again Im not doing anything too hard, I havent stepped into raids yet. Ive been barkskinning early on any tough pack, and its been working well. I would like something that gives us enough early rage, though.

I really notice the effects during CM runs. CDs tend to run thin and not having that burst of rage for a pull really really hurts. First few seconds of the pull I dip to 30% HP and it puts more stress on the healer to try and top me back up. Enrage helped bridge that deficit and made the events feel more "stable".

I'm even fine with shape shifting for the benefit pre-pull if it has to take that route. Interested to see how pulls go in Mythic. Bosses aren't particularly designed to 1-2 shot tanks anymore, but I have a feeling it will still creep up.