Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    my sister was a veggie for 4/5 years before going out once and ending up eating a burger

now she is back to meat

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    Good find. So we wont see accurate numbers until another method has been agreed upon then. And I agree with you, nothing wrong with being vegan or vegetarian as long as the world you live in supports it.
    Being vegan is a much more sustainable diet concerning both resources and environmental impact. The reason the cost of animal products in the US are so low is because of massive subsidies to the agricultural industry that supports it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Being vegan is a much more sustainable diet concerning both resources and environmental impact. The reason the cost of animal products in the US are so low is because of massive subsidies to the agricultural industry that supports it.
    Not arguing that at all. Current technology and economics does allow us to do wonderful things that isn't possible in a natural environment. Which was my argument all along. In fact, veganism is key to human survival if we want to continue living in a modern society. But it isn't natural, we've just elevated ourselves beyond nature and that allows us to do crazy shit like becoming vegans. Human ingenuity is magical, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    Not arguing that at all. Current technology and economics does allow us to do wonderful things that isn't possible in a natural environment. Which was my argument all along. In fact, veganism is key to human survival if we want to continue living in a modern society. But it isn't natural, we've just elevated ourselves beyond nature and that allows us to do crazy shit like becoming vegans. Human ingenuity is magical, isn't it?
    It sure is. I just hope synthetic meat becomes readily available in my lifetime. I need my burger fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    It sure is. I just hope synthetic meat becomes readily available in my lifetime. I need my burger fix.
    Knowing myself I'd probably settle for a ratburger if synthetic meat wasn't available.