Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixul View Post
    Uhh what fights are those? I havent encountered them.
    Last boss of Highmaul, for one.

A lot of people will hop to Fire/Arcane once those specs get buffs, which I expect shortly as numbers seem to be 96% Frost in raids. Those numbers alone will lead Blizzard to leaving Frost alone, as in the larger picture the real issue (in their eyes) at the moment is that Fire and Arcane are not viable.

So a month from now Fire/Arcane will be enjoying 75%+ of the player base and frost will still be same as it is today. I don't think we will be heard on the Frost front in the short term. Look at Comet Storm it is a no-brainer to fix; not only doesn't it compete with PC or TV, it also isn't even in the same ball park as Arcane Orb and Meteor; yet they have done squat to that spell since mid-Beta.

My list to tweaks for frost would be;

- fix Comet Storm
    - help cleave range of spitting ice
    - replace Improved Frostbolt perk with perk they removed that allowed an extra FoF proc to be "banked"

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    3. If you're going to increase frost bolt damage by 20%, you need to decrease something else. For example, Ice Lance damage also reduced by 20%.
    No, because frostbolt was nerfed shortly into prepatch. This is why our dps is so bursty, meaning that our dps starts high and then drops drastically because our filler spell sucks a fat one.

I sincerely doubt that you main a mage if you want ice lance's damage to be nerfed. If you want balancing, then I better nerfs to gladiator in the mmo champ notes right below it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    This isn't balancing, this is an outright buff to three frost mage spells. My opinions:

1. If you're going to reduce prismatic crystal's cooldown you have have to reduce the damage too. I would say what you've suggested would be good, but reduce the damage increase to 7%.

2. Splitting Ice Lance range buff is sorely needed, no arguments there.

3. If you're going to increase frost bolt damage by 20%, you need to decrease something else. For example, Ice Lance damage also reduced by 20%.
    1. Nobody said anything about reducing the cooldown, just removing it off the global cooldown, something which should have been done with all active talents. It makes sense to have GCD on rotational abilities within a 30 second cycle but not cooldowns of over a minute.

2. 20% FB is nothing and is pretty much needed for the downtime of no procs, which atm is a lot, they can compensate when it gets out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No it isn't. Frost is a raid spec and if you had raided in MoP at all you would know that.
    That's why a competent frost mage couldnt keep up with fire or arcane specs. I raid in a top 50 U.S. guild. You honestly don't know what you're talking about. This thread is a discussion to fix Frost for those saying that certain things would only be buffs to Frost. The issue with Frost is it's the only viable spec atm for a "glass cannon" class. It has high burst and quickly falls off, the end. It places 8th on dps charts by full mythic Ilvl. Which is where you see this spec every tier. It's not the best because of its kit. That will never change. Fire and Arcane will be receiving buffs. This is why it's good to read blue notes.

I don't dislike frost, but I do dislike Prismatic crystal. Luckily I ran some simulations and realized that the L100 tier gives so little damage increase overall and Prismatic crystal gives so little over Thermal void that you can just not use it and be absolutely fine. Thermal void in itself has some great synergy with your cooldowns and you can make Icy Veins last for a very long time with some FoF planning.

Frosts damage is absolutely fine, it may even scale a bit too well with gear. So the only problem people have with Frost is that it's the only choice. 2/3 of the specs are almost unusable in pre raid gear and that's never a fun place to be.

Prismatic Crystal is the bane of all the specs, so that either gets fixed(reinvitend) at some point or Blizzard will just say "fuck it, we don't care" like they did with the L90 talents in Mists. The L100 talent doesn't need a buff in damage to bring Frost up to bar with other specs because Frost is already doing perfectly fine. What it does need is a relevance buff, because it barely matters as a damage tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    I don't dislike frost, but I do dislike Prismatic crystal. Luckily I ran some simulations and realized that the L100 tier gives so little damage increase overall and Prismatic crystal gives so little over Thermal void that you can just not use it and be absolutely fine. Thermal void in itself has some great synergy with your cooldowns and you can make Icy Veins last for a very long time with some FoF planning.

Frosts damage is absolutely fine, it may even scale a bit too well with gear. So the only problem people have with Frost is that it's the only choice. 2/3 of the specs are almost unusable in pre raid gear and that's never a fun place to be.

Prismatic Crystal is the bane of all the specs, so that either gets fixed(reinvitend) at some point or Blizzard will just say "fuck it, we don't care" like they did with the L90 talents in Mists. The L100 talent doesn't need a buff in damage to bring Frost up to bar with other specs because Frost is already doing perfectly fine. What it does need is a relevance buff, because it barely matters as a damage tier.
    Something tells me you don't raid with competent raiders. That and Thermal Void is about a 2k dps loss over Prismatic Crystal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelexip View Post
    Something tells me you don't raid with competent raiders. That and Thermal Void is about a 2k dps loss over Prismatic Crystal.
    Its about 1.5k and that is when you play it perfectly. So difference might not actually be that huge if you are real unlucky with procs or you dont know how to play with crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You're greatly mistaken. Fire was fine until 5.1, at which point it was OP for 1.5 days and then completely gutted. It resurfaced in SoO mythic gear when you could get back to decent crit values
    Because every fight was totally patchwerk in ToT. Fire had mobility which made it the best spec, mobility that even Arcane numbers couldn't beat. Plus Fire AoE/Cleave were godlike.

Both Fire and Arcane were viable in ToT. Fire had decent cleave and mobility, whereas Arcane had very good multi-dot potential and sustained, non-RNG reliant damage. Fire would have continued to scale incredibly well into 5.4, but they nerfed Combustion by 30%. Fire still ended up being one of the highest DPS specs by the end of SoO.

I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen this expansion. Frost is performing well at low gear (as it always has), while Arcane and Fire are fairly unrepresented due to their dependency on gear. We'll see more of the other specs once we have the gear to sustain damage with them.

(Also, this thread title seems like something I'd see on Buzzfeed. I was half-expecting "Simcrafters HATE this" when I clicked on it.)

I HATE crystal. I hate it. I hate it. I HATE IT. But I use it, because it increases my damage. Sometimes.

After raiding a bit more I don't mind crystal. Mage is in a good spot now imo.

Deleted
    fyi frozen orb and PC shared a CD during the beta, but this was changed since it was too strong, especially with the frost set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Its about 1.5k and that is when you play it perfectly. So difference might not actually be that huge if you are real unlucky with procs or you dont know how to play with crystal.
    Or if you know how to play with crystal, but the boss is still moved away unexpectedly.....UGHHHGHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Roggan View Post
    Or if you know how to play with crystal, but the boss is still moved away unexpectedly.....UGHHHGHHHH
    Worst thing are tanks that slowly backpedal with sudden stops when they position a boss, so it takes them 5-10 seconds to position the boss where they want it. Fuckin rip trinkets and procs. Can't place crystal for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasard View Post
    Would just like a glyph that makes PC land on your target.
    the reason i have not even tried PC is because this doesnt exist, even with a glyph its still clunky, or just make it a moving target that follows your target when cast.