Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How the hell are people getting so many follower upgrade items?

As far as I understand, there's only three sources of these: missions, bunker/mill, and salvage. I have been making maximum possible use of all three since day one and I simply don't get anywhere near enough upgrade items to "keep up."

Most of my friends have multiple ilvl 655 followers and a bunch around 640. I have two at 645, one at 640, and then some in the 620-30ish range. I simply have not received any more upgrade items than that.

Missions that reward follower upgrades, I get maybe one every three days. Salvage crates contain them maybe one in twenty times. The bunker gives iron horde scrap 95% of the time. I don't feel like I'm failing to take advantage of some source of them, nor am I playing too little (trust me).

What the hell is going on?

Deleted
    rng being rng, i guess. all sources are very much affected by rng so you can get fucked up pretty badly. the crates are the worst, since the number you get can vary greatly (sometimes i get like 1-2 out of 10+ missions), and then the upgrade drop is rng too. the bunker is a bit more steady because there's only one rng element in it, but it is also very slow.

Do your friends have jobs (not meant rude) but to be able to play the whole day = far more missions done = more salvage etc

I think not to many people have several 655 followers at this point btw

I have less geared followers than you, yet I feel it's been a fine pace. Admittedly there could be more sources for the stuff.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    You must be getting unlucky with salvage crates because it is far more than 1 in 20.
    I would say my odds are definitely better than 1 in 5 - and sometimes that item is a set of 615, or even 630 armor/weapons which makes the process an absolute ton easier. I also get at least one, often two missions/day that reward them.

So either you're not opening as many boxes as your friends are, or you're simply getting unlucky with the RNG

Yeah, you might want to consider how many of your friends have much more time to play than you. I have a few that are far ahead of me, and when I check the battle.net launcher friend list in the middle of the day at work, they're all online... sooo.. yeah. Not much I can do about that. Then again I don't have a war mill, so I am slightly gimping myself. But I think a large amount of time to play and keep missions rolling (or even, a job that is loose enough to allow you to check your garrison at work) is a bigger factor. That salvage is OP (Blizz even mentioned in the QA).
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like im being overwhelmed with them, part of that is probably because i always forget to use them so they just sit in my bags. i still think i get a lot though

Salvage crates, missions, bunker for me. I have 3 sitting around 650 ilvl and a couple around 630-640.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Salvage yard yields far more than the other two sources... Not sure if its just an oversight or what.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does having more time to play have to do with it? I have a full time job that's 8 hours a day plus 1 hour travelling time each way, and I have the moment 5 epic followers that are 645 ilvl with couple more epic/rare's that are 615-630, with a few enhancements in my bags, people need to stop spouting utter crap seriously, its all down to RNG, people need to accept it, some days I get shit amount of crates and the war mill produces shit, then other days I get a influx of crates and the war mill goes bat shit crazy with the upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokkie View Post
    What does having more time to play have to do with it? I have a full time job that's 8 hours a day plus 1 hour travelling time each way, and I have the moment 5 epic followers that are 645 ilvl with couple more epic/rare's that are 615-630, with a few enhancements in my bags, people need to stop spouting utter crap seriously, its all down to RNG, people need to accept it, some days I get shit amount of crates and the war mill produces shit, then other days I get a influx of crates and the war mill goes bat shit crazy with the upgrades.
    Because if you have follower sub 100 (at least one 90-94 and one 95-100) you will get so many missions, that you can start new ones all 3-4 hours. This will net you a lot more salvage boxes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Because if you have follower sub 100 (at least one 90-94 and one 95-100) you will get so many missions, that you can start new ones all 3-4 hours. This will net you a lot more salvage boxes.
    I don't even know what to reply to your post.... I was merely stating that having a job has no effect on getting upgrades, as I just pointed out if you bothered to read my post. RNG is RNG.

What? So you don't think being able to continually complete 30 minute - 1 hour missions, rather than have them sit and wait 8-10 hours while you are at work/traveling for you to complete them and start more 30 minute - 1hr missions, to get more salvage, wouldn't have ANY impact?

Think about it. I get home and complete my 6 missions or whatever I was able to queue up from the morning before work. But some of those missions have been sitting completed for 8-9 hours maybe. If I had completed them and started new missions when they actually finished, I could have done so many more. It might be less punishing if longer missions were more rewarding in terms of salvage, but as far as anyone has reported or noticed, this is not the case. Being able to roll quick missions all day would be extremely beneficial to your followers ilvl.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    What? So you don't think being able to continually complete 30 minute - 1 hour missions, rather than have them sit and wait 8-10 hours while you are at work/traveling for you to complete them and start more 30 minute - 1hr missions, to get more salvage, wouldn't have ANY impact?

Think about it. I get home and complete my 6 missions or whatever I was able to queue up from the morning before work. But some of those missions have been sitting completed for 8-9 hours maybe. If I had completed them and started new missions when they actually finished, I could have done so many more. It might be less punishing if longer missions were more rewarding in terms of salvage, but as far as anyone has reported or noticed, this is not the case. Being able to roll quick missions all day would be extremely beneficial to your followers ilvl.

I never said that at all. nor am i disputing that, what i am disputing is your comment, you are the one saying that because people have more time to play that's the reason they are so far ahead, I was merely stating that it is possible to still have a job and work nearly half the day, and sleep, and still have many geared followers, which brings me to the conclusion of my point, random is random regardless of how much time you play.

I never said that at all. nor am i disputing that, what i am disputing is your comment, you are the one saying that because people have more time to play that's the reason they are so far ahead, I was merely stating that it is possible to still have a job and work nearly half the day, and sleep, and still have many geared followers, which brings me to the conclusion of my point, random is random regardless of how much time you play.
    Right... and they could be more geared, if you could play more often. You would get more opportunities for "random is random" if you could play more often. More rolls of the dice, more salvage, more follower upgrades. Good RNG could certainly factor into someone being further ahead, but that is not in anyone's control. Having more time to play would absolutely, unarguably be a factor.

I am not trying to insult anyone who has too much or too little time to play. Everyone has different circumstances, I've had periods of time where I could play all the time, periods of time where I could barely play at all. There is nothing necessarily inherently wrong with either situation. But acting like it's solely up to RNG is ridiculous.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

I'm drowning in upgrades from missons, war mill and salvage yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    As far as I understand, there's only three sources of these: missions, bunker/mill, and salvage. I have been making maximum possible use of all three since day one and I simply don't get anywhere near enough upgrade items to "keep up."

Most of my friends have multiple ilvl 655 followers and a bunch around 640. I have two at 645, one at 640, and then some in the 620-30ish range. I simply have not received any more upgrade items than that.

Missions that reward follower upgrades, I get maybe one every three days. Salvage crates contain them maybe one in twenty times. The bunker gives iron horde scrap 95% of the time. I don't feel like I'm failing to take advantage of some source of them, nor am I playing too little (trust me).

What the hell is going on?

Sounds like pretty bad RNG mate. Granted, I don't have any high ilvl followers, but at the same time I haven't gotten the war mill until today (Kept barracks, and used stables for mounts instead), and I'm not getting the salvage yard for a few more days since im super slow at questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    use the weapon set/upgrade wisely: upgrade only followers after 630 ilvl (single weapon or armor, not combined ilvl), otherwise let them sit at 615

if you want an even more long term solution, only use sets and keep upgrades in bank until next patch :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    But acting like it's solely up to RNG is ridiculous.

You could sit at home all day do 50 missions and get 1 crate, or set 10 missions up and go to work and get 5 crates when you come home. not really so ridiculous is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just takes time. Barracks, Bunker and level 3 salvage yard are the main things. Currently resource capped, looking for ways to spend it, not really finding any. Current roster of followers are ilvl 654, 651, 649, 648, 645, 645, 642, 640, 631, 631, 630, etc. The trinket I'm wearing is from the last boss in Highmaul and it's warforged, got it on a mission before Highmaul was even out, lol. 645 epic boots, 651 warforged shoulders with all crit, missed 645 bracers and about to finish a 645 chest mission. So it's definitely worth the time, just have to keep at it. Get the addons Garrison Mission Manager and Master Plan. They help a ton.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy