Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You're not supposed to deal with the world. No individual is supposed to put that responsibility on oneself. You have to remember that the ugly and crazy that you witness now is the same ugly and crazy that our parents lived through and their parents before them. The ugly has always been there. The only difference is that our generation has been awarded front row seats to the freak show through the amazing gift/curse that is the internet. And trust me when I say this. Nobody should have to see and deal with half of the fucked up shit that we get to see through the internet on a daily basis. Ignorance is truly bliss.

I'm going to prescribe some advise for you. Stay clear of the Internet, TV and Media for one or two weeks. Just unplug everything that connects you to the world and relax for a few weeks. The world isn't your problem, it's okay to be selfish and take care of yourself every once in a while.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sleep....
    You cared enough to post.

Google my location.

No matter how bad the day, that's my view on the walk home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just focus on what's in front of me and blank out all the crazy stuff. I love playing video games and it's my one true passion so I just mainly think about that all day like what I'm going to play when I get out of work or thinking about the new game that's coming out soon, following up on video game news and al that nice stuff. Watching movies is another great way to find peace of mind. Watch a good movie or two and get immersed in a good sci-fi/fantasy movie or watch a comedy. Surround yourself with the stuff YOU enjoy and the world becomes a peaceful place even though we really know it's a shitfest going on out there. All the killings that happen, wars, kidnapping, and robberies, all that stuff I just blank out and ignore. No point in getting yourself worried about something you're not able to do anything about.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-12-05 at 07:48 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    To answer your post.. You don't deal with it. You just live you life in your own bubble like everyone else, where yourself and those you care about are your biggest concern. You can't go around trying to absorb all the bad shit in the world, it's not constructive and it'd drive anyone nuts. Do good where you can, and by all means pay attention to what's going on, but don't let it all get to you. If that doesn't work for you, get into philosophy and see if you can't change your perspective, or find some place to vent (forums, friends, yelling in the woods, whatever).

As for the title, it depends. Going out with friends and having a couple of trips a year is usually enough to unwind from whatever might be bothering me. Day to day I don't feel the need tbh.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-12-05 at 08:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Currently my only solace is on the computer sitting on my giant bean bag in front of my big screen playing WoW. My only real get-away is work.
    Since I have small children I cannot escape anything. Not that I want to, but we all need a break.

When I was younger and lived in AZ my favorite thing to do was roll a bunch of joints and drive to the Hualapai Mountains or down to Laughlin, NV. I also used to spend alot of time on Lake Mead. Good times.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted
    To be honest, I can't handle the world, because I am trying to handle the world.

My shower, I love a good long steamy 40 minute shower.