Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you're having a BUNCH of problems try running nerve strike. nerve strike + feint/talent is pretty nifty. you may not love recuperate but its decent since it is so easy to keep up. between cheap shot kidney and being able to vanish then cheap again that keeps Nerve strike up vs people like DKs and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpud View Post
    I'm not sure why people believe that as a rogue you should be constantly spamming your abilities. At low level PVP, sure, you can get away with that. At higher levels, you should be pooling and planning your burst stages with your partner. I haven't had a single issue with lack of pressure being kept up on a dps or healer. I play SUB and 2200+ RBG and working my way up 3s, started yesterday.

I have been able to keep a healer on lock down, watching DR, without an issue. The ability to also be an extremely effective peeler and staging the kill in a bomb or chain CC on a healer has been a good experience thus far in this expansion.

I do not expect to see 50k crits back to back. I expect to see faster hits combined with stuns/CC to get the job done. Rogue is one of the few classes that has a very high skill cap. I have seen many rogues play like warriors and that is just not the play style to be an effective utility for your team. Float between enemies in 3s, communicate, plan your CC out during offensive stages to stage the kill OR plan your CC out during defensive to keep your partners alive without extraordinary struggle.

Edit - Spelling error
    That's all well and good, but rogues are supposed to be assassins, I want to feel like one.

And don't forget, that even if we are super squish, every dps spec and their mother can outheal our "burst". Rogue is such a shit class really, only way it is viable is to surprise a low geared dude with a ShD and kill them in a couple of Ambushes. Or play with someone you can have voice com with so he know when to CC.

For instance, just now I played rogue/rdruid (you take what you get), first match I want to talk about is against ret/uhDK, we nuke down the pala to bubble, he heals up to 100%. We nuke him again, he dies. Then it is the DK, I think I used about 3-4 ShDs before I actually managed to out dmg his self heal. And yes, I pile up 5 CP + 5 anticipation, have Rupture and SnD up. Full kindey him, pop ShD, nuke him down to like 30%, he heals up to 90%. Rince repeat.

Next is Enhanc Shaman/fDruid. Can't kill any of them, I interrupt as many of their god damn fucking shit heals, cyclones and hex'. Doe sit help? No, I cant dent their HP, even in full burst mode. And when I finally got he druid down to 10% hp, he instant heals to 50% then the hots do the rest while he jumps around.

So fuck this fucking shit class, it is so fucking useless it is redicilous.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Rogues have sick survivability in PvP. It definitly needs to be toned down. They can escape anything with the game breaking BoS and have tons of other ways to escape or stop taking damage (evasion and CoS)

I find myself often hit with an unavoidable Stun after activating evasion. I think combat readiness is a better survival tool against melee but you lose out too much not using nerve strike.

Feint doesnt last very long. You cant afford to glyph for it. I wish it was usable while stunned and lasted a few seconds longer plus its a drain on energy. Any time your taking damage and not getting healed it will be far too much without keeping up feint and recuperate.

Recuperate heals for 3% and theres no glove bonus so it heals less than it did in Mop when they made it Shit because they removed the talents that enhanced it.

It just boggles the mind they let ferals almost heal to full from using a few finishers. Our heal finisher ticks slowly for very little. Just about every class except shadow priest and dps shaman has greater survivability than rogues.

Rogues have no passive Survivability its all active. Cooldowns, Feint. No passive damage reduction, very little armor, no resistances.

Ferals dont have cloak but they can heal with finishers. Id rather have that plus they have cyclone which Drs with nothing and cannot be dispelled witha normal dispel.

Cyclone isnt instant but it can be cast over and over Blind is a 2 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianRooks View Post
    I find myself often hit with an unavoidable Stun after activating evasion. I think combat readiness is a better survival tool against melee but you lose out too much not using nerve strike.

Feint doesnt last very long. You cant afford to glyph for it. I wish it was usable while stunned and lasted a few seconds longer plus its a drain on energy. Any time your taking damage and not getting healed it will be far too much without keeping up feint and recuperate.

Recuperate heals for 3% and theres no glove bonus so it heals less than it did in Mop when they made it Shit because they removed the talents that enhanced it.

It just boggles the mind they let ferals almost heal to full from using a few finishers. Our heal finisher ticks slowly for very little. Just about every class except shadow priest and dps shaman has greater survivability than rogues.

Rogues have no passive Survivability its all active. Cooldowns, Feint. No passive damage reduction, very little armor, no resistances.

Ferals dont have cloak but they can heal with finishers. Id rather have that plus they have cyclone which Drs with nothing and cannot be dispelled witha normal dispel.

Cyclone isnt instant but it can be cast over and over Blind is a 2 min CD.
    I'm currently rerolling my druid (from rogue) that has been parked since Vanilla, it is pretty awesome. You should try it.

There is much less variety on a kitty though, but heals in your dps rotation and the potential to tank, heal, and rdps if you get bored of mdps makes it seem so much better than rogue. I miss vanish and some of the cooler cooldowns on rogue like killing spree (your only cooldowns as a kitty are "do more damage" and "use less energy while you do more damage"), but I also miss playing WoW and being a rogue doesn't help me do that since it isn't seem as valuable to groups as hybrids are.

Perhaps that is ok though, maybe pure dps is a mistake. Maybe the 4 should go away and give everyone the versatility of the hybrids.

We probably have to wait for World of Starcraft for that though, so another decade then?