Thread: [Mage] Koragh

[Mage] Koragh

please explain in simple mage terms when to dps on this boss...I cannot for the life of me get more then 12 k deeps on this...

I save all CDs for the shield spawn
    I cast orb then place crystal then use MI cast a few procs

Run of to help with the adds with IN

Should I stay on on the boss until the shield drops and dps him when the shield drops...or do we dps the shield only?

Confused about this

You're doing more dps than your meter says. A log will show your real damage.

Ah ok but am I dosing at the right times ?..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobles View Post
    please explain in simple mage terms when to dps on this boss...I cannot for the life of me get more then 12 k deeps on this...

I save all CDs for the shield spawn
    I cast orb then place crystal then use MI cast a few procs

Run of to help with the adds with IN

Should I stay on on the boss until the shield drops and dps him when the shield drops...or do we dps the shield only?

Confused about this
    There is a reason he is called: Ko'ragh <Breaker of Magic>

Every mage and other magical damage dealer will have low dps according to various DPS meters but thats not the case at all. The boss absorb ur damage with his ability called Nullification Barrier

"Its magic damage absorption shield that Ko'ragh has on him at the start of the fight. It absorbs a massive amount of damage (which scales with your raid's size)."

As a magical damage dealer your job is to get his shield to 0 to trigger him to recharge his shield in the middle of the room where a player is entering the ring with him to gain the same shield to be able to soak orbs.

What i do is pop all my cooldowns and pre-pots during the pull to get his shield down as fast as possible by the time he goes to recharge his shield your cooldown should be up. Take this oppurtunity to DPS him HARD during the recharging phase with time warp & pot again together with all the CDs ur having his shield is down to 0 and all damage you do to him is not absorbed.
    Last edited by mmoc5468881126; 2014-12-05 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    I was surprised to see nothing on the damage meters at first, but it does make sense on this fight :P

1. NEVER look at the meters for this fight. If your Raid Leader or anyone ever asks why you're doing so little, tell them they're fucking retarded. (There's a reason physical-only specs like Feral and Warriors are on top while anyone with primarily magic damage are on the bottom) If they really don't know the primary mechanic of Ko'ragh, they shouldn't be in the raid. Really hope Skada/Recount fixes this as it's going to cause a LOT of bullshit kicks to casters in LFR (not that I care for me but for those trying to do LFR)

2. Are all the adds up and in a field? AoE them using IN/FO if they are. If they aren't, focus Ko'ragh.

3. Always attack Ko'ragh, regardless if his shield is up or down. Focus adds when they've all spawned. PS: Your entire raid should be on Ko'ragh until all the adds are up and managed by a tank in a field. If you don't, you'll spend an eternity on the boss.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Ironically, our raid leader did ask our magic users about their damage >_>

Deleted
    LAst night we had some goes at Ko'ragh and yeah my Skada was showing my dmg as almost non existent. But check these Logs.

Do as Polar said and you'll be golden. The streak of "Absorbed" combat lines is annoying and depressing, but ignore it. And turn Skada off for this fight.

Ty for responses I think I am better off now knowing when and what to dps