[Mage] What I would like to see

Honestly none of these changes are unreasonable in my opinion. Thoughts?

MAGE

FROST
    -Frost fire Bolt damage reduced by 15%
    -Ice Lance damage reduced by 15%
    -Frostbolt damage increased by 30%
    -comet now does full damage to every enemy hit

ARCANE
    -Evocation cool down reduced to 45 seconds (cool down unchanged in battlegrounds and arenas)
    -Arcane Barrage damage increased by 200%
    -Arcane orb grants 2 stacks per hit
    -Arcane blast mana cost reduced by 15%

FIRE
    -Heating up buff no longer has a duration
    -damage increased by 15% for 20 sec when heating up and pyroblast! Are both active.
    -pyroblast damage reduced by 10%
    -fireball damage increased by 75%
    Last edited by Deftinwolf; 2014-12-05 at 05:25 PM.

No, just no. Specially those things to fire and frost. Frost would be utterly shit after those changes and fire would be way too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    No, just no. Specially those things to fire and frost. Frost would be utterly shit after those changes and fire would be way too good.

I disagree. The changes I propose to frost are simply to normalize the dps. To cut down the burst and give us a better steady dps. Maybe even reduce damage on our proceed spells but increase proc rate?

And the fire changes, honestly I feel STILL wouldn't be enough to make them viable in pve. Maybe a little better.
    Last edited by Deftinwolf; 2014-12-05 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that -15% of two spells doesn't add up to +30% of another spell right? it ain't that simple.

There's base dmg difference, crit multiplier + crit chance differences and so on.

Also procs should be higher then base spells otherwise if your base spell is higher we can get to a point we don't even press procs due to being less dmg per global and so on.

Yea I thought about the increasing of procs. I added it to my previous post. Even with the damage reduction I posted, with the increased proc chance, those spells would still be casted constantly because of the heavy movement. Frost needs help with the MINUTES of boss fights where you are slinging the pukest Frostbolts in wow history

Given that frostbolt was 20% of my damage on butcher last night a 30% frostbolt buff would only be a 6% total damage buff. Reverting the 20% MoP need would make it a 4% buff and would not put us in the top 5 PvE damage specs.

+1 for effort but this is perciscly why tuning specs is so hard ice lance does most of our dps so we would get nerfed alot and that frost bolt buff would make it hit for like 12k which is fine but then ice lance would hit for 23kish rather than 27kish frost would be dead and fire would be king not that im sad about it but yea class balancing is equivalent to trying to keep a wife happy its darn near impossible and even when you do dont be surprised to ge some complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    +1 for effort but this is perciscly why tuning specs is so hard ice lance does most of our dps so we would get nerfed alot and that frost bolt buff would make it hit for like 12k which is fine but then ice lance would hit for 23kish rather than 27kish frost would be dead and fire would be king not that im sad about it but yea class balancing is equivalent to trying to keep a wife happy its darn near impossible and even when you do dont be surprised to ge some complaints.
    I feel ya. I'm just frustrated because I love Mages alot and we are almost where shaman were two weeks ago. Maybe if we just cry as much as they did?

Based on the comments of this thread. Apparently people want increased proc chance with a 50+% increase on frostbolt. With no reduction to anything else? It seems like a little much, but we are quite a ways behind

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly though, I think the arcane changes I posted would be great. Maybe not #1 dps, but at least viable

Quote Originally Posted by Deftinwolf View Post
    Honestly though, I think the arcane changes I posted would be great. Maybe not #1 dps, but at least viable
    Except for the Evo CD, that would be a really amazing change to have. One of the big problems we are having right now is that the burn phase has a variable length, so your first Evo could be 40s after your AP is used, meaning that regardless of AP coming up at 90s, you have to wait on your Evo CD regardless making AP more af a between 90 and 120s CD rather than a 90s CD like it is seemingly intended to be, it makes for too much variation in CD timings, which is very important for planning out how to do a fight. I am not a fan of most of the suggestions posted here, as I don't think many of them will solve any of the issues we are having except for Evo having a shorter CD than AP, that is a suggestion that I really think blizzard should be looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Deftinwolf View Post
    I feel ya. I'm just frustrated because I love Mages alot and we are almost where shaman were two weeks ago. Maybe if we just cry as much as they did?

Based on the comments of this thread. Apparently people want increased proc chance with a 50+% increase on frostbolt. With no reduction to anything else? It seems like a little much, but we are quite a ways behind

- - - Updated - - -

No what i want from frost is reduced dmg from FoF and FFB procs should be a fun O piece of candy moment that gives just above frostbolt dmg not a majorty of our damge then the spec wouldnt be so stupidly bursty.

Fire needs a high base crit and a much lower coefficent on crit gain so that instead of 100 crit gives 1% like 200 crit gives 1% and we have 20% base crit or something and the spec would be fine but instead they give us like 10% base crit and we have to wait ages to get gear to make it decent.

Arcane i agree with your barrage increase maybe not 200 but some for sure but they should either make evo 30 sec cd or decrease mana cost of ab but if they got a reduction to both it would be too op, blast does need a little bit more of a buff also due to its severe drop off when movement come in

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Except for the Evo CD, that would be a really amazing change to have. One of the big problems we are having right now is that the burn phase has a variable length, so your first Evo could be 40s after your AP is used, meaning that regardless of AP coming up at 90s, you have to wait on your Evo CD regardless making AP more af a between 90 and 120s CD rather than a 90s CD like it is seemingly intended to be, it makes for too much variation in CD timings, which is very important for planning out how to do a fight. I am not a fan of most of the suggestions posted here, as I don't think many of them will solve any of the issues we are having except for Evo having a shorter CD than AP, that is a suggestion that I really think blizzard should be looking into.
    Seconding this. Evo having a shorter CD (maybe 60s? 45s would be too short I think) would do a lot of good for being able to have evo up for every burn consistently.

A flat 200% damage buff to ABr could potentially make the burn superfluous again (by forcing ABx ABr cycles to give consistently greater throughput than burning), reverting Arcane back to the static ABx4 ABr cycle, which is not ideal, simply because of the reduction of gameplay.

That said, something obviously must be done to ABr since it is significantly insignificant now.

One potential gameplay niche that could benefit from some interaction with ABr, are moments where through a combination of luck (RNG), smart AM proc management (pooling, cycling with ABs), and conducive fight mechanics, it is sometimes possible to 'float' at max AC stacks for an extended period of time while also being at high mana during a conserve phase.

This ^ cycle must obviously be broken (with ABr) because you are in a conserve phase, but it might be cool if ABr somehow gets really buffed when you get the combo going. Maybe something where ABrs damage can go past 4 stacks? Or perhaps at max stacks you get a stacking buff to ABr which buffs its damage the longer you stay at max stacks?

Something to give it that extra oomph for those special moments. But yea, something at least must be done imho.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.