Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguard View Post
    For brackenspore mythic, Worth putting a SeF clone on the pea-shooters? Assuming that the ranged are doing their job, and not putting a clone on in order to kill the fungal-flesh thing faster? Also, should I ever volunteer for the flame-thrower? How worth is it for a ww monk to take that job. Refuse it and tell our hunter, rogue, and [mage/lock/spriest] to do it instead?
    Hunters and druids should be on bitch duty for the flame throwers. Additionally, because the spore shooters died so quickly (due to the druid w/ flamethrower+starfall), I found it wasn't worth using SEF on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireguard View Post
    For brackenspore mythic, Worth putting a SeF clone on the pea-shooters? Assuming that the ranged are doing their job, and not putting a clone on in order to kill the fungal-flesh thing faster? Also, should I ever volunteer for the flame-thrower? How worth is it for a ww monk to take that job. Refuse it and tell our hunter, rogue, and [mage/lock/spriest] to do it instead?
    Its definitely worth it - assuming you already have one up on the boss and the big guy, throw your second SEF at whichever you think will live longest every time your current one dies.

I can't say I have trawled logs to prove it, but the other monk in my group insists the pea shooter bombs hit them occasionally too, which is a nice side perk for the raid in theory - I am generally too busy to pay attention, I just recast it whenever my aura says one despawned.

You don't ever want to do flamethrower, its a pretty massive dps loss compared to a hunter or boomkin doing it and sitting almost constantly at high stacks.

In addition to Zen Meditation you can also use your Elusive Brew to avoid whirlwind damage from Phemos. You can dodge and parry the ticks.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=157944
    Sry 4 bad english if present :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyskaar View Post
    As Hinalover said in a different thread it's all subject to how you gear. If you gear haste for fights like Tectus, Brack and Twins yes i have no doubts ChiEx will pull ahead. On the other hand the prio for Kargath and Butcher are Multi into Versatility+Crit. Basically you also need a set of haste hear and enchants for ChiEx to actually work, and even so you will still have idle moments in the fight waiting for energy regen to get to 4 Chi. For Brack the idle moments are very rare thanks to Bloodlust at pull into blue mushrooms uptimes, but for Tectus and Twins i bet that a Multi-Crit build running Serenity will be very close to a haste starved ChiEx build.
    Monks are now a niche class. In my opinion, you and your raid/guild would be best served by you filling your niche and gemming/enchanting/gearing/speccing to fill the role that WW monks are currently designed around. YOUR NICHE IS NOT SINGLE TARGET. Gear for Ascension/Chi Explosion and maximize the fights you're meant to maximize. Do your best in the others. Stop pretending you're kitty cats cause you're not.