Deleted

Efficient and good rogue leveling spec from 90-100?

Hey guys im a new rogue and im kinda looking for whats the ''best'' leveling spec from 90 to 100 out there right now, assasination looks good haven't tried others.

Deleted
    I leveled as assassination and liked it.
    Here are some general tips (for all 3 specs I guess):

- Glyph of Deadly Momentum
    With this you only have to apply SnD and Recuperate once. Very good for leveling

-Marked for death
    This one is amazing for leveling. Instant 5 cp on every mob

-Cloak and dagger + subterfuge
    I loved having this while leveling. The range on the TP from cloak and dagger is huge and the CD is short enough that it will be up again after each mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Banrak View Post
    I leveled as assassination and liked it.
    Here are some general tips (for all 3 specs I guess):

- Glyph of Deadly Momentum
    With this you only have to apply SnD and Recuperate once. Very good for leveling

-Marked for death
    This one is amazing for leveling. Instant 5 cp on every mob

-Cloak and dagger + subterfuge
    I loved having this while leveling. The range on the TP from cloak and dagger is huge and the CD is short enough that it will be up again after each mob.
    Pretty much this. It's really going to come to weapons, though. I'm leveling as assassination mostly because I like the feel of it more, and my daggers are better than my non-daggers.

Deadly Momentum is basically mandatory, MFD/CnD/Subterfuge are extremely helpful when questing, it will make you fly through things (don't look at my talents, i'm doing mostly BGs atm).
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Overall I'd rather have BoS, since its uses work for both travelling between lootable objects as well as mobs. You can't CnD objects.

Depends on your gear. I would definitely recommend playing what you enjoy, although making sure you pick up the Stealth and Deadly momentum glyphs, spec into Cloak and dagger and Marked for death.

With the 2 second cooldown on Stealth you're able to teleport to and one/two-shot mobs with ambush->MfD eviscerates. I'd recommend to go combat, assuming your weapons aren't totally awful, as your cooldowns are so short due to MfD spam and that makes you able to pull large packs of mobs to be instantly dealth with.

I will re-iterate what I have said in other threads of this ilk…

Combat works for me (all I ever play, I DID try Sub for a spell, but went back to Combat). I did the Deadly Momentum thing while leveling in MoP, but I find I dod not need it this time around. I started out the whole leveling process with caution, pulling one or two mobs at a time and dealing with them. Easy peasy… So then I started pulling larger groups, like 5 to 7 mobs at a time, that 4-piece bonus and the Blade Flurry/Killing Spree combo was just WRECKING stuff…!

But then I realized that I needed to start Pick Pocketing the mobs so I could do that deal with Griftah. So back to one mob at a time; Stealth, Shadowstep, Stun, Pick Pocket (Auto Loot), Marked for Death, Ambush (I would generate another 5 combo points, I guess from Anticipation?), Eviscerate, and then the mob was dead. Sometimes a Sinister Strike or two was needed to finish the mob off, if so I would just dump those combo points into Slice & Dice. Then loot the mob & on to the next…!

For me, it was the combination of Combat, the T16 4-piece bonus & my two Heirloom axes (started as Heroic & Mythic items) that carried me through to level 100.

I took two weeks to level to cap, just playing on the weekends & a little each weeknight, running my Garrison as well, and working on leveling up new professions (which I am getting ready to change AGAIN). When I hit 100, I also got the OVER 9000 achievement, so that was kinda cool to see them both roll across the screen…!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kikuhawki View Post
    Hey guys im a new rogue and im kinda looking for whats the ''best'' leveling spec from 90 to 100 out there right now, assasination looks good haven't tried others.
    Here is the honest response your probably don't want to read.

They are all good for leveling. Just pick one that you enjoy most. I was sub until 94 then went to sin. Combat was too slow to my liking.

The most important part of leveling spec boils down to glyphs like recommended above.

Deleted
    They are all good.
    Combat and Sub have strong CDs which are good for questing, because of all the breaks between your fights (while they recharge). Assa is very straight forward and has very good and quick single target damage.
    Marked for Death is the best talent for questing and Burst of Speed in combination with Shadow Focus is perma sprint, which is invaluable. You often don't even need to mount for quite some time because sprinting everywhere is faster.