Assassination main stat priority !

Is mastery way ahead of every other stat?

and is it worth it going Combat if all your gear is haste crit? even if you don't have proper weapons?

Did heroic butcher the other night and he beat by a few hundred dps and i beleive he only beat me because his mastery was far higher then mine.

It sucks i can't post links yet, otherwise i would post the log and my armory

Thx
    Last edited by iHaste; 2014-12-05 at 08:30 PM.

without any kind of information it's hard to tell why he is beating you
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

According to Icy-Veins.com:

Agility > Mastery = Crit > Versatility = Multi. > Haste

Since agility will be on any gear that you get as a Rogue you are mainly looking for mastery and crit. I have read conflicting posts, some say crit is better and some say mastery.

Mastery is good but not far-and-away ahead like you think it is. Get enough Mastery and other stats (namely, Crit and Multistrike) will pass it. I have 1069 Mastery, 855 Crit, and 572 Multistrike, and my weights look like this:

Multistrike 0.395
    Crit 0.392
    Mastery 0.383

There will never be a set priority for secondary stats, you have to know your own stat weights.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Once peoeple start getting into the 670+ ilvl and stuff you will have a lot of mastery, almost close to 100%. So I think at that point one should consider between either crit or multistrike. Go in shadowcraft and just see your own stats weights and gear accordingly. But in more general terms Mastery will always be kind for Assass since most dmg comes from autos and poison procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simulationcraft, Shadowcraft, and this handy thread have all the answers you've stated.