View Poll Results: Which Class do you personally find the most over powered for damage.

Voters
351. This poll is closed
  • Priest

12 3.42%
  • Death Knight

55 15.67%
  • Mage

12 3.42%
  • Hunter

129 36.75%
  • Warrior

30 8.55%
  • Rogue

18 5.13%
  • Druid

101 28.77%
  • Paladin

129 36.75%
  • Warlock

13 3.70%
  • Monk

57 16.24%
  • Shaman

16 4.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Hunters get a lot of heat because their Killshots pretty much delete people in execute range - and while a lot of execute spells hit hard, it's like a whole different league - people aren't used to having effectively 65% of their health pool - but that's how Killshot feels.
    yeah, it's more/less like a guaranteed execute crit and victory rush all rolled into one. dumb as hell.

i want execute to heal me when i kill ppl with it =(

shaman so OP that blizzard had to hotfix them out of Arenas, or they'll dominate everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

Deleted
    I lolled at monk votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    there is more Warriors than Ferals and just as many as Rets.
    There are as many warriors as ferals, yes, but not rets, and that difference becomes even more obvious if you extend past the top 100 (which is a very small sample size) to just 2k+, where there are almost as many rets as ferals and warriors combined. Sure, warriors are good, but they are not as good, and definitely not better.

Warlocks on the other hand I will give you are definitely up there with rets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fakie View Post
    There are as many warriors as ferals, yes, but not rets, and that difference becomes even more obvious if you extend past the top 100 (which is a very small sample size) to just 2k+, where there are almost as many rets as ferals and warriors combined. Sure, warriors are good, but they are not as good, and definitely not better.

Warlocks on the other hand I will give you are definitely up there with rets.
    warrior (arms) is definitely better cleave/rot/sustained/total damage done, but yes the burst is less. it's very different style than ret or feral. and it couples with warlock pretty nicely.

Deleted
    Windwalker Monks are f_ing terrifying right now. Hunters are way too easy to play for the damage output they give. Rogues seem pretty weak, which is sad. Warriors are okay for all the wrong reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Only problem I'm having is that without Lonewolf it hits for about 40k (assuming it crits), which with some proper learning is easily counterable by a defensive or just any healing in general and that's MM's bread and butter. It's only out of hand with Lonewolf. Honestly? I just wish Lonewolf would go up to like 35% and not affect Kill shot so Killshot doesn't get an unnecessary nerf. :/
    stop pvping naked

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    stop pvping naked
    Says the guy complaining about healers needing to be buffed. Those are real numbers in arena at full gear on both sides. That has a bit more credibility than "I die in every stun in BGs as a healer because I can't remotely play."

Feral because getting crit with FB in 1 hit for 1/3rd of your HP is fucking stupid. You can't see or prepare for the damage.

Monk damage is retarded when you can FoF anyone down with TEB from 100-0 if all FoFs crit/mult. But at least there's 2 million ways to stop Monks since they have to stand still and channel in melee for ~3.7 seconds where they can be CC'd or knocked back or stunned or ice nova'd and if you're not tunneling a Monk you're retarded.

Hunter damage is pretty absurd too. When you hit 35% you're pretty much dead.

Frost DK upfront burst is very good right now. My problem with DKs is mostly the fact they got deathstrike back so they can sustain in a fight without having to use major cooldowns.

I don't mind Paladin damage despite what everyone thinks their damage is like because dying in a 6sec stun with wings means their damage is op when almost anyone caught in a 5-6s stun while being bursted by any class is always going to die anyway. They bring decent damage enough to make a healer use their mana but their real damage is in wings and thats not even their real strength. A ret's strength is their utility and retarded offheals that burst heal better than actual god damn healers while also being nearly immune to CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral's / boomkins seem the highest to me :/

Does anyone have a video of killshot doing absurb damage?
    From my experience this week its not anywhere near as OP as people claim it to be. You know you're gonna get hit hard once you reach 35%, but thats about it... (this is in the range of 2100 in 3s atm from a DK pov).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Hunter damage is pretty absurd too. When you hit 35% you're pretty much dead.
    Kill shot should be re-named "money shot" because it usually means you are finished.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

I play hunter and voted hunter. MM does incredible burst with lone wolf. However unless you are very good at kiting then you are dead. I however love BM and I am extremely hard to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Combine that with Emancipate and all of the Hand's they have (Hand of Freedom Glyph reduces CC duration as well) and it's basically a Death Knight who's able to sprint (Long Arm of the Law).
    The main counterplay to ret's godlike burst in MoP was to CC them/kite... and then they go and nerf that counterplay, leaving rets free to burst without having to worry about cc as much.... what were they thinking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quitefrankly View Post
    From my experience this week its not anywhere near as OP as people claim it to be.
    How is having an execute that resets cooldown when it doesn't kill, costs no resource, and belongs to a class that crits a lot in the first place and is one of the highest sustained damage classes in the game not overpowered?

make it impossible for the ability to crit, then you'll have something to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    How is having an execute that resets cooldown when it doesn't kill, costs no resource, and belongs to a class that crits a lot in the first place and is one of the highest sustained damage classes in the game not overpowered?

make it impossible for the ability to crit, then you'll have something to talk about
    Only OP with Lonewolf which is probably one of the LEAST survivable dps in the game right now lol... Without lonewolf it hits for like 25-30k, crits 35-45k (variables) can be used twice when people are at 105k or less HP. Not at all an instant kill in Arenas.

Also, in arena our sustained is very easily messed up and our above 35% burst is meh and easily messed up as well. And MM is still a pretty squishy spec. Rets/Boomkin can do similar burst at any HP and is about 10x harder to kill lol.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that makes Ret's burst 'OP' is that it's not pathetically easy to CC them during it. It's no bigger or scarier than it ever was. It's just now you can't effortlessly avoid it. It's the same old thing though...whinging the second Ret isn't shit. Same with people bitching about boomkins. I swear if shamans were not garbage you people would groan and bitch about it too.

As for actually high damage, I'd say DK or hunters. Nobody seems to notice hunters because it's not unusual the past few years for them to not be shit. Mages and warriors are going mental because their classes aren't OP anymore. It's hilarious.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    The only thing that makes Ret's burst 'OP' is that it's not pathetically easy to CC them during it. It's no bigger or scarier than it ever was. It's just now you can't effortlessly avoid it. It's the same old thing though...whinging the second Ret isn't shit. Same with people bitching about boomkins. I swear if shamans were not garbage you people would groan and bitch about it too.

As for actually high damage, I'd say DK or hunters. Nobody seems to notice hunters because it's not unusual the past few years for them to not be shit. Mages and warriors are going mental because their classes aren't OP anymore. It's hilarious.
    Frost can still let out a pretty heft bite. I just don't really know why it swings so hard. Some mages are a joke and barely touch me. Others are fucking monsters. I feel like there's something some people just aren't doing, or maybe its a set up issue. But you're right, I keep hearing Warriors can chunk people down, I pretty much never see that.

Ret's more convenient in PVP, not having to worry about the buff Inquisition, and stacking the right buffs they are much more direct than they used to be. Plus with the removal of some CC and counter CC that 6 second stun means more than it used to on a short cooldown.

Hunter burst is okay, not nearly as crazy as people make it out to be (except with Lonewolf) but their survivability is pretty bad if you ask me. They do well with a healer around for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Frost can still let out a pretty heft bite. I just don't really know why it swings so hard. Some mages are a joke and barely touch me. Others are fucking monsters. I feel like there's something some people just aren't doing, or maybe its a set up issue.
    Abusing gimmicky Crystal bugs.