Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Confirmed: No Flying in 6.1

(Got from Official WoW forums)

From the Reddit AMA:

Overall, we’re happy with how ground travel in Draenor has played out thus far, and we’ve heard a lot of feedback to that effect as well, though we of course recognize that there are players who feel differently. We’ll have more to announce about our 6.1 patch plans in the very near future, but as the focus of our endgame outdoor content remains in the main Draenor zones, our reasons for disallowing flight in 6.0 continue to apply in 6.1.

Whether you’re navigating your way to Orumo the Observer in Shattrath Rise, trying to reach a treasure cache atop a column in Spires, or working your way around the ledges encircling The Pit, you’re engaging in gameplay that simply would not exist in a world with unfettered flight. It was never our intent to make large-scale navigation of the world inconvenient, and in 6.1 we’re going to be improving our flight path system to always take the most direct route between two points, even if you have not discovered some of the intermediate nodes.

Please keep the feedback coming – if you’re unhappy with the design, some of the most helpful feedback would be specific examples of situations or systems that feel frustrating without being able to fly in Draenor.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...developer_ama/

The specific question:

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...er_ama/cmlhent

Way to sell the Iron Skyreaver and Grinning Reaver while explicitly advertising their flight capabilities, and let's not forget the flying mount that came with the WoD Collector's edition...

You can still fly in other continents, it's just whining re: advertising store mounts.
    Thank the gods we can't in Draenor, yet.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    It's already been discussed in the no flying thread. Why make another thread?

I don't care if we can fly or not as long as when wod is over i can fly in the zones
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Way to sell the Iron Skyreaver and Grinning Reaver while explicitly advertising their flight capabilities, and let's not forget the flying mount that came with the WoD Collector's edition...
    Sue them for false advertising..

Unless, of course, your claims are bullshit. Which I think you know that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    It's already been discussed in the no flying thread. Why make another thread?
    Sorry I didn't have the patience to search through the pages of the 1400+ page thread.

Why post in a thread you seem redundant just to state it's redundancy and bump it?

Thank god. Glad they're sticking to their guns on this. And happy the player base as a whole are seeing the advantages and opportunities no flight presents. My sympathies go out to the pro flyers, but this is the right thing for the game and ultimately, as fans of the game, we should all be supporters of its success and longevity going into the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad they are sticking their ground for once. I think they will add flying in 6.2 though if we get a new island. Flying in the old 6.0 zones. If we get Tanaan Jungle in 6.2 they likely never will add flying because its probably the only new zone we will get and its connected.

Deleted
    Sorry I didn't have the patience to search through the pages of the 1400+ page thread.

Why post in a thread you seem redundant just to state it's redundancy and bump it?
    Why would information that's only just recently come out require you to read 1400 pages? It'd be near the last pages lol.

No flying makes for the most engaging content ever. I feel like an explorer again! No more bee-lining from objective A to B.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooooooooot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Sue them for false advertising..

Unless, of course, your claims are bullshit. Which I think you know that they are.
    Everything I mentioned was true. They didn't do anything illegal, it's just not classy or an honest business practice.

Descriptions of Grinning Reaver:

Ready to fly!

Embrace your inner evil as you dart through the skies and skitter across the land on this primal prodigy.

Descriptions of Iron Skyreaver:

Ready to fly!

Bred for war by brutal Iron Horde beastmasters and girded for battle in black steel and smoldering flame, the monstrous Iron Skyreaver suffers only the most fearsome of masters to ride it. Like a blazing comet foretelling doom and fiery destruction, hurtle down from the heavens upon this epic mount to herald your own campaign of conquest!

Kind of hard to hurtle down from the heavens and dart through the skies these days amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Why would information that's only just recently come out require you to read 1400 pages? It'd be near the last pages lol.
    Seems a lot of people here didn't see it either. That's the issue with megathreads.
    Last edited by diddle; 2014-12-05 at 05:34 AM.

Here is hoping no flying the whole expansion

Everything I mentioned was true. They didn't do anything illegal, it's just not classy.

Descriptions of Grinning Reaver:

Ready to fly!

Embrace your inner evil as you dart through the skies and skitter across the land on this primal prodigy.

Descriptions of Iron Skyreaver:

Ready to fly!

Bred for war by brutal Iron Horde beastmasters and girded for battle in black steel and smoldering flame, the monstrous Iron Skyreaver suffers only the most fearsome of masters to ride it. Like a blazing comet foretelling doom and fiery destruction, hurtle down from the heavens upon this epic mount to herald your own campaign of conquest!
    I bet if you go to somewhere where flying is enabled.. they will fly. The problem is your unrealistic expectations.

Good. glad they stood their ground on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I bet if you go to somewhere where flying is enabled.. they will fly. The problem is your unrealistic expectations.
    The expectation to use a product's advertised ability in the very setting it was advertised with?

Good.

/10char

The expectation to use a product's advertised ability in the very setting it was advertised with?
    it has the ability to fly, just not in draenor. might as well get after them for advertising flying mounts in MoP when we couldn't fly in timeless isle/isle of thunder/dinoland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Thank god. Glad they're sticking to their guns on this. And happy the player base as a whole are seeing the advantages and opportunities no flight presents. My sympathies go out to the pro flyers, but this is the right thing for the game and ultimately, as fans of the game, we should all be supporters of its success and longevity going into the future.
    The player base hasn't been consulted and Blizzard is spouting shit when they talk about how players feel. How would they know? Seriously, how can they know how people feel? Forums? They're always said that forum posters aren't representative of the player base. Fan sites? Even less respresentative. What they hear when they play in chat? Yeah, that's representative of millions of people

Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about what players think. They never intended to reactivate flight and unless people leave, they won't. They were to chickenshit to outright state this before WoD and kept open the 6.1 return as a possibility but that was always a lie. Their reasons are bullshit, but it doesn't matter. They don't need reasons, they'll do what they want.

As for 'this is the right thing for the game' oh bullshit. Flying was in the game for 3/4 of its life. IF it was going to kill the game we wouldn't have celebrated it's 10th anniversary.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-12-05 at 05:39 AM.

Other than people with the justifiable World PvP argument, why else would you want flying to be eliminated?