Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For normal mode casual raiders? Probably overtuned. For everyone else using voice comm, strategy and planning? Perfect.

Blue mushroom is the key. Regens mana, gives 30%? haste, etc.

It's all about that blue mushroom. You need as close to 100% uptime on it when it spawns if you want to avoid wiping to moss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brackenspore is not hard, it's just a bit complicated. I fully believe it's one of the easiest fights when you get the mechanics down. But it is unforgiving as hell. (This is based on my guild's encounters with him, come at me and call us bad. Maybe we are.)
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    We visited him today in the last 30min of our Raid and got him with 12 men down to 9% lasttry. He is a piece of cake after Tectus First 2/3 trys we just used the green shrooms and ignored the blue.. well, if you use them correctly he will go down.

Mushroom, mushroom!

Seriously this fight is largely about mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardiff View Post
    Just curious does the shroom decay at the same rate one fully healed in 10 vs 30? I mean that could be a problem since in 30 man if you have anywhere between 4-6 heals spamming it as well as other defensives on it (if they even work), that thing stays up for like 2 minutes. If it does decay at the same rate the fight does become a bit harder but I don't actually know since only have done it on 30 both modes. Just a thought.
    I actually wanna know this too. I know the shrooms hp scales up the more people you have.

I got my kill in a pug. We started out with 15 or so and just kept adding more and more DPS until we were up to 30. For all that DPS I think we added one healer.

EDIT: Tentatively I think Normal tuning is fine, it's just that later bosses need gear from the first ones. Koragh at 630 ilvl is a tough sell but 650?
    Last edited by hablix; 2014-12-08 at 03:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    13 person group, with 3 healers. I don't see how we're supposed to keep the blue mushroom up for 2+ minutes. One healer spamming it nonstop with their strongest heal is enough for 30-40 seconds, but after that it seems like it loses health 30% chunks at a time. Even with 2 healers on it and the other left covering EVERYTHING else, it still doesn't last much longer.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    So heres what we did. We were having issues with the moss towards the end of the fight. We figured it was the beserk. Tonight, we changed it up a little bit, Myself (resto druid) and our hunter did the moss. We had no issues at all with it. During down time i head/did dps. I took the talent dream of cenerious because i could push out more dps/healing with the buffs from clearing the moss.

As a druid i have all these speed cds, and was able to get so much of the moss. The hunter took some speed increase also. We did very well. cleared it on the first attempt doing it like that. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    13 person group, with 3 healers. I don't see how we're supposed to keep the blue mushroom up for 2+ minutes. One healer spamming it nonstop with their strongest heal is enough for 30-40 seconds, but after that it seems like it loses health 30% chunks at a time. Even with 2 healers on it and the other left covering EVERYTHING else, it still doesn't last much longer.
    glyphed gs is fun on those

Brackenspore is a clusterfuck. I didn't know what I was doing until halfway through the fight. Even so, it's the only boss in the instance that my group one-shot. I would not say it's overtuned in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Going to agree with this.

Brackenspore has a lot going on, must mastering the mechanics of the fight make it very easy. As I said before;

1) Make sure the big add is interrupted at all times. Never let a cast through. Both Tanks & 1 DPS can easily do this.
    2) Make sure the pulsating mushroom (Reduced Cast Time) is killed immediately. It has very little health, so all Melee DPS should switch and kill it instantly.
    3) Make sure you're always on a Blue mushroom. It's effectively a permanent Bloodlust and your Healers should be burning their mana on it.
    4) Only move to a green one when you feel healing is needed (AoE Raid Damage).

Blue Mushroom > Green Mushroom.

Using Raid Cooldowns (Amplify Magic, Tranquility, Revival, etc...) to get through most of the damage means you can stay on the Blue mushroom longer, and kill the boss a lot faster.

If you're struggling it's because you're not handling the mechanics properly, not because the boss needs to be nerfed. Calling for a ~50% Health reduction is silly, when there are mechanics in the fight that let you have a near permanent Bloodlust while the Blue mushroom is up.

Having 1 Healer & 1 Mobile DPS handle the Flamethrowers will also solve any DPS issues you've got. We stuck 2 x Hunters on ours, but with the Healing & Bloodlust Mushroom(s) a Healer could easily handle the creeping moss and still do decent Healing.
    Thanks for being one of the only people giving useful information in this thread, all these "we did it fine you're noobs" comments are useless.

Question: I've seen some guides say that the green mushrooms heal the boss and some others just tank the boss on top of the shroom. Which one is, uh, reliable?

10+ Year Old Account
    The green shroom don't heal the boss. Might've been so in Beta or w/e, but we killed it on normal while stacking under the green shroom - big add+boss and all was fine, no extra HP. Even the bloody moss is not that big of a deal when it touches boss for a second or 2.

Brackenspore is not overtuned, nor is it difficult. Your raid just needs to actually understand the mechanics.

When a green mushroom spawns, move in range of it and don't top it off until he starts doing his infested spores (or whatever that shit is called) it completely negates that mechanic and makes it utterly meaningless. When a blue mushroom spawns, tank boss right beside it so your entire raid, including melee, can stand on the thing and get the bloodlust-like haste buff from it.

Healers should spam heal the shit out of it to keep it alive as long as possible.

If all mechanics are being handled correctly, the only people who EVER take any damage at all are your 2 tanks and whatever (presumably 2) ranged dps you have assigned to intercept the pea shooter plant guys. So there is very, very little healing needed on the fight so it frees your healers to spam the shit out of the blue mushroom to keep it alive. You need to maximize it's uptime for optimal DPS.

My guild's alt run had people in 630s and some even in their 620s because lulz alts and we still killed him very easily because we know how the fight works.

Don't use mushrooms the second they spawn, save them till you can get the most out of them. Dont top that green shit off till the infested spores happens. Don't top that blue shit off until everyone is in position and you're not gonna have to move to a green for infested spore or whatever.

Be smart about it and brackenspore is the 2nd easiest fight in the raid.

Maximizing green mushrooms isn't as big of a deal on normal difficulty because the damage to the raid is SIGNIFICANTLY lower, but if you ever want to move up to heroic you gotta get used to optimizing your greens because the infested spore crap hurts everyone a LOT and if green is done correctly, it negates the mechanic 100%.

Stack the add on top of the boss and focus the add, passive cleave will hit the boss as well this way, just make sure the tanks arent next to each other because the boss's cone breath will wreck the add tank.

Make sure all ranged kill pea shooters and all melee kill the brown mushrooms.

The cooldown on the add's decay is like, 7 or 8 seconds or something, so it only takes two melee interrupts (with 15 second CDs) to handle them. One tank should always get one, and then just have melee handling the other. We had a warrior doing it because of his glyph or talent or whatever that increases his damage after he interrupts. But just assigning one melee to do one set and whoever is tanking him to do the other set will make decay a complete non-issue. And if anyone fucks up, if the cast is about to go off, literally anyone in your raid can catch it and prevent it from happening because everyone should be tunneling that add anyway.

Don't try to keep green mush rooms alive for extended periods of time, it's rather pointless. They only need to last for the duration of the infested spores, after that they can die and it won't matter. As I said, if mechanics are being handled, there's no damage going out. If you start seeing random AOE spikes on your raid when infested spores isn't happening, it means no one is intercepting the pea shooters so they are AOEing the raid. Just assign like 2 ranged to always stand between them and the raid so it hits them and only deals damage to them, otherwise it'll AOE everyone.

Not sure what other useful things I can say. Put hunters on flamethrower duty because they can do the most damage on the move. They will PISS AND MOAN like fuck because now that all of them are marksmen they cry OCEANS about having to move at all due to their mastery, but the fact of the matter is they still do more dps while moving than any other class by heaps, so they should always be on bitch duty, whether they like it or not. Also remember hitting escape will stop the flamethrower cast and you should only fire very short bursts to kill creeping shit. Don't let your weapon overheat ever, it will set you back. Even if green shit gets near the boss and the hunters goofed up so bad they cant kill the patch, the tanks can always move the boss away from it.

Communication is extremely useful for this fight.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-12-08 at 02:22 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Hello,

This fight is a typical fight where progress will win you the fight. It is a fight where you will have to practice until you master. Better tank movement, better/faster switching to adds/cleaving, better flamethrowing, better soaking of the peashooters (whatever they're called, I just nicknamed them peashooters), and so on. Don't give up too fast.

This is a healer fight. That is to say your healers will determine whether you win or not because they control the mechanics of the fight. The mechanics are pretty straightforward, so let's consider them one by one even though you already know them, just to make sure you're not missing something.
    1) Moss. Tanks should get the addon GTFO, it will scream at them the moment they stand on moss (which will happen near the end of the fight). Moss heals the boss. This will cost you the kill. Flamethrowering people will control the moss where you move only, so they should be focusing and learning to create paths from and to mushrooms.
    2) Mushrooms. Your boss always stands near a mushroom unless moss prevents that for now. One healer gets them kinda to near topped, then when he AoEs you top the green so it heals the raid for you. After this you move the boss to the Blue one. Make sure your dps aligns their cooldowns with the blue one. 15-19k dps on this boss is really low because blue mushroom is supposed to carry your dps through it. A minimum of 20k is really not much asked even in your gear for this specific boss. If you're not using blue mushroom correctly, killing this boss for a typical raid group will be rather hard. This is probably your issue on the boss!
    3) Peashooters (sporeshooters). In case you're not already, don't let the entire raid take damage from them. Their peas can be soaked by one or two dudes. The one who soaks usually is the one to kill them, unless they're in your melee group (You should *always* be stacked on the melee on this fight). When I was tanking this boss, I would help kill them also.
    4) Big Adds. Interrupt rotation here if you aren't already.
    5) Shitshrooms. Those need to be killed by preferably only melee VERY fast.

In short, correct distribution of DPS on this fight combined with mushroom management is what will net you the kill. There is no point for EVERYONE to switch to the Shitshroom if it dies really fast by just the hands of melee. There is no need for EVERYONE to switch to the peashooters if your hunters can easily take care of it.

Hope I helped slightly.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2014-12-08 at 02:24 PM.

Given that normal mode is aimed at PuGs/friends + family/fun casual raiding he feels overtuned for this difficulty, especially if you don't have voice comms. PuGs are frustrating at the best of times, but it's very tough right now on unorganised groups, compared to the other fights anyway

Looking forward to the LFR shitfest he'll inevitably be on the first week

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Given that normal mode is aimed at PuGs/friends + family/fun casual raiding he feels overtuned for this difficulty, especially if you don't have voice comms. PuGs are frustrating at the best of times, but it's very tough right now on unorganised groups, compared to the other fights anyway

Looking forward to the LFR shitfest he'll inevitably be on the first week
    Maybe maybe hopefully on LFR there'll be NPCs who clear for you ... er, "clear" for you, basically they're just a visual and the moss only really happens at the outer edges.

I can't see them leaving this fight more complicated than moving to / healing mushrooms and killing/interrupting adds on LFR ... not after the first couple nights at least, haha.

Also huge troll potential of grabbing the flamethrower and tabbing out ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Maybe maybe hopefully on LFR there'll be NPCs who clear for you ... er, "clear" for you, basically they're just a visual and the moss only really happens at the outer edges.

I can't see them leaving this fight more complicated than moving to / healing mushrooms and killing/interrupting adds on LFR ... not after the first couple nights at least, haha.

Yep, I really hope they remove the flamethrowers, and make the adds killable by 3-4 people, otherwise it's gonna get painful very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

Man, brackenspore and butcher are going to be a nightmare.

Organization in LFR...wut?

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Given that normal mode is aimed at PuGs/friends + family/fun casual raiding he feels overtuned for this difficulty, especially if you don't have voice comms.
    Pretty sure Blizzard has never said this.

Even if they did, raiding normal the first week it came out is definitely not "pugs/family fun". Those kind of people are still gearing up and doing heroics.