Thread: Feral talents

Feral talents

The level 100 talents feel so meeehh.. Claws is pretty dope, but is kinda lackluster. I feel like Lunar Inspiration (the moonfire one) should be added to Claws, and some other level 100 talent added in.

the only thing i dont like is that they basically took an old talent an made 2 out of it (bloodtalons)

I agree, the 100 talents were a bit disappointing. Thankfully I was enjoying the class before level 100 and I will continue doing so.

First of all I feel more or less forced to use Bloodtalons, one because it seems to do the most damage of the three, and two because the other two I simply don't like. Getting the same talent as we already had at level 90 at level 100, with barely any visuals or added uniqueness or any kind of feeling of awesomeness? Plain boring. That said, I do enjoy the mechanic as it raises the skill level quite dramatically, at least for multiple targets.

The moonfire talent I haven't even bothered to try, that's how excited I felt about it. We're already energy starved (which is fine) and I don't want to spend energy on spell dotting. If this was some kind of new, melee, actual bleed effect I would've liked it, if it was somehow different from Rake and Rip. Perhaps this is the most boring talent for me.

Claws of Shirvalla however! Omg, it's the coolest talent I've ever seen in WoW! Or should I say heard of. The idea is so incredibly awesome, but the finish is extremely poor. I really wanted to go with this, it was the first thing I did as I hit 100 (now THAT is how I want to feel about an end tier talent). The animations are embarrasing, just use Dash and you'll see. The looks are horrible, my worgen model looks a hundred times more feral than this. That big tail that I will be staring at playing it is just too cuddly, I can't ignore looking at and asking myself: why? And I still wonder why lorewise worgen should be snow lepards.

I truly believe that it will be reworked, at least visually, but hopefully also mechanically. It allows you to cast non damaging spell in cat form, but then why did they make us able to cast Rejuvenation in cat form without the talnet in the first place? It has no value to me at all in PvE, which anyone should be able to tell just by looking at it. It practically makes able to cast Cyclone in cat form, that's it.

No, the level 100 talents should've been put further down the tree except for maybe a (reworked) CoS. Switch it with one of the utility tiers instead, and make the 100's a mix of 50% unique utility and 50% damage effects/gameplay changes.

I really liked the talent that made thrash spread rake around. But maybe it was a bit hard to balance, since they removed it from the beta.

I was a bit disappointed that the cat man model doesn't have a dance animation. I guess that'd be too overpowered for druids right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that blood talons is a thing. They should have just left it on DoC and made something new. Claws I only use in PvP for the extra flat damage. Haven't touched lunar inspiration. I may toy around with it but it just seems so blah.

Deleted
    i love bloodtalons. : - ) if used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoms View Post
    Nobody's talking about how it's used, or it's usefulness or whether or not it's a DPS increase though. It's a great talent, and it was great at 90 the first time we got it. Having it taken away for the pre-release patch and given back at 100 as a "new" top tier talent is pretty shitty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoms View Post
    and? do you use it correctly? doubt that in most times
    current stats values, at start of expansion, make it use very furstrating so it mostly result in really minor dps loss compare to others 100 talents
    Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    Nobody's talking about how it's used, or it's usefulness or whether or not it's a DPS increase though. It's a great talent, and it was great at 90 the first time we got it. Having it taken away for the pre-release patch and given back at 100 as a "new" top tier talent is pretty shitty though.
    it's retarded design talent and I'm really dissapointed that they put this crap back, instead `trash apply rake` utility to help us in AoE situation in which we are so suck, while in single target we are top anyway
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-12-06 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    and? do you use it correctly? doubt that in most times
    current stats values, at start of expansion, make it use very furstrating so it mostly result in really minor dps loss compare to others 100 talents
    Tbh yeah it's hard, but comparing to the start-up in MoP with DoC it's nothing... If you played DoC in MoP you shouldn't have much problem with BT. But I agree we need to have something done about AoE.

Claws is pretty much the go to talent for feral pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Tbh yeah it's hard, but comparing to the start-up in MoP with DoC it's nothing... If you played DoC in MoP you shouldn't have much problem with BT. But I agree we need to have something done about AoE.
    It's not hard at all, people just don't have reasonable expectations of the talent. If you go in expecting to get every PS to buff your finisher then of course its going to seem hard considering that's not even close to possible.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer