Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would argue against WW doing flamethrower on Brackenspore. Our damage is extremely high on the fight due to the insane amount of time we get to double dip ChiEx damage with Brack/Flesheater cleaving off each other. Either way its doable as anyone, but some specs (see hunters) will obviously perform better at it.

As a more blanket tip pay attention to where your SEF clone is before casting FoF. Its worth delaying a second or two if your clone is still plodding back towards the boss. This mostly comes into play during Ogron when Phemos is running back from whirlwind, Brack if you got a bad wave or your tank just hopped over to a mushroom real fast, and Tectus if you get really shitty clouds because your ranged are dumb.

On Brack Ive found I take the least total damage by alternating Karma/Diffuse on each Infesting Spores as its nearing the end of its cast. For Karma just pop it to eat up those last few ticks since thats honestly the only part of Spores you should die to. Diffuse just pop with 6 seconds left in the channel. Dont be afraid to Zen Med yourself if your healers are struggling and you notice it, though I prefer to save it for waves as an "oh shit" button if Im bad, or just to sit and get higher uptime.

Koragh as BrM place your statue in the middle of a dampen field. It works as a mass grip target, and lowers tank damage a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiblue View Post
    Fucked is fucked regardless of how more or less fucked you are.
    And the raid leader isnt supposed to be an idiot. If the raid leader was only sending up ret pallies and leaving the hunters down for belts because he had a fetish for them, he was just a plain old shit raid leader. Same shit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    And the raid leader isnt supposed to be an idiot. If the raid leader was only sending up ret pallies and leaving the hunters down for belts because he had a fetish for them, he was just a plain old shit raid leader. Same shit here.
    Why assume that someone who has gotten a team past one if not several bosses in a raid is an idiot. I'd would rather assume that they are making a call based on their knowledge of their roster and the skill levels of each member on it rather than some weird love for one class over another. It fits better with the rest of the information given.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiblue View Post
    Why assume that someone who has gotten a team past one if not several bosses in a raid is an idiot. I'd would rather assume that they are making a call based on their knowledge of their roster and the skill levels of each member on it rather than some weird love for one class over another. It fits better with the rest of the information given.
    If a hunter was too shit to disengage back onto belts he shouldnt have been working on Heroic Blackfuse. Which ties back into personal favorites.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets try to keep this thread to discussing tips and tricks in Highmaul, not proper raid leading ideas.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I see a lot of ppl are running with Serenity on Brackenspore mythic.

what is behind it ?

I don't - got logs?
    And the only reason I could think of is if you have heavy issues with the Fungal Flesheaters.

The first video - the guy uses ChiExp:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=18

Second video the two monks actually do use Serenity, but their DPS speaks for themselves:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9

7+ Year Old Account
    Did mythic brackenspore the other night and was surprised that after dodging the majority of the mushrooms, one spawned right on top of me a split second before explosion. Other than just constantly moving away from brackenspore during that time, I think ToK might be good to pop just in case you get one of these last second shrooms (as long as you are above 130k health). Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    The first video - the guy uses ChiExp:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=18

Second video the two monks actually do use Serenity, but their DPS speaks for themselves:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9
    I'm honoured you and limis watched my video. My dps and play got a lot better later on when I got 2p.

https://puu.sh/en5ih/5fdc6e7b64.png

You just can't achieve that kind of dps with serenity when you're using 2p (wasn't at the time of the vid though). Even without it, if you play really well, the cleave from explosion is just too good.
    C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient nímporte qui.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeahndria View Post
    Did mythic brackenspore the other night and was surprised that after dodging the majority of the mushrooms, one spawned right on top of me a split second before explosion. Other than just constantly moving away from brackenspore during that time, I think ToK might be good to pop just in case you get one of these last second shrooms (as long as you are above 130k health). Thoughts?

ToK is just too useful on infesting spores, you can guarentee to get the full capacity off and save yourself if you use it at the end of spores. Diffuse magic on shrooms if you're in need of a panic button, but other than that it's just a mechanic you'll need to avoid.

Finally did margok, so here are mine for that.

-CX worked really well for last phase, we saved cd's and lusted on cho'gall, so that turned last phase into basically a mini-butcher.
    -CX+2set+celerity syncs really well with incoming wave, you dump your chi/energy as he casts, step out and roll back in as the cast completes to abuse your 2set. You can *almost* ignore the cleave if you roll, so long as no-one is going to try walking through right on top of you - I did end up needing to make weakaura to show when I had disc bubble, because without it things change - "Why did you die, omg". I also made a weakaura to yell at me when I had 3 charges of roll, because I found I was losing casts during warmages etc.
    -We didn't have problems with the aberrations, but they were the weakest point in my damage profile as CX, because I mostly SEF'd them while keeping on boss unless it was just before a transition or tod was up - I was top3 on margok/chogall/warmages, the latter two being significant pressure points.
    -Trancendence worked really well as a backup port for the waves when things got messy, but I found our tanks moved the boss too much / balls kept making me too nervous for it to be preferred method (I would be 100% hp after rolling through the wave if I had a disc bubble). I ended up using either diffuse magic or zen med to walk through the wave if I didn't have a bubble and balls were incoming (rare) - Our biggest problem at that point was random deaths, not damage, so safety>all to have everyone alive for chogall.
    -We had 3 tod's on chogall (one monk of each spec). They accounted for just over 2% of his hp, turning an almost 3% wipe into a kill.

Overall, we aren't great numbers dps on this fight compared to some other classes, but we can definitely bring the bits that count, and our kit handles the mechanics well - ToD's on high priority targets, SEF on mages, chogall burst, mobility/mitigation on the waves.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-01-11 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Finally did margok, so here are mine for that.

-CX worked really well for last phase, we saved cd's and lusted on cho'gall, so that turned last phase into basically a mini-butcher.
    -CX+2set+celerity syncs really well with incoming wave, you dump your chi/energy as he casts, step out and roll back in as the cast completes to abuse your 2set. You can *almost* ignore the cleave if you roll, so long as no-one is going to try walking through right on top of you - I did end up needing to make weakaura to show when I had disc bubble, because without it things change - "Why did you die, omg". I also made a weakaura to yell at me when I had 3 charges of roll, because I found I was losing casts during warmages etc.
    -We didn't have problems with the aberrations, but they were the weakest point in my damage profile as CX, because I mostly SEF'd them while keeping on boss unless it was just before a transition or tod was up - I was top3 on margok/chogall/warmages, the latter two being significant pressure points.
    -Trancendence worked really well as a backup port for the waves when things got messy, but I found our tanks moved the boss too much / balls kept making me too nervous for it to be preferred method (I would be 100% hp after rolling through the wave if I had a disc bubble). I ended up using either diffuse magic or zen med to walk through the wave if I didn't have a bubble and balls were incoming (rare) - Our biggest problem at that point was random deaths, not damage, so safety>all to have everyone alive for chogall.
    -We had 3 tod's on chogall (one monk of each spec). They accounted for just over 2% of his hp, turning an almost 3% wipe into a kill.

Overall, we aren't great numbers dps on this fight compared to some other classes, but we can definitely bring the bits that count, and our kit handles the mechanics well - ToD's on high priority targets, SEF on mages, chogall burst, mobility/mitigation on the waves.
    Grats on getting it before any of us (even though I hear you raided extra hours =P). Just was curious as to your add damage in p4, which seemingly was nothing. Given how many adds there are in that phase, why is it so low? I figured you guys were just gathering them up and tanking them away from the boss until there were enough to aoe down (like Method) but some of your guys had a boatload more dps on them, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

So far in p1 and 2, I've found that I'm always the highest dps on the aberrations (thank you touch of death). Even with 2 monks constantly casting them you have enough for 1 each aberration. Also just curious, how were you losing casts on warmages?

Can't wait to get it down....

Quote Originally Posted by Munklemonk View Post
    Grats on getting it before any of us (even though I hear you raided extra hours =P). Just was curious as to your add damage in p4, which seemingly was nothing. Given how many adds there are in that phase, why is it so low? I figured you guys were just gathering them up and tanking them away from the boss until there were enough to aoe down (like Method) but some of your guys had a boatload more dps on them, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

So far in p1 and 2, I've found that I'm always the highest dps on the aberrations (thank you touch of death). Even with 2 monks constantly casting them you have enough for 1 each aberration. Also just curious, how were you losing casts on warmages?

Can't wait to get it down....
    ty :-). We thought we were losing our MT for one night (no internet, moving house and stuff), so we changed raid nights for the week - but thanks to the wonders of tethered mobile phones he was able to connect anyway, so we raided last night too - it wasn't intentional extra hours

Chogall - Our bear handled the adds himself mostly, deliberately dragging them out of temptation range for melee . We were actively asking people to hold off cleave spells so we could kill them on our terms but they ended up mostly dead via him + a few free aoe things. Since they hit for practically nothing there was no real motivation to kill them quickly than dps parses, which isn't really a first-kill problem, so thrash / dk / boomkin was fast enough - some people may have taken it upon themselves to 'help' too >.>. Next week hopefully we don't have to do that - I think I could have got #1 if we kept them in melee as 2set chiex + lust :-)

Aberrations - If they were ever an issue, I could push this higher, just at the cost of boss dps (ie, swap targets instead of SEF'ing for double-chiex etc), but unless its a transition and we need them cleaned up I just cleave for higher overall - we didn't have problems with them staying up too long. I could have had a fair few more ToD's overall in the fight, I held off more than a few because we were going to get it down cleanly before anything else happened, and the next major add might be messy - enrage wasn't ever a concern, so much as dealing with the current thing before the next thing happened. Next week I can aim to be a bit more whore-ish on them :-)

Warmages - What do you mean about losing casts? We have an interrupt rotation on both, if that is what you are meaning?

gl with yours :-)
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-01-12 at 03:11 AM.

We thought we were losing our MT for one night (no internet, moving house and stuff), so we changed raid nights for the week - but thanks to the wonders of 4G he was able to connect anyway, so we raided last night too - it wasn't intentional extra hours

Chogall - Our bear handled the adds himself mostly, deliberately dragging them out of temptation range for melee . We were actively asking people to hold off cleave spells so we could kill them on our terms, but they mostly died to the cleave before being brought anywhere near most melee. Since they hit for practically nothing there was no real motivation to kill them quickly than dps parses, which isn't really a first-kill problem, so thrash / dk / boomkin was fast enough (I don't think anyone else was doing much to them there). Next week hopefully we don't - I think I could have got #1 if we kept them in melee as chiex + lust :-)

Aberrations - If they were ever an issue, I could push this higher, just at the cost of boss dps (ie, swap targets instead of SEF'ing for double-chiex etc), but unless its a transition and we need them cleaned up I just cleave for higher overall - we didn't have problems with them staying up too long. I could have had a fair few more ToD's overall in the fight, I held off more than a few because we were going to get it down cleanly before anything else happened, and the next might be messy - enrage wasn't ever a concern, so much as dealing with the current thing before the next thing happened. Next week I can aim to be a bit more whore-ish on them :-)

Warmages - What do you mean about losing casts? We have an interrupt rotation on both, if that is what you are meaning?
    "because I found I was losing casts during warmages" - I wondered what you meant by that, given that interrupt is off the gcd

I just felt that our boss damage was never a problem, as was enrage. Adds dying quickly was just a lot easier on the healers. Every bit counts I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Munklemonk View Post
    "because I found I was losing casts during warmages" - I wondered what you meant by that, given that interrupt is off the gcd

I just felt that our boss damage was never a problem, as was enrage. Adds dying quickly was just a lot easier on the healers. Every bit counts I guess
    Oh, I meant that I was not always getting the most out of 2set during warmages - I was being paranoid about interrupts / getting my clones off / avoiding whoever decided to stack with fixate etc, and I would often cap out and sit on 3 charges for a while. Adding a weakaura alert for whenever I was close to cap just made it one less thing to mentally track, so I wouldn't lose any roll charges by accident - only due to being too busy / gcd capped to benefit at the time.

As to aberrations, yeah - the faster they go down, the more time your healers have to stabilize things before the next mechanic. My perspective was that other than the key points where we needed to shove them fast, we were handling it fine, so I found it hard to justify going for 100% damage to the add instead of 150-160%ish overall damage split between the boss and the add via SEF. (70% + 70% from you+clone, and the 50% cleave to second nearby target from CX/FoF damage, which makes up over 30% of my profile).

Boss damage as far as enrage wasn't a problem (barring chogall), but pushing before the next add spawns / next wave etc makes for a much cleaner / safer transition, so boss dps wasn't meaningless.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-01-12 at 04:20 AM.

As to aberrations, yeah - the faster they go down, the more time your healers have to stabilize things before the next mechanic. My perspective was that other than the key points where we needed to shove them fast, we were handling it fine, so I found it hard to justify going for 100% damage to the add instead of 150-160%ish overall damage split between the boss and the add via SEF. (70% + 70% from you+clone, and the 50% cleave to second nearby target from CX/FoF damage, which makes up over 30% of my profile).

Boss damage as far as enrage wasn't a problem (barring chogall), but pushing before the next add spawns / next wave etc makes for a much cleaner / safer transition, so boss dps wasn't meaningless.
    Oh yea god no, I would never hard switch to aberrations, always SEF. Was just looking at my logs and figured we have quite a difference in damage on the fortified (not the displacing ones though).

For brackenspore mythic, Worth putting a SeF clone on the pea-shooters? Assuming that the ranged are doing their job, and not putting a clone on in order to kill the fungal-flesh thing faster? Also, should I ever volunteer for the flame-thrower? How worth is it for a ww monk to take that job. Refuse it and tell our hunter, rogue, and [mage/lock/spriest] to do it instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireguard View Post
    For brackenspore mythic, Worth putting a SeF clone on the pea-shooters? Assuming that the ranged are doing their job, and not putting a clone on in order to kill the fungal-flesh thing faster? Also, should I ever volunteer for the flame-thrower? How worth is it for a ww monk to take that job. Refuse it and tell our hunter, rogue, and [mage/lock/spriest] to do it instead?
    Don't take the job because it's a big dps increase for range classes and dps loss for melee class on a fight that has several soft enrages and a hard enrage.
    Yes put a clone on pea shooters if they're in range. A fungus in raid should be your priority 2nd SEF though, and then just help with the shooters when you can.