Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    That is one way to put on blinders. Being happy about your parks and mountains.
    That's ironic, coming from a person with an ultra melodramatic narrow view of a land that he/she has probably never experienced. Please go on with your delusion that the US is a terrible place. Oh ya and don't forget were living in a police-state combat zone over here, I wake up every morning with my AR-15 and frag as many people as possible!
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2014-12-08 at 08:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever tried to fire someone that is backed by a union?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The issue is not unions in the slightest.

When public union workers in the USA see public union teachers molest children, and get protection from the public union teamsters; this sends a very clear message to ALL public union workers: that they can get away with pretty much anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    So are you saying cops keep records of the race of people they interact with? Do they ask or use visual judgement? I suppose visual judgement could work in black and white cases, but it wouldn't work here.
    In Nyc the stop and frisk numbers do exist. They show that they stopped blacks and hispanics over and over and over yet turned up most times nothing, while whites had a much higher chance of turning up something illegal. They stopped whites because they were suspicious of them, not for their race, and in those times they were right more often. They stopped blacks and hispanics because they profiled them and hoped to get something to keep up their quotas.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    When public union workers in the USA see public union teachers molest children, and get protection from the public union teamsters; this sends a very clear message to ALL public union workers: that they can get away with pretty much anything.
    Not sure how the union is responsible for prosecutors not wanting to even file charges against cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Not sure how the union is responsible for prosecutors not wanting to even file charges against cops.
    Really? You don't see how the knowledge that public unions can successfully protect child molesters and rapists could factor into that decision?

If the union teamsters can shield child molesters and rapists, what are the chances any public union employee will get in any real trouble for racist emails?

The worst outcome for these police is that they get paid leave until they retire, then they get massive pensions. That would really teach them a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    I prefer people being sent to jail for being racist (EU), over being sent to jail for smoking weed (US).
    isnt that just a step closer to Fascism? glad I dont live in a shitty place where people go to jail for having an opinion. If someone wants to hate blacks or gays or whatever its their right. You cant force everyone to sit in a big circle, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya. Forcing people to be around people they dont want to be around is just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    Really? You don't see how the knowledge that public unions can successfully protect child molesters and rapists could factor into that decision?
    My question was pretty clear. What mechanism exists by which police unions are making DAs unable to prosecute? Because that's where a lot of the lies, with prosecuters having to indict their coworkers.

My question was pretty clear. What mechanism exists by which police unions are making DAs unable to prosecute? Because that's where a lot of the lies, with prosecuters having to indict their coworkers.
    Yeah, when it comes to this there is no union argument stopping prosecutors from prosecuting. Firing procedure is one thing, filing criminal charges is another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    isnt that just a step closer to Fascism?
    Banning the symbols of facist partys is the definition of facism how?

It was proven that our society was unable to resist to those primal urges of glory and scapegoating not allowing them to parade the bullshit around town allday is allright in my book because this is no oppinion its a crime.

If people want to make an enemy of our democratic system so it will strike back.
    http://www.dw.de/germany-imposes-ban...sts/a-17917655

I dont want them to teach the Hitler salute to 10 year olds or other shit.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-12-09 at 04:38 AM.

I was talking about firing them. Didnt notice you had changed the subject on me. Misunderstood the part about criminal prosecution, as opposed to firing the racist officers.

I am discussing firing the racist officers, and the protection the unions give them. If you want to discuss that, great, otherwise not interested in you changing the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should be fired if the allegations are found to be true. Policemen should for very good reasons be held to a high standard. But sometimes they are suspended before they are fired during the investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They should be fired if the allegations are found to be true. Policemen should for very good reasons be held to a high standard. But sometimes they are suspended before they are fired during the investigations.
    Investigation of what? Any normal company would have fired these racist people on the spot. Only a public union employee gets this type of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There are many instances of police brutality leading to suspension and then reinstatement.