Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Has anyone tried and been able to successfully complete a gold invasion?

Title says it all, has anyone done this yet?Lol I meant solo, feel like an idiot now.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Longstroke; 2014-12-05 at 11:30 PM.

Did on my 2nd one.

Easy as shit... we had 1003 before the boss came.

Deleted
    Did it on 2nd attempt with Arms Warr (me) WW Monk and Ret Paladin. 1100 points total. Set your best DPS on Center square, best burst on main gate and weakest guy on branch, gang up if needed on branch from Center Square then move out again. Easy peasy.

Did it on the first attempt with 2 friends. Then easily repeated gold 2 more times for the remaining invasions.

Did gold on my first two. Both my toons only got dps as offspecc. Was pretty smooth aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming you are talking about solo? Because I've heard it's faceroll with multiple people.

I did the Iron Horde invasion solo today and managed to get gold fairly easily. Though last week I did the Sargerei one and I only got silver, it was close though.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Longstroke View Post
    Title says it all, has anyone done this yet?
    Gold Botani and Iron Horde yes.

Take 3 good dps. put pref a ranged in the center, 1 at the front gate and one at the other exit and kill kill kill. complete the bonus stuff that pops up quickly and then back to killing.
    The sooner you kill the faster they respawn the more points you can get.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I don't see a way to edit the title, am I missing something?

I think you have to ask a mod to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I'm assuming you are talking about solo? Because I've heard it's faceroll with multiple people.

I did the Iron Horde invasion solo today and managed to get gold fairly easily. Though last week I did the Sargerei one and I only got silver, it was close though.
    What class and spec did you use? You think most decently geared dps/tank could do it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Longstroke View Post
    What class and spec did you use? You think most decently geared dps/tank could do it?
    Surv Hunter. Hunter mobility is a lot better than most classes, so I'm not sure how other classes would fare. But if you're decently geared you should probably have a shot. Doubt a tank could do it though.

Also, if you talk to your one of your followers and make them patrol with you, they'll help you in the invasion. I'm not sure how much damage they actually do, but really anything helps. You can also buy three types of potions from someone in your main building that can be helpful during the invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Only had the Goren Invasion so far. Took 2 guildies with me and knocked it out of the park with a Gold rating. Didn't get the weapon out of the reward sack (which was my hope, albeit unrealistic) but we had a lot of fun. Gold's pretty easy to get with some help, just put a person at each gate and watch the map for interior spawns. Would be a nightmare solo, of course.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Why would you do it solo when you can share the rewards with two guildmates? Seems like a waste of potentially 2 epics for the raid.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Did on my 2nd one.
    Same.

First time was silver at 999 (yes one point off)

Second time was 1040~ish.

Bag was a let down. Just gold, GR and crystals. No mount, or epic.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

3 manned my first invasion, got gold easily, 1100 before boss showed. Iron Horde one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Plenty of gold, helping the guild out getting theirs but not solo, I did it once just to get a new invasion and got silver.

Highest score so far is 1634, got that today.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never do it solo, man. Get people from /2 if you have to.

15+ Year Old Account
    I solo'd my first invasion and got silver. Not sure how much more would have been needed for gold.

Had 2 followers assist me though, a healer bodyguard and croman as the patroller.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Helped a guildie the other day with an invasion, I did not have clue what I doing or even knew in the end if we did well or not. We got gold, barely before time ran out. Now that I know what is suppose to go on. I will be more prepared the next time someone asks. I think the whole concept of these invasion is a gas, it is so much of a blast to do.