Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to say "This." as opposed to ^, but that's my personal preference. If something really resonates with me, I'm going to give props. It's a lot like an up vote, only there are no up votes on MMO-C

If op EVER just nodded or shook his head to an answer he should be punched in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. this thread... 3/10.

It's just an abbreviated way to agree with someone. Out of all the internet slang, it's probably the least harmful. And then you mention this gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Holyyoloswag View Post
    Whether you put "^" or "this" or "I agree" or "duh" or "yep" or "I completely agree with this statement of fact above me", they are all unnecessary and don't contribute anything to the conversation that hasn't already been said.
    So no one should agree on anything unless it's detailed in a wall of text? I'm not understanding why you're so salty over an arrow. So sensitive.

Deleted
    ^ I know right....

I don't know why it's banned on the forum. I like it when people ^ or 'this' my post. I know I'm not alone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyyoloswag View Post
    Title. Why do people respond to things with ^? I understand it means "that" or "I agree", but is it really necessary?
    Because you are new to forums apparently. 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    what a stupid thread this is...
    ^^^^^^^^^^

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One key is the bringer of woes, salter of the earth, and the herald of end times.

It can not even be summoned without pressing the shift key.

This key is ^

How many "^" does it take before you believe an answer in guild chat, trade chat, or where ever you see them? 1? 2? Do you need to see any to believe or trust an answer to a question?

Do you only trust an answer that has 10 people go "^" afterwards?

If the answer to these questions is 0 or no, then you can see how useless they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Depravitty View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^ this dude so much ^^^^

15+ Year Old Account
    ^

Cause laziness is probably the third greatest driving factor for the human race, after sex and of course greed.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Well, after hunger and thirst too. They drive us to eat and drink constantly without even thinking about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Well on this forum you're not allowed to say "this".
    The problem isn't "this" or "^" - it's only if you don't follow up with something further. We don't need filler posts everytime anyone posts anything anyone agrees with - but if you want to reiterate a point, and then expand the idea a little further in some direction - it's perfectly fine to begin with a quotation followed by "^ This." or etc.

It serves an important conversational function, because if you quote something you agree with - and then communicate a supportive point - it can be confusing whether or not you are quoting it to take issue and disagree with it - or whether you are restating it as prelude to your contribution.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter