Deleted

MW a practical question.

I decided to start healing after being a rogue from TBC till now and this forum, the monk section in particular, was my gold mine. You guys helped me a lot .
    I have a question, maybe it's a silly one:
    let's suppose that i have 4 chi and no one to heal atm, i need to keep spreading renewing mist so i'm going to gain another chi.
    What am i supposed to do? Waste that chi from renewing mist's cast or cast an uplift knowing it will be overhealing just to build mana tea stacks?

Deleted
    I don't know if this is really optimal but...

...Soothing + Enveloping Mist on the tank.

That's what I'm doing at the moment if I wind up in that situation. You dump the chi for Mana Tea stacks and the EM doesn't usually go totally to waste because tanks are normally taking constant damage so unlike the uplift heal which will most likely overheal if a large number of people aren't taking consistent damage the EM heal over time will normally heal SOMETHING on the tank who is usually taking consistent damage. That's my thinking behind doing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyeyes View Post
    I decided to start healing after being a rogue from TBC till now and this forum, the monk section in particular, was my gold mine. You guys helped me a lot .
    let's suppose that i have 4 chi and no one to heal atm, i need to keep spreading renewing mist so i'm going to gain another chi.
    What am i supposed to do? Waste that chi from renewing mist's cast or cast an uplift knowing it will be overhealing just to build mana tea stacks?
    Crane stance>2 RSK>back to Serpent and continue healing unless no damage will be coming out in some time that your other healers can't handle, then just stay in Crane and build mana tea stacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyeyes View Post
    If the tank absolutely has no dmg coming in, i would use your cheapest Chi consumer (Uplift) even though the raid doesn't need a heal either. Why? Because you're still adding stacks to Mana Tea, but you're doing it the most efficient way possible when no raid/tank damage is present.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    Crane stance>2 RSK>back to Serpent and continue healing unless no damage will be coming out in some time that your other healers can't handle, then just stay in Crane and build mana tea stacks.

Would that not be 3 globals to get one heal off?

Quote Originally Posted by Yazzo View Post
    Would that not be 3 globals to get one heal off?
    The point of that isn't to heal effectively, it's to generate stacks of MT.

Deleted
    The point of that isn't to heal effectively, it's to generate stacks of MT.
    If it's only about gaining MT stacks you might as well just use EM/UL and have 2 globals spare to build more chi.

Deleted
    Think it is better to go to crane and doing some damage then put out spells that will just overheal if you going to spend chi. think Suplift knows a bit better. but I go crane when I don't need to heal just to push out some damage.
    Last edited by mmoc663396c3e2; 2014-12-06 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    If the tank absolutely has no dmg coming in, i would use your cheapest Chi consumer (Uplift) even though the raid doesn't need a heal either. Why? Because you're still adding stacks to Mana Tea, but you're doing it the most efficient way possible when no raid/tank damage is present.
    This is what I do as well. I haven't had much trouble with mana so far, but I'm the type of person that is in constant fear of running out so I love to stack that MT lol

Wouldn't it be better to BLK then RSK to get the +20% crit chance? Assuming the goal is to maximize mana tea stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by handofdesu View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to BLK then RSK to get the +20% crit chance? Assuming the goal is to maximize mana tea stacks.

It's interchangeable and doesn't have that high of a priority if you're going to spend two globals inside of it. However if you plan to be in Crane for sometime then yes, come into Crane with 4 chi and BoK>RSK.

Deleted
    Many thanks for all the answers... i think that probably i'm going to uplift for mana tea, or switching to crane stance if there's a prolonged low damage situation. Probably need to develop a deeper understanding of how and when i hae to switch stance.

Quote Originally Posted by handofdesu View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to [BOK] then RSK to get the +20% crit chance? Assuming the goal is to maximize mana tea stacks.
    The buff falls off when you switch to Serpent, so no; RSK does more damage.

You can also just do RSK once if you will need the chi soon. The thing about EM and double RSK is that it leaves you with very little chi.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazzo View Post
    If it's only about gaining MT stacks you might as well just use EM/UL and have 2 globals spare to build more chi.
    You shouldn't be wasting mana generating chi if the raid is topped off, which is the situation we're discussing, not just because the generators are overhealing, but because you want to minimize the amount of Chi you "waste" dumping into RSK or almost-full-overheal EMs/Uplifts.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise