Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So apparently paternity tests are pretty much banned in France.

Wait, and women are the oppressed ones?

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rig...ternity-tests/

In theory, paternity tests are still legal, but only under a court order, with the explicit consent of the mother and under a strict supervision by the State. Annually, the French courts issue roughly 1500 orders for paternity tests. 1500 – that’s it! And the number is going down as the courts become more and more reluctant to issue such orders.

So this is it: if you are, let’s say, a white French man and you don’t trust your white wife’s words that the semi-Asian child is indeed yours – then tough luck! If she doesn’t consent to a paternity test and the state says that you should “man up” and pay, then that’s it.

lmao this is just as bad as the whole name on birth certificate = child payment for life regardless if the child is yours. what is wrong with this world? ok i get it, children needs parents, but we shouldn't force that upon somebody that has no children... common fucking sense

I think the best way for us to change this is for all of us to move to France and start making babies with married women. The outcry of injustice will hopefully make them see reason and change their ways.

WHO'S WITH ME!??!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Can you post a link from a source that isn't screaming "Men's Rights" everywhere? I'd like to get the actual story and not read bitching.
    If you speak french or use google translate, http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affich...Texte=20130209
    http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affich...egorieLien=cid

Have skimmed over the translated version of the articles it references but it only says parent-child relation, it doesn't mention any gender but that non state mandated tests are banned and punishable. I don't know if there's more to it than that so don't take my word on it. Could be google translate giving it a different wording but that i do not know.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-12-05 at 02:41 PM.

French psychologists suggest that fatherhood is determined by society not by biology
    I've seen this being flung around. And I know more than a couple french people that actually believe fatherhood is exclusively a social construct (lol). But I haven't been able to determine which psychologists endorse that view.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    So, this:

French psychologists suggest that fatherhood is determined by society not by biology
    Does that mean if you knock a chick up after a one nighter, you have grounds to not be forced to pay child support?
    I'm sure some lawyer somewhere is going to take a shot if they haven't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If you speak french or use google translate, http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affich...Texte=20130209
    http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affich...egorieLien=cid

Have skimmed over the translated version of the articles it references but it only says parent-child relation, it doesn't mention any gender but that non state mandated tests are banned and punishable. I don't know if there's more to it than that so don't take my word on it. Could be google translate giving it a different wording but that i do not know.
    15 000 Euro and/or imprisonment!? Jesus fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Can you post a link from a source that isn't screaming "Men's Rights" everywhere? I'd like to get the actual story and not read bitching.
    Why? It would seem they are an alien concept.

Deleted
    I don't quite understand this, isn't pretty much the exact same as you usually do to dispute a child being yours, going through the justice system?

Wait, doesn't this go the same way around? A woman that would want to know if the dad is actually the dad, would also need to get his consent for a DNA profiling?
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2014-12-05 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    15 000 Euro and/or imprisonment!? Jesus fuck.
    Yup, quite a hefty sum for such an offense, although I don't see where the whole gender spin on it is coming from given the way its worded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Yup, quite a hefty sum for such an offense, although I don't see where the whole gender spin on it is coming from given the way its worded.
    Its inherent in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I don't quite understand this, isn't pretty much the exact same as you usually do to dispute a child being yours, going through the justice system?
    In the UK it tends to be done on some trashy day-time TV talk-show.

Deleted
    So basically you can't solicit an independent paternity test and have to go through the courts to get one.

'amagad wimmins sturp urpressing ma rites'
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2014-12-05 at 04:03 PM.

Dump her, legally for anyone to force you to pay for a child, they also need to prove you are the parent of the said child and that's when you get a free order for paternity test.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why? It would seem they are an alien concept.
    Since you put male circumcision as more important than FGM, I think anyone here should take anything you say with a grain of salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know so many women who would jump all over this and move to France, fuck 50 guys til she gets pregnant and tell some unlucky scrub it's his. This is not gonna end well...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I know so many women who would jump all over this and move to France, fuck 50 guys til she gets pregnant and tell some unlucky scrub it's his. This is not gonna end well...
    If I were the judge in that case I'd go "lawl get tested or else you lose the case"

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    So basically you can't solicit an independent paternity test and have to go through the courts to get one.
    I don't know French law, but where I'm at if you're married at the time of the child's birth (and good luck getting divorced during a pregnancy) your name typically goes on the birth certificate, and you must have some solid damn proof to get the court to order a test, the most common proof being paying for an independent test from a handful of agencies, then using that to get a court mandated one, I can understand people having qualms with it.
    Given it claims only 1500 were issues in the country last year, I'm willing to bet my state alone probably had more then that, I can understand people being a bit bothered by the difficulty in proving themselves not responsible for such a burden if they are not responsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    That's nothing but an exaggeration. Women aren't out in masses to get impregnated by men they don't even know or want kids with.

This seems like a rather absurd business model but ok sure.

Unrelated: ugh AVoiceForMen