Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    disregarding how important the barn is overall, skinning has historically been the easiest of the 3 gathering professions. Who here remembers doing the sholazar basin circle for titanium? Skinning has always had the advantage of near unlimited spawns, and you could gather the resources by doing some normal activities.

I like their attempt to balance the ease of skinning with the other professions by adding a second way to receive the harder to get resources (In proportion to recipe number and frequency of crafting). Too bad they overshot it and made mining/herbing worthless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    As far as I'm concerned they can ditch the fishing shack, the most underwhelming building by far. Nat Pagle can be unlocked in a similar way (mostly through quests and fishing). Fish catch size in garrison waters would be solely related to garrison level (no real change). Nat Pagle wouldn't need to be assigned to a building to unlock Lunkers, that would happen automatically after obtaining him as a follower.

In the shack's place comes a cattle farm. By default it can only raise either cows or sheep (awarding leather/fur respectively). Quests/followers unlock the ability to domesticate talbuks/rylaks/clefthoofs/boars/riverbeasts/elekks. Herding those animals would yield their meat in addition to fur/cloth. They can come up with a simple daily task for each animal, like feeding or cleaning.

Would help with the completely skewed gathering professions. Ore is piss easy to get enough of on an alt as low as 92. Getting leather is much slower, with beasts not even giving a full leather until Spires of Arak. Getting it from the barn means giving up feasts or cloth and is much more annoying to maintain. Lumber Mill can be farmed for over 4 days in a single day, barn will take up half your inventory if you do that. More meats are also welcome since they're used in every raid potion.
    This says it all.

I actually think the Mine and Herb Garden should have been more like the Barn, not vice versa. The Work orders yields should have been the only way to get those materials out of the building.

I kinda agree though, Barn could have been a secondary building everybody can build. As it is right now barn on anybody's main's garrison is just not a good idea, since there are A. better buildings for a main and B. alts can get everything out of anyway.

it would have been nicer to have to have chosen either mine or herb garden.... especially considering many of my alts were alchemist and having to get to 96 is annoying
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    The barn isn't for skinners at all......
    it wouldn't make any sense, since you capture the animal, and with that can't skin it.
    instead the barn is a substitute building for cooking, leatherworking and tailoring.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Screw skinning! I want my archeology digsite! The mine carts are worthless.
    I've thought about that too. Allowing to replace the mine with a digsite would probably also have helped with the initial ore oversupply issues.

Deleted
    Is the Barn worth it now or will Savage Blood prices fall so much that it is not worth it anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup it's a pretty retarded concept that this is an absolutely mandatory building if you want to craft anything. <_<
    Same goes for salvage / dwarven bunker if you want to use your followers.

My main has neither and it's ridiculous how gimped my followers are b/c I usually get 1 or 2 parts per f*** day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell me about it, I've got 1200+ true iron ore and blackrock ore, 200+ of all herbs, and yet I have to spend time farming fur for my tailoring stuff every day. Instead of primal spirits, they should've just done a vendor that sold trade goods in exchange for other trade goods. Add a cheap item like the grocery baskets that took 20 of a trade good and bundled it into a currency item, say "crate of goods", that you could use to buy 20 of a different trade good. Or make it a loss, 20 ore for 10 cloth, I don't care.

FYI - it is not the only source of bloods. There is a primal trader in your garrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

the barn is a building for multiple profs. its there for Cooking, leatherworking and tailoring. Not to mention the upper tier reagents it provides.