Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guild having trouble with Brackenspore

Are there any tips to make this fight easier? We have the mechanics down, for the most part, it's just when the moss is overwhelming us.. It's not like we do horrible DPS, every is averaging around 16 to 17K while some people are in the 19s and 20s.. Is the haste mushroom RNG, or can you get it to spawn in the same place every time? Because we were only getting 1 or 2 blue mushrooms a fight.. While in videos, I see the blue mushrooms spawning a bunch of times..
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2014-12-05 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Hi.

Assign two to use the flamethrowers. (We use two druids, 1 resto and 1 feral)

When you enter brackenspores site, you can see a big mushroom at the end of the room. The way we do it is like this:

I clear the left site of the mushroom (180) and our other druid clears the right site. (180)

By using (Dash,commanding roar, prefine swiftness(druid talent) this allows us to clear much more moss than other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they run into that amount of fungus which comes at the end of fight which acts as soft enrage when it will be close to impossible to remove it, due to it's fast growth.

We got only total of 2 or 3 haste shrooms, rest were healing one. So we got very close of wiping due to being overwhelmed by fungus. Here's our DPS numbers from the kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...J9pMC#fight=11 (Super and Trolla where on flamethrowers).

We started of being having our flamethrower people keeping the boss area + stacking/shroom area clear and if their flamethrower was not on CD they used it to get rid of the rest as well. By the end of the fight we had both flamethrowers on CD and just had barely enough juice left to keep boss/raid stack cleared more or less. So in the end part of the fight just keep one area clear and specially focus on keeping the fungus away from under the boss. That's all you can do on top of more DPS to end it sooner.

Most of the videos up were from Beta, so the encounter and shroom spawns got tuned abit and I guess that's why you feel that you are getting less Blue Shrooms. Your healer just have to do everything they can to keep the Shrooms up as long as possible.

Also you can try and manage your flamethrower better, by hitting the ESC-key when you are channeling the flame to cut it out when you need to move, so you wouldn't over heat it that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I think they run into that amount of fungus which comes at the end of fight which acts as soft enrage when it will be close to impossible to remove it, due to it's fast growth.

We got only total of 2 or 3 haste shrooms, rest were healing one. So we got very close of wiping due to being overwhelmed by fungus. Here's our DPS numbers from the kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...J9pMC#fight=11 (Super and Trolla where on flamethrowers).

We started of being having our flamethrower people keeping the boss area + stacking/shroom area clear and if their flamethrower was not on CD they used it to get rid of the rest as well. By the end of the fight we had both flamethrowers on CD and just had barely enough juice left to keep boss/raid stack cleared more or less. So in the end part of the fight just keep one area clear and specially focus on keeping the fungus away from under the boss. That's all you can do on top of more DPS to end it sooner.

Most of the videos up were from Beta, so the encounter and shroom spawns got tuned abit and I guess that's why you feel that you are getting less Blue Shrooms. Your healer just have to do everything they can to keep the Shrooms up as long as possible.

Also you can try and manage your flamethrower better, by hitting the ESC-key when you are channeling the flame to cut it out when you need to move, so you wouldn't over heat it that often.
    So after the mushroom is up, it's a good idea to have the healers to keep throwing heals on it? Also, for the large add, did you have all DPS focus it or did you split your DPS so some were on the boss and some were on the add?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So after the mushroom is up, it's a good idea to have the healers to keep throwing heals on it? Also, for the large add, did you have all DPS focus it or did you split your DPS so some were on the boss and some were on the add?
    Our OT picked up the big add. Brought him over to the MT and we simply cleaved him down. Tbh there is no stress to bring that add down just make
    sure his ability "decay" (if I recall right) needs to be interrupted. I was on interrupt duty together with the OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalot View Post
    Our OT picked up the big add. Brought him over to the MT and we simply cleaved him down. Tbh there is no stress to bring that add down just make
    sure his ability "decay" (if I recall right) needs to be interrupted. I was on interrupt duty together with the OT.
    Thanks! Our guild was pulling all the DPS off the boss and onto the add until it died.. That would explain why our best attempt after 5 minutes was only 30%.. LOL So just pull the add to the boss, interrupt decay and let DoTs/Cleave kill it off? I will suggest that on our next raid night.

So after the mushroom is up, it's a good idea to have the healers to keep throwing heals on it?
    Yes, of course. Keeping the mushrooms alive as long as possible - especially blue ones - is the single most important part of the fight.

You can basically never miss a blue and you can't let blues die early. Blues are the key to killing the boss before the moss overwhelms you.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL So just pull the add to the boss, interrupt decay and let DoTs/Cleave kill it off? I will suggest that on our next raid night.
    Depends a lot on how much cleave/DoT damage you've got but honestly probably not. The adds have massive health pools and if two are up at once, it's a wipe.

There is of course no one "right" way to do it but you do have to make sure they die. I don't think cleave/DoT will reliably be enough, but again it depends on your raid comp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Yes, of course. Keeping the mushrooms alive as long as possible - especially blue ones - is the single most important part of the fight.

You can basically never miss a blue and you can't let blues die early. Blues are the key to killing the boss before the moss overwhelms you.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends a lot on how much cleave/DoT damage you've got but honestly probably not. The adds have massive health pools and if two are up at once, it's a wipe.

There is of course no one "right" way to do it but you do have to make sure they die. I don't think cleave/DoT will reliably be enough, but again it depends on your raid comp.
    Use CDs on the shrooms. Glyphed Guardian Spirit FTW!

Posting this from elsewhere but...

Pretty much comes down to the healers. They should have no issues keeping up one blue mushroom close to until the NEXT blue shroom comes (which is a while).

For normal / heroic, don't bother moving the boss for green if you have a blue shroom. Healers should not have an issue healing a raid up from infesting spores.

If you keep that bloodlust buff up the whole fight, it ends so fast that nothing is hard about it. You still kill the peashooters and intercept any hits they throw. But make sure your healers are spamming the blue shroom so hard such that it lasts up until the next blue shroom lands. If a green shroom lands during a blue shroom, don't bother moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalot View Post
    Our OT picked up the big add. Brought him over to the MT and we simply cleaved him down. Tbh there is no stress to bring that add down just make sure his ability "decay" (if I recall right) needs to be interrupted. I was on interrupt duty together with the OT.
    Is this true? The Wowhead strategy calls for him to be burned down: "When there are multiple adds alive, players should focus on killing the Fungal Flesh-Eaters, who deal heavy tank damage, cast a dangerous Decay ability that must always be interrupted, and steadily grow more powerful by accumulating stacks of Flesh Eater."

Also, under the dps instructions the 1st item is: "■All DPS should kill Fungal Flesh-Eaters quickly to avoid them reaching high stacks of Flesh Eater"

We struggled with this fight in our pseudo-PuG last night but I think our problem was more related to having low dps. We had 11+ dpsers and none of them were over 18k, some as low as 10k.
    Last edited by Vultana; 2014-12-05 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

How many people are you bringing?

The way Brackenspore is tuned it seems to be close to broken when you have fewer people in the raid. Losing 2 dps when there are 10-14 people is a much bigger deal than losing 2 dps when you have 30 people. Just adding 5-6 dps even without adding healers made the fight easier, from what I gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonautt View Post
    Is this true?.
    No, it's not really true. I missed that part or I would have responded. There is pressure to kill the Fungal Flesh Eaters. They spawn on a timer. If they're not dead by the time the next one spawns, your raid is dead. And pure cleave damage might not cut it depending on your raid make-up.

You want to keep that blue mushroom alive as long as possible. There isn't a lot of healing that needs to go out during the fight, so healers should be able to keep the blue mushroom up for quite some time. Not sure if it was helping or not, but we were throwing cooldowns like Hand of Sac on it in a rotation as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonautt View Post
    Is this true? The Wowhead strategy calls for him to be burned down: "When there are multiple adds alive, players should focus on killing the Fungal Flesh-Eaters, who deal heavy tank damage, cast a dangerous Decay ability that must always be interrupted, and steadily grow more powerful by accumulating stacks of Flesh Eater."

Also, under the dps instructions the 1st item is: "■All DPS should kill Fungal Flesh-Eaters quickly to avoid them reaching high stacks of Flesh Eater"

We struggled with this fight in our pseudo-PuG last night but I think our problem was more related to having low dps. We had 11+ dpsers and none of them were over 18k, some as low as 10k.
    If you had dps doing 10k, then there's a major issue there. Even without the blue mushroom, 10k is an unacceptably low number. They should be A LOT higher.

Looking at our logs, Fungal Flesh Eaters spawn at 2 minute intervals and have ~12M health.

So you need to pump at least 100k DPS into them. Not sure how realistic that is with "just cleaves."

(We had 28 people).

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Looking at our logs, Fungal Flesh Eaters spawn at 2 minute intervals and have ~12M health.

So you need to pump at least 100k DPS into them. Not sure how realistic that is with "just cleaves."

(We had 28 people).
    We had everyone turn and burn them when they spawned, which didn't take very long because blue mushrooms. It's best to just remove them from the picture ASAP and then tunnel the boss until the next one spawns.

We got it in two attempts on heroic. On second attempt we never popped the green mushroom early; we kept it at 80% until spores and then pushed it over during spores. Once spores had concluded we just let it go. This way we were never without it's healing for spores.

We ignored the pulsing aoe brown shrooms unless they spawned in the raid or close to a beneficial shroom. Allowed us to apply some more dps to the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    We got it in two attempts on heroic. On second attempt we never popped the green mushroom early; we kept it at 80% until spores and then pushed it over during spores. Once spores had concluded we just let it go. This way we were never without it's healing for spores.
    This is how you should do it. Thats the moment you need heals and green mushroom heals a lot. Melee killed add and interrupt it and ranged just cleaved it. Hunters intercept shootters and when blue mushroom was up we did bring add and/or boss near it so melee can benefit from it too.

Edit: Also when that bad mushroom spawned we ignored/DoT it down if it wasnt near our group or good mushrooms. Similar to Garrosh weapons where you just dotted weapon down

The fungal flesh eater respawn timer depend on when the last one was killed. So save the blue mushroom for damaging the boss, also remember that you can and should heal the mushroom to extend the period. Putting in the damage between the fungal flesh eaters is important, actually taking it down is not that important except for the damage buff it receives which with even mediocre interrupt coordination should not be a problem.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    we had a small problem on brackenspore last night also with my guild, me assigned 2 ranged dps to the flamethrowers, after a small while we realised that just wasn't good enough. we reassigned the flamethrowers to 2 resto druids, one being myself and the other being my co healer for the resto druids, we had 27 people in the raid total, after a few pulls with myself and the other druid burning moss, it was becoming slightly easier, we then decided to cut down the raid size.
    we took, the top 10 dps, the tanks, and the 4 top healers (not counting me or my fellow druid, we were bottom of charts because we focused the moss) after this, we pulled yet again, wiped. upon second pull we managed to down brackenspore, my thoughts is, if you have a huge group, and some people lack the ilevel (we had a few people under 630) get rid of those and start again with people with the higher ilevels.