MW - Looking for some help

I recently got my mistweaver just geared enough to do heroics.

I do well enough with single-target damage, though if the tank is undergeared/still getting geared, it feels like I really have to spam Surging + Enveloping just to keep them alive and stable. It's group damage that I really struggle with -- Uplift feels like it hardly heals for anything at all, and in a lot of situations, I end up just using Surging or Surging + Enveloping on them. I use Rushing Jade Wind when I can, but not every fight will have everyone stacked up.

Is there any advice for how to deal with group damage? It'll be especially needed, since I'll be going into Highmaul soon with a friend's raid group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    I recently got my mistweaver just geared enough to do heroics.

I do well enough with single-target damage, though if the tank is undergeared/still getting geared, it feels like I really have to spam Surging + Enveloping just to keep them alive and stable. It's group damage that I really struggle with -- Uplift feels like it hardly heals for anything at all, and in a lot of situations, I end up just using Surging or Surging + Enveloping on them. I use Rushing Jade Wind when I can, but not every fight will have everyone stacked up.

Is there any advice for how to deal with group damage? It'll be especially needed, since I'll be going into Highmaul soon with a friend's raid group.
    It's the same for me, if someone makes a mistake in the group I find it really hard to recover from that, my uplift is healing for 7.5k (I'm in 618 iLvl) and my surging mist is non critting for 13k. With health pools at 260k I have to sit and spam SM in some cases.

I'm wondering if it gets better with gear cause at the moment I'm finding it hard, or I'm wondering if MW monks are sub-par.
    Last edited by mmoc2fedee611d; 2014-12-07 at 06:31 AM.

Spamming SM is intended gameplay; the mana cost relative to max mana and regen has been vastly reduced compared to MoP, and its healing has been increased by a lot, too.

Uplift is not weak; it may appear so because max HP is much higher this expansion relative to damage and healing. Uplift, even on only 5 targets, is very chi efficient compared to EM (mainly because you can't EM and SooM someone for the entire 6 seconds without overhealing).

Make sure you're timing your ReMs so that your jumps are not fizzling so that you're not Uplifting only 2-4 targets. That's just a waste of GCDs, mana, and chi. (The jumps sometimes fizzle and do nothing if everyone has ReM on them, so only cast it when someone is missing the HoT. For example, cast on the tank every ~10 seconds and let the other two HoTs from each cast jump to the other four targets.)

You should have plenty of mana for 2-minute boss fights, even with tons of surging, so feel free to hold onto your Spirit gear in your bags for raids but swap to Haste instead for dungeons. (Check the stat weights in my signature. Since you have plenty of mana in dungeons, the weight for Spirit is very low and Haste is much higher.)
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-12-07 at 08:25 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

An update: Been getting lucky with dungeon drops and I've been picking up gear with multistrike. As it goes up, my healing results have become increasingly more tolerable. That'll no doubt continue to improve as the expansion goes on, and both multistrike and crit chance continue to increase.

I would recommend using rjw only when you can use its full duration. It's very mana intensive. I have actually been playing with chiEx in 5 mans. Using it with 2 chi for a spot heal on dps. It crits upward to 45k and hots them. Just use it at 2 chi for single target. Uplift if more than one person need healing.