This morning I opened 12 large salvage crates across 2 characters and got a total of two +3 follower armor enhancements. One enhancement per 5 or 6 crates has pretty much been the norm lately.

On my first character in WoD I got a steady stream of follower enhancements so that they could run missions for items that actually helped me. I could get enough followers high enough to score 615 rewards when they were an upgrade and the same thing with 630 rewards.

But on my alt the followers are leveling at such a low rate that I can only get items that I have already out-leveled. I have 18 followers at 100 with just a couple I picked up at the Inn working their way up. Most of the level 100 followers are Epic now since I've run so many missions with them so they don't even benefit from XP missions.

It's getting disheartening. I burn precious garrison resources to run missions that bring me no benefit in hopes of scoring upgrades in the salvage crates. But the salvage crates are returning so few upgrades that I can't progress my followers fast enough to keep up with my character. The end result is a boring mission and garrison grind that is no fun.

On my 3rd character I'm just not messing with followers at all. I'm just getting the ones I need to park in crafting and gathering buildings.