Openworld Games???

I feel like playing a sandbox game where you can craft and build things. I really want to make my own fortress like in Minecraft, but not Minecraft. I have looked at games like The Forest, but it seems like the building is very limited. I looked at Rust but it doesn't seem so fun. I also looked at Life is Feudal, but I read some reviews and people said it was pretty lackluster.

Does anyone know any crafting games? I'm looking for some specific things:

A variety of customization
    At least 2008 graphics. I'm not big on graphics, just no 8-bit or block-like textures that bore me.
    Not extremely buggy. I don't mind some alpha bugs, but I mean an incredible amount of game-breaking bugs.

Any recommendations?

Landmark is getting AI in a few days, so Landmark.

Only bad thing is that you're limited to your own plots, but I don't think there are any good games right now with open world + good building tools, in Landmark you have limited land but amazing tools while in everything else you have land but shit building tools.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2014-12-05 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Landmark is getting AI in a few days, so Landmark.

Only bad thing is that you're limited to your own plots, but I don't think there are any good games right now with open world + good building tools, in Landmark you have limited land but amazing tools while in everything else you have land but shit building tools.
    ive heard about it but isn't it like 60 bucks? That's damn pricey

Quote Originally Posted by neffero View Post
    ive heard about it but isn't it like 60 bucks? That's damn pricey
    That's standard for a game now a days?

If you are looking for something free the only thing coming close would be archeage. Everquest Next would be the next big thing but that's still a ways to go.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's standard for a game now a days?

If you are looking for something free the only thing coming close would be archeage. Everquest Next would be the next big thing but that's still a ways to go.
    Actually, idk why I said 60. I just checked the product on Steam. Don't I have to be invited or something?

Actually, idk why I said 60. I just checked the product on Steam. Don't I have to be invited or something?
    You can buy a founders pack.

You can buy a founders pack.
    I see, does the Settler pack come with the same amount of items to build? I looked it up and I see that the other packs include inventory items/ diff. flag colors/ outfits, but I don't care for that. I want to know if it comes with the same items tho.

I don't really understand the question. Are you asking if buying the settlers pack restricts how you play? If so the answer is no. They just give diff cosmetic perk shit is all. Before explorer and trailblazer gave alpha when the game was in alpha and settler did not but it seems like it's in beta.

But remember the game is in beta, it is an incomplete game so you shouldn't be playing it like a game but like a beta to test things. So most likely you will probably be disappointed.

I don't really understand the question. Are you asking if buying the settlers pack restricts how you play? If so the answer is no. They just give diff cosmetic perk shit is all. Before explorer and trailblazer gave alpha when the game was in alpha and settler did not but it seems like it's in beta.
    Go it, that's what I was asking. Another question (sorry for so many questions). How little space do they give you? Do they give you enough to build a small town or like, a house, for example?

Go it, that's what I was asking. Another question (sorry for so many questions). How little space do they give you? Do they give you enough to build a small town or like, a house, for example?
    I personally not have played or even delved into it but from videos I have seen building behaves similarly to minecraft so I don't believe there are many if it all restrictions. You can even make underground tunnels and such.

I personally not have played or even delved into it but from videos I have seen building behaves similarly to minecraft so I don't believe there are many if it all restrictions. You can even make underground tunnels and such.
    Thank you so much! I bought the settlers pack. Do you know id the Everquest Next developers are likely to include buildings people create? I want to feel like I am making a difference.

Deleted
    You get to claim a prefixed plot of land, a 50x50m square. There are several plots to choose from but all the good plots have already been claimed and paid for by other players. So you'll end up with a plot in the shittiest location imaginable and it will take you hours and hours to gather enough resources to build even the most rudimentary shelter much less a castle or something worthy to be called a house. While you spend hours farming materials for your outhouse you also have to battle poor optimization which makes it frustrating as well as time consuming. Consitent and stable FPS is not a thing in this game at this point.

This is as alpha as a beta could possibly be. Do NOT buy this right now. Trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could mod the ever living shit out of Skyrim. There's a lot of "Build you own shit" mods.