Page 1 of 2
LastLast

That nerf to FoL to prot?

Come on FoL already sucked for prot http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15537213619

Deleted
    Think it was for pvp reasons. With supplication and selfless healer you can heal for 200k instant.

Prot doesn't have Supplication.

Never seen a 200k self heal EVER as Ret in WoD unless Lay of Hands.

That and it takes what? At least 15+ seconds to even get an instant cast flash of light?

Not understanding it, but it is what it is.

Supplication Ret only and selfless healer only adds % when healing others.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime I see anything about ret I just hold my breath. I feel like we are where we should be finally, please Blizzard have some sympathy lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slyforce View Post
    Think it was for pvp reasons. With supplication and selfless healer you can heal for 200k instant.
    So nerf Selfless Healer, then. I don't understand why in the world they would nerf base skills instead of talents, if the talents in question are causing the problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astry View Post
    That and it takes what? At least 15+ seconds to even get an instant cast flash of light?

Not understanding it, but it is what it is.
    Even just one stack is 35% faster (about 0.98 sec cast) and heals for 20% more. Two stacks is nearly instant (0.45 sec cast) and heals for 40% more, and isn't terribly hard to obtain. Since Ret's gonna be throwing judgements around constantly as part of their regular rotation, it's not really unrealistic to assume they'll always have at least one stack of SH running at once.

Though why you'd nerf the baseline skill instead of the talent, if the talent is the problem, I have no idea. People weren't complaining that Ret/Prot hardcasting FoL was healing for too much, were they? All the complaints I saw involved Selfless Healer.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Stupid nerf by blizzard, as others have said if the Ret heal with a certain [mandatory in reality for ret] talent and a passive were too op nerf the buff. And why nerf prot flash heal, my 638 prot heals for 10k It takes forever for me to heal myself up from low health.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciric-Wildhammer View Post
    Never seen a 200k self heal EVER as Ret in WoD unless Lay of Hands.
    Stack selfless healer, pop wings and crit. You'll get your 200k, easy. I've done 200k on myself.

It's really funny when I would FoL the tank and he'd ask if I used Lay on Hands when I'd actually healed him for well over my own health pool. If you have doubts about the need for this nerf on Ret spec Paladins, I assure you. It seems fair and possibly needed.

Still think they should have just nerfed the talent a bit, instead of the baseline skill.

18k heal when I have 220k+ unbuffed as ret is absolutely obnoxious when it costs as much mana as it does.

Wait, you have FoL as prot?

Quote Originally Posted by thumbwarriordx View Post
    Stack selfless healer, pop wings and crit. You'll get your 200k, easy. I've done 200k on myself.

It's really funny when I would FoL the tank and he'd ask if I used Lay on Hands when I'd actually healed him for well over my own health pool. If you have doubts about the need for this nerf on Ret spec Paladins, I assure you. It seems fair and possibly needed.
    You sir, are full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to amuse you I will tell you why. Selfless Healer only effects others. The most you will heal yourself for with FoL in Full PvP gear is around 41k with wings popped. Crit is nerfed to %150 in pvp. You can heal another with FoL for about 120k(crit) of you have 3 stacks of selfless healer. Most smart people in arenas focus on the Ret anyway and selfless healer can be purged. You sir should go find a top ranking Feral druid and duel him. Go look at those heals.

Deleted
    Why would u even cast FoL as prot? you trade 20% of a heal u should never cast for 25% more on a heal that u actually do use... so i dont understand why the complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciric-Wildhammer View Post
    You sir, are full of shit.
    That was a long explanation of why you haven't seen a 200k Flash of Light crit.

Outside in the world I have healed for 260k on my friend. I'm sure if I'd crit on a tank in Highmaul with pot-wings-trinket up I'd have seen a crit north of 400k.

That was a long explanation of why you haven't seen a 200k Flash of Light crit.

Outside in the world I have healed for 260k on my friend. I'm sure if I'd crit on a tank in Highmaul with pot-wings-trinket up I'd have seen a crit north of 400k.
    Try reading the rest of his post.

I did. We're clearly arguing different points.

I expect a more thorough rebalance of this stuff in a later patch. The 20% nerf might not be the end goal of this. It might just be the best thing they could and were willing to do in a hotfix.

The main problem here seems to have been that this came before feral nerfs, and on that note I'm totally on board.
    Last edited by thumbwarriordx; 2014-12-06 at 10:52 PM.

uuuh they nerfed feral heals already with the HotW nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astry View Post
    Still think they should have just nerfed the talent a bit, instead of the baseline skill.

18k heal when I have 220k+ unbuffed as ret is absolutely obnoxious when it costs as much mana as it does.
    That's better than the surging mist on my ww monk they nerfed our self healing hard this expansion. I surging mist on my ww monk heals like 13k. It's pathetic lol

As you can see. You said you "self" healed yourself for 200k. I will call you out for days on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    That's better than the surging mist on my ww monk they nerfed our self healing hard this expansion. I surging mist on my ww monk heals like 13k. It's pathetic lol
    I never not had a single problem with a monks healing. It is indeed low. Feral even after the nerf out heal the otherhand.. Add in the mobility and boom. Another factor people overlooked was they added HP to make up for resil. Their are classes that get increased HP and stack stam trinkets (DKs) Its like getting a natural resil for your class and healing yourself for a %hp is going to get out of hand.